Nugget Shooter Forums

Would you nugget hunt here?

I am wondering if anyone can tell me if this area would be a potentially promising place to nugget hunt. There is an area of about 6 square miles of land on and around a dormant cinder cone that is covered with this exact same type of soil/quartz mixture. The whole area is made up of what I believe to be decomposed granite and schist; plus all the quartz. There are hundreds of granite outcroppings with large veins of this quartz running through them. Is this the type of quartz and rock mixture that could potentially yield gold? What makes these quartz rocks have these black spiderweb-like lines in them? Thanks.

2579548160104764247S600x600Q85.jpg

2014965390104764247S600x600Q85.jpg

Man O Man, What this old fart would give for a place to speck like that, On my morning. 50' trip to the mail box here in TX, I give ever rock & pebble a good examination. What is that old saying the experience gold hunters always say? Gold is where you find it.There is no way in hell that there is any gold that I have a chance to find around here, BUT, Gold is where you find it.

There is a area here that has the same quarts with black webs running through it. I am no rock hound, but it looks cool as hell. Some of the quarts is very rusty stained looking. I have detected there a few times and never found anything except bullets

Do you know if this is in an existing gold district? Division of Mines and Geology puts out a book of them and it is a handy reference.

El Dorado, I am not sure if that specific area is in a gold district or not, but I do know it is in an area where there are numerous abandoned copper, silver, gold, and zinc mines. I will look right now for the book from the DMG because that is definitely something I would like to have.

The reason I say this is because if gold has previously been found there, it would be good to detect and sample. The presence of quartz is not always an indicator......Red stained quartz is a good sign as it indicates iron, which in a combination with quartz is a good indicator.

Looks like a good area to me. Lots of exposed quartz. I've always detected these areas, but they're always in known gold regions.

If gold has been found in that area then detect it.