Nugget Shooter Forums

Minelab GPX 5000 Pinout Diagrams Here !!!

Just Passing along info to anyone needing the wiring pinouts to the Minelab GPX 5000 Battery and Cable.

Dave

post-1046-0-06271800-1312580861_thumb.jp

post-1046-0-42639200-1312580884_thumb.jp

Dave wouldn't that info also apply to all the GPX batt's???? Also is there any problem or

danger when testing the volts with a omn meter??? I have a lot of challengers and electricity

is one of them....thanks

Garimpo,

Yes also applies to all GPX batterys as they are 5 pin. There is no danger testing just DC voltage with your meter, besides the normal do not short :yikes: , hehe...

Dave

Hello All,

Pin 5 is a functioning pin at the battery but not the power cord to the detector . Pin 5 is the power coming in from your charge cord to the charging circuit inside the battery .

Another ? from a batt. dummy to you batt. guru's....was it on here that someone said that a

GPX batt. can be re-built? Might be better than spending $500.00+....

Hello Garimpo,

I would say yes , if you can find the same size cells that are used they could be repaired at a fraction of the cost . Its been a while since I had it open so can't recall the cell size (CRS) but I think it was 3 cells make up the total .