Nugget Shooter Forums
Reg

New PI

Hey I'd be happy with any of these and a place to get out and roam around. From my POV any of you guys have it great to be able to get out and go. Anyway like Mike sez, it's all really good campfire talk.If you want more, buy more. If you can't deal with what you have. I've got a GB and i can find shoe tacks with the best.

Reg may remember from other forums that I tend to come up with some off the wall questions. This goes for all detectors.

How about an app for Ipad/Android/etc that takes the output from the signal or somewhere along the signal path and does some digital signal processing to a visual on the screen.

Later Wyndham

Whoa, guess I'll jump in here for a moment, I'll post what I posted elsewhere about this new version of the TDI,

"Thanks for taking the time to post this here as well. Now that sounds like an AMERICAN company; keep streamlining the product and offer a better value to the customer! Lowering the price instead of raising it each year. Whites is to be commended, I look forward to any videos detailing in field use of the detector, from what I hear, the TDI makes the learning curve of some Minelab products look like child's play, so I find it rather intimidating, but maybe I have the wrong impression".

I don't know why you're being so critical of something that just came out Terry. Nobody is saying the TDI is the best PI detector out there. Is it the best value? I would say so, short of buying a used Minelab, and for some locations I imagine the TDI would be a better choice. For many pocket books the TDI would be a better choice than a Minelab. I don't think anyone is going to sit here and say a vlf goes deeper than the TDI. You're always promoting Tesoros and I don't think anyone here has ever jumped on you for that, so let Whites have it's fun. I will say this for you though, at least you speak your mind and we know where you stand, I do like that and can definitely be that way myself.

Regards,

RCB

Whoa, guess I'll jump in here for a moment, I'll post what I posted elsewhere about this new version of the TDI,

"Thanks for taking the time to post this here as well. Now that sounds like an AMERICAN company; keep streamlining the product and offer a better value to the customer! Lowering the price instead of raising it each year. Whites is to be commended, I look forward to any videos detailing in field use of the detector, from what I hear, the TDI makes the learning curve of some Minelab products look like child's play, so I find it rather intimidating, but maybe I have the wrong impression".

I don't know why you're being so critical of something that just came out Terry. Nobody is saying the TDI is the best PI detector out there. Is it the best value? I would say so, short of buying a used Minelab, and for some locations I imagine the TDI would be a better choice. For many pocket books the TDI would be a better choice than a Minelab. I don't think anyone is going to sit here and say a vlf goes deeper than the TDI. You're always promoting Tesoros and I don't think anyone here has ever jumped on you for that, so let Whites have it's fun. I will say this for you though, at least you speak your mind and we know where you stand, I do like that and can definitely be that way myself.

Regards,

RCB

I have never said anything about Reg, who is simply doing his job and knows more about detecting than 99-percent of the folks out there. I promote and support Minelab and Tesoro, because I USE them, and believe they are the very best tools for what I use them for - Not because I sell them, or because I am a paid spokesperson!

I said the TDI is a piece of crap in the gold fields, and putting lipstick on it isn't going to help. Now, if it cost $800.00 - as it should, I would not be "AS" down on it. At over $1,000.00 it is a rip off - period! Honestly, if I was offered my choice of a free TDI, or a Goldbug II, I would take the Goldbug EVERY time. These are MY opinions about a product - NOT a person.

Now I must get back to helping the old folks next door secure their lawn furniture. We are expecting "Irene," tomorrow night..

I said the TDI is a piece of crap in the gold fields, and putting lipstick on it isn't going to help.

Ya know your opinion might carry more weight if you actually had any experience with the TDI line. Since we enjoy the freedom of speech here in the good ole' US of A, you're definitely entitled to continue to talk out of your ass. Just sayin'...

Ya know your opinion might carry more weight if you actually had any experience with the TDI line. Since we enjoy the freedom of speech here in the good ole' US of A, you're definitely entitled to continue to talk out of your ass. Just sayin'...

I bought one in April, 2010. Used it extensively in Greaterville and at Rich Hill for a couple of months. I was NOT impressed. I let a few of my friends use it - They were not impressed. Sold it about four-months ago. Jaded Minelab owner? Probably. If I had no experience with the machine, why would I comment? Who is talkin' out what now my friend? Let's have a beer, and I'll tell you bout two of my ex-wives. If I decide I like you, I'll tell you about my third and fourth!

I bought one in April, 2010. Used it extensively in Greaterville and at Rich Hill for a couple of months. I was NOT impressed. I let a few of my friends use it - They were not impressed. Sold it about four-months ago.

Hmmmm... that's odd. I looked at several posts going back to 2010 from people wanting more info on the TDI line. There's plenty of posts from many others relating their experiences, but not one single post from you ever relating your experiences (good or bad) on that product. See'ins how you're not afraid to exuberate your opinion on this forum, I would of thought for sure you'd have had something to say. :hmmmmm:

Hmmmm... that's odd. I looked at several posts going back to 2010 from people wanting more info on the TDI line. There's plenty of posts from many others relating their experiences, but not one single post from you ever relating your experiences (good or bad) on that product. See'ins how you're not afraid to exuberate your opinion on this forum, I would of thought for sure you'd have had something to say. :hmmmmm:

So based on that you are calling me a liar. Taking a page from your book sir, why would I say anything before knowing what I was talking about? You have continuously made judgements about ME - personal judgements, that you have no basis or experience in making - as you never met me and don't know me - what I do, know, or don't know. I've been relatively patient with you greenhorn. Calling me a liar is over the line for real prospectors - much less a new meat like you. Come back when you grow up sonny, and take off that stupid dude outfit!

:thumbsupanim Go get 'em Terry! This Cheekako is a ringer if have ever seen one.

We all are entitled to our opinion and while some of us are not the most PC I must agree 100% with your assessment of the TDI. Owned it, sold it, and hunted many hours with the fellow I sold it to. He sold it because he could find twice the gold with my old 2100. Then he bought my 2100. So in both yours and my experience the TDI is not the caliber of machine that is commonly used in the gold fields. Could it have been the operator? SURE! But if the operator finds more gold with another machine that operator is going to replace the TDI.

It definitely would not pick up small targets like the 2100, and nowhere near as small as the GBII. It was smooth but silent over many of the targets that were found with the 2100 at moderate depth. It was better on interfereance than the 2100 but still with all the dweedledeedledee in the headphones the 2100 would just plain KILL on a patch where the TDI right next to me was missing them by the ounce.

My humble opinion from the vantage of several hundred hours of expereince was that the TDI did not stack up. I like the Whites machines and they have always been my favorite. But my old Whites GM2 will outperform the TDI in any placer that I am familiar with. The TDI is built much better all the way around than the Minelab, and uses much better components. The TDI is American made and backed by one of the best detector companies in the business. But as far as function goes I could not make it perform as well as my first gold machine (the Gold Master 2) that cost me ZERO.

I bought one in April, 2010. Used it extensively in Greaterville and at Rich Hill for a couple of months. I was NOT impressed. I let a few of my friends use it - They were not impressed. Sold it about four-months ago.

We all are entitled to our opinion and while some of us are not the most PC I must agree 100% with your assessment of the TDI. Owned it, sold it, and hunted many hours with the fellow I sold it to.

Come’on guys... help this greenhorn out will ya. The whites TDI has been out for what, almost three years now?

So both of you (who have been on this board and others for several years now) are saying you have owned, used, and have extensive experience with the TDI product. If that’s the case, then how come there’s not a single post or thread (until now) by either of you relating that experience? Especially given that both of you have the propensity and gregariousness for offering your opinions and expertise on such a wide variety of subject matter.

Lord knows there has been plenty of questions asked about the TDI detector line, and there have been many helpful posts and threads (Reg, Digger Bob, Jim Straight) responding to those questions, but not a single peep (until just recently) from either of you... so what’s up with that guys? :shrug:

Come’on guys... help this greenhorn out will ya. The whites TDI has been out for what, almost three years now?

So both of you (who have been on this board and others for several years now) are saying you have owned, used, and have extensive experience with the TDI product. If that’s the case, then how come there’s not a single post or thread (until now) by either of you relating that experience? Especially given that both of you have the propensity and gregariousness for offering your opinions and expertise on such a wide variety of subject matter.

Lord knows there has been plenty of questions asked about the TDI detector line, and there have been many helpful posts and threads (Reg, Digger Bob, Jim Straight) responding to those questions, but not a single peep (until just recently) from either of you... so what’s up with that guys? :shrug:

Not much to say about it I guess. It was not an eventful development in my life. There has been very few discussions on the TDI here and I suppose that I have felt that the material has been well covered. Either that or the subject made me sleepy.

Your confusion as to why I have made very few posts on the TDI is just not that important to me after you have been so gleefully insulting. So I suppose that you are just going to have to live with the doubt that comes with my silence on the TDI. You own one, so go out and get some experience and write your own memoirs on the TDI.

I owned a couple of Jeeps and a Tarus pistol that do not get much comment either. Ponder that while staring down the empty highway.

I gave my opinion on the TDI and it is what it is. You can accept my opinion for what it is worth or you can ignore it. The choice is all yours Magpie.

I gave my opinion on the TDI and it is what it is. You can accept my opinion for what it is worth or you can ignore it. The choice is all yours Magpie.

Oh... you must mean this "opinion". I'm sure you remember posting this... right Bob?

"I like the TDI. A buddy of mine has one. It, nor any of the other PI's are very good at getting the really tiny pieces, and that is what there is most of here. For big, deep gold a PI is great. If I lived in Arizona or California I certainly could utilize a high end machine. But it just does not make sense for me.".

I'll will say this... you guys that like to talk out of your ass sure do make for some good entertainment. :lol:

Oh... you must mean this "opinion". I'm sure you remember posting this... right Bob? "I like the TDI. A buddy of mine has one. It, nor any of the other PI's are very good at getting the really tiny pieces, and that is what there is most of here. For big, deep gold a PI is great. If I lived in Arizona or California I certainly could utilize a high end machine. But it just does not make sense for me.". I'll will say this... you guys that like to talk out of your ass sure do make for some good entertainment. :lol:

So sit on the silent highway and ponder how that conflicts with anything else I have posted. When you figure it out get back to me.

If you read it in the context it was written you may just learn something. Or we can play silly forum fight games if you like.

FROM THE MODERATOR-----Now is the time to play nice and not use inappropriate words or get personal. If someone or their words are bothering you then find some other topic to talk about. Life is too short to get upset about a metal detector. thank you Jerry