Nugget Shooter Forums

Building a drywasher , using a lawnmower..

yuccagold

Hello, Bill here with an idea for a drywasher using a lawnmower as bait.....Remove bag, and blades of course...screw your rough material shoot on to lawnmower handle. using the cross bar in middle as anchore point, next attach riffle tray to rough shoot ,< support riffle tray end with small chain attached up to handle of lawnmower....last but not least will need a pulley and belt ran to riffle tray fromunda the mower.. I have not built this yet , not sure if piping the exhaust from this gas powered mower would be enough to blow dust through it any ideas would be appreciated maybe a double pulley system to push some kind of fan Thanks yuccagold aka Bill :head: WHITES GOLDMASTER 4/b :head:

Consider a Rototiller! LOL! it would be much easier to pick up the Bellows power from a side shaft engine.

Self Propelled!

Could Break up the Ground for Ya!

And just Piss off the Greeenies!

LOL!

OK! My Paint skill suck!

post-21985-0-78139700-1313175136_thumb.j

I can tell you from my small engine days that if you remove the blade from a lawn mower it will try to break your arm when you try to start it and will not run after it fires. The blade acts like the flywheel and damper on a car engine. Without the resistance provided by the blade, the engine immediately over revs over-riding the starting clutch and yanking on your hand and then dies. One of the first lawn mowers I rebuilt taught me this lesson. I was so excited to start it I didn't bother with the blade. I probably took years off of my shoulder trying to figure out what was wrong. In the end all I had to do was put the blade back on.

I can tell you from my small engine days that if you remove the blade from a lawn mower it will try to break your arm when you try to start it and will not run after it fires. The blade acts like the flywheel and damper on a car engine. Without the resistance provided by the blade, the engine immediately over revs over-riding the starting clutch and yanking on your hand and then dies. One of the first lawn mowers I rebuilt taught me this lesson. I was so excited to start it I didn't bother with the blade. I probably took years off of my shoulder trying to figure out what was wrong. In the end all I had to do was put the blade back on.

:lol: