Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold Price

grubstake

I am approaching that provable, Over the hill & need to sell some gold, Hard to sell here in TX.

Called a refiner, was told he would pay 98% of spot but not sure what I could expect to receive after melt. Some of you Guys have been down that road before, Could you advise?

Picked out the Small stuff but still Some nice gold, hate to melt it but Gracie would have a hard time selling it.

Thanks a Bunch,,,, chuck

post-873-0-84444100-1312822776_thumb.jpg

Chuck you said he pays 98% of spot, but not sure about the melt and also is he going to clock you with any other charges like assay etc. ???? I'm curious I have some Arizona nuggets to sell and might want to use your guy .

I am approaching that provable, Over the hill & need to sell some gold, Hard to sell here in TX.

Called a refiner, was told he would pay 98% of spot but not sure what I could expect to receive after melt. Some of you Guys have been down that road before, Could you advise?

Picked out the Small stuff but still Some nice gold, hate to melt it but Gracie would have a hard time selling it.

Thanks a Bunch,,,, chuck

Chuck,

Nuggets like those will usually bring a little over spot when sold individually on eBay. Give them an acid bath to improve their appearance, and then take good, closeup pictures of them in natural sunlight with a small ruler next to them. List them on a 1-day auction at spot, then watch them sit all day with no bids until the last 30 seconds. The last-second sniping will likely put them over spot, even with their base metal impurities. Have the listings end on Saturday and/or Sunday evening.

The premium above spot should just about cover the listing fees, netting you spot. Try it with a few this weekend and see.

Rick

Have a little over 2oz of junk gold (under dwt size) dang near getting tempting, but don't have anything I have to have right at this moment, so I guess I'll sit on it and ride the rollercoaster ;-)

Shep

Hell, Guys, put out a little energy, send good pendant nugs to el Dorado and have him put on rabbit ears, get some decent chain and market them as jewelry...You'll be talking at least double spot but you may have to get ingenious ... I've done it for years and back in the late '70's and early '80's was selling those jewelry nuggets for what spot is now ... Cheers, yer Unc in the Dubyah

Chuck you said he pays 98% of spot, but not sure about the melt and also is he going to clock you with any other charges like assay etc. ???? I'm curious I have some Arizona nuggets to sell and might want to use your guy .

Melt(is a crappy thought) them is the last thing I would concerned, They are like old best friends, they have helped us enjoy our old age beyond our dreams. If I decided to use a refiner I will let you know. chuck

Chuck,

Nuggets like those will usually bring a little over spot when sold individually on eBay. Give them an acid bath to improve their appearance, and then take good, closeup pictures of them in natural sunlight with a small ruler next to them. List them on a 1-day auction at spot, then watch them sit all day with no bids until the last 30 seconds. The last-second sniping will likely put them over spot, even with their base metal impurities. Have the listings end on Saturday and/or Sunday evening.

The premium above spot should just about cover the listing fees, netting you spot. Try it with a few this weekend and see.

Rick

Rick, I have sold some large nuggets on Ebay in years back, but old age has got me so dam squrley I hate to go threw that crap again. But it mite come to that. Thanks

Have a little over 2oz of junk gold (under dwt size) dang near getting tempting, but don't have anything I have to have right at this moment, so I guess I'll sit on it and ride the rollercoaster ;-)

Shep

Shep, There is nothing I need,& would like to sit on it, but time is growing short & my family will need the $,s

Hell, Guys, put out a little energy, send good pendant nugs to el Dorado and have him put on rabbit ears, get some decent chain and market them as jewelry...You'll be talking at least double spot but you may have to get ingenious ... I've done it for years and back in the late '70's and early '80's was selling those jewelry nuggets for what spot is now ... Cheers, yer Unc in the Dubyah

Uncle Ron, I had no trouble selling gold at the gold & rock shows and at my camp in the desert, but here in TX. gold nuggets are hard to sell.

John made me some hangers there in Quartzite AZ. that sold good at the Pow Wow in Qsite.

I have never been this old before and every thing seams to be harder the older I get. ( Well most things)

post-873-0-80032600-1312892203_thumb.jpg

post-873-0-13561900-1312892251_thumb.jpg

post-873-0-04416300-1312892389_thumb.jpg

How much can you expect to receive from an ounce of gold after melt? Thanks

No refining fee, no assaying fee, a flat 98% of spot on content, depends on what your purity is running, I'v had some come back as high as 92% and others in the mid 80's. After they recieve it you can let it go and get a check back on when they refine it or call in and lock in the price, or you can bannk it and pull it out later in hope's that it will go higher.

A good company to deal with.

Allen in MT

:*&$*(: ALL US REFINERS ,JEWELERS,GOLD BUYERS AND HOCK SHOPS MUST NOW REPORT TO IRS ANYTHING OVER $500(WAS--STILL?) SO POP OFF ANOTHER 1/3 FOR NOT SELLING PRIVATELY---John

Use this!

http://www.dendritics.com/scales/metal-calc.asp

Times 98% is what I would Expect.

Don't know about the Reporting thing.

If they don't issue a 1099 then I wouldn't worry about it.

If the do, you just off set it with your cost to find it.

Send in Smaller lots!

• 2 weeks later...