Nugget Shooter Forums

Come on Fall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well this darn heat is getting boring and I have cabin fever :angry-smiley-010[1]: Even lost a couple chickens this year and that is unusual, plus we do not use AC (or have it) just a swamp cooler and with all the humidity it is not below 90 in the house except at night. Me and the wife just refuse (really can't afford) to pay 400.00 or more a month just to cool our house and the swamper really works good when it is dry.

When I was younger it was nothing to get out this time of year for a hunt until noon or so, but getting me to do that at 55 in this heat is not easy :arrowheadsmiley:

The fall season is just a few weeks away and the temps will again begin to creep down as gold creeps up toward 2000.00 an ounce.

Who would have thought?

Heck with gold at these prices there are MANY club claims that will yield 100.00 or more for a days digging.

Dang I am itching to get back to the hunt..... OK I am done sniveling now :D

Bill, when you get those high humidity days, try turning off the water supply to the swamp cooler for a few hours at a time. Keeps the mugginess in the house down quite a bit. Or freeze solid a couple of 2 liter bottles of water and drop them in the bottom of the pan. That works well, too.

No kidding Bill. Here we are all disgusted and want this summer to be over as soon as possible. It was a complete bust. It was a long winter and we were all anxious for the spring but we discovered that mother nature had a few bizarre things in store for us. We have set every BAD record in history this year.

At least they have opened the forest and public land. I live surrounded by thousands of square miles of forest but it has been off limits until recently. What was paradise had become a prison due to the extremely bizzare weather. Now it is raining every day (thank GOD!) but that makes it almost impossible to get around in the slick mud after six months without a single drop of moisture.

Come on fall!

Fall is the season I always look forward to the most.

We have our State fair start on Labor day weekend, and it's right here in my little farming town. FAIR FOOD!

Fishing begins to pick up, and the really big Bows, and Browns come on the bite in the Snake river! Time to gas up the jet boat!

NFL football begins. The pennant races heat up!

HUNTING SEASON BEGINS!

I get to take the Benelli out for opening of dove season. I'll make a lot of noise, kill a few unlucky doves, and tune up for the waterfowl hunts later on!

Of course, ALL the best holidays are just ahead!

Yeah! I'd trade all the rest for fall.

Hey Bill,

You guys have mountains in AZ. Depending on how high, the mountains in Colorado are 15-30 degrees cooler. If you have mountains in gold country in which you do. Find some 4X4 roads and travel up there. If you don't find any gold, at least you will cool off. Take a picnic basket, and enjoy GOD's beautiful living room.

Everything in life has it's good and bad points I always say. Seek out those good points and capitalize on them and enjoy!

Jim

Wow Bill you are out of your mind. I feel for you. Our ac just went out and to fix it doesn't look good until next year. We already had a ac window unit so I put another window unit in and it's keeping us cool. Like all of you another month can't come fast enough.

Hey Bill & All ... I just now got home from the first hunt in the LSD area I've had in well over a month...Watched the first half of JP's video on the GPX-4500 yesterday and got all fired up, so I headed out around 8AM today and got a little over two hours in before it felt like I was hunting in front of a blow torch ... But it was under 100 before 11:00 and it felt good to be out again, digging bullets and rust ... :rolleyes: .. Bill, last year when our a.c. went down, we bought a very good and economical 1 - 2 room portable a.c. from Home Depot ... It was about $400 or so on sale and is very economical to run ... It really works good ... You might check it out ... Cheers, Unc

I'm older than you Bill an I can still get out there an hunt in this summer heat.I will say it gets tougher every year thou. Its out where you want to be by 4:45 am then you can hunt till ya can't take it anymore.

Yeah I know Frank, but after working in it all week I just don't have the drive to get back out in it to play on weekends when it is broiling hot anymore :inocent:

Hey Bill,

You guys have mountains in AZ. Depending on how high, the mountains in Colorado are 15-30 degrees cooler. If you have mountains in gold country in which you do. Find some 4X4 roads and travel up there. If you don't find any gold, at least you will cool off. Take a picnic basket, and enjoy GOD's beautiful living room.

Everything in life has it's good and bad points I always say. Seek out those good points and capitalize on them and enjoy!

Jim

Yes I need to do that.....

Bill- I live in Mesa Az. You are SOOOO Right It is way too hot !!!! I put a thermometer under the water coming out of the faucet, it was 90 degreesmad0229[1].gif. I just went out and looked at how hot it was. It 's 5:30 am and the temp is 86 degrees. I found a product at the Walgreen Pharmacy called Thermo-tabs $12 a bottle that will let you safely get out in this weather and live to tell about it. They keep it behind the counter as it is a popular theft item. I wear a long sleeve shirt , a broad rim hat and I can go all day in 110 degree heat. (I'm 60 years young)banged.gif. Of coarse you do need to drink lots of liquids. Dave

Dang, I was up at the cabin the other day and when I got out of bed I thought I was going to have to turn the heater on as it was about 45, had a bowl of Lucky Charms and went to move alot of dirt and only found one pin head sized piece (so much for the Lucky Charms) and was sweating so bad I had to quit as it got to 85, but I guess I won't complain as I got some good exercise, fresh air and it wasn't 105 like you guys have

Allen

Well hell's-bells Jr. it was only a couple of months ago you were whining wanting summer

to hurry up and get there....now it's the heat....what's next??? Your only happy when

dodging bullets and riding your hard tail....

What's AC and swamp coolers??? Don't have no stinking AC here and the only thing that cools

the swamps is the breeze off the wings of the mosquito's that cast a shadow on the ground...

Old people don't get out before 0800 cause they have to wait until the granola and prune

juice to kicks in...you youngsters ought to take a hint from us "seasoned" beepers and

be beeping by 0700 after a hour and a half drive...then head for the house by 1100 and

use only the natural AC by rolling down the P/U windows so the refrigerated air don't

stroke you out....

Autumn...spring....summer...fall...winter???? Don't have that nonsense here either...just

good temps and cold beer year round....

Meet ya at the airport with one in each hand!!!!!

Yikes I did have to turn the furnace on last week in the 40 mi. it was cold, not to warm here either, last nite about 50 and drizzling for a while and i know I couldn't take that heat LOL Geo :olddude:

Hey Bill and all I have'nt been out for the last couple of months do to the AZ furnace wacko.gif I use to hunt in this heat all the time but the gold just is'nt worth it to me to bake my brains out any more--As far as being cooler on top of the mountains here-I get sun burnt worse on them then beepin on the flat lands and its just as hot on top if your in the sun blink.gif I've been waiting for the monsoons to really kick in butttttttt confused0067[1].gif Mike C...ph34r2.gif

I'm older than you Bill an I can still get out there an hunt in this summer heat.I will say it gets tougher every year thou. Its out where you want to be by 4:45 am then you can hunt till ya can't take it anymore.

Hey Frank, glad to meet you, my name is Frank, I'm not sure what's worse, #1 trying to hunt in 120+ degree AZ. dessert heat, or, #2, trying to hunt in rugged, hilly, heavily forested w/thick undergrowth and tons of deadfall, 90+ degrees w/ 90% humidity in Northen Michigan? Oh, I forgot to mention the 2.4 billion mosquitoes, black flies, ticks, and horse flies! And like you, I'm still gonna hunt! Cause darn 1 Ya just gotta Hunt, right?

Bill- I live in Mesa Az. You are SOOOO Right It is way too hot !!!! I put a thermometer under the water coming out of the faucet, it was 90 degrees :*&$*(:. I just went out and looked at how hot it was. It 's 5:30 am and the temp is 86 degrees.

JUST THINK YOU SAVE ON WATER HEATING.

:thumbsupanim

Hey Bill

If you aren't on a water system and have your own well get yourself a car radiator and plumb it for your water hose in and out. Set it in your window and put a box fan on the inside next to radiator to suck in the air. you can use the outlet water to water the garden or lawn etc. It does a great job of cooling things off and works good. Might not look like uptown but the idea is to stay cool.

Allen in MT

Hey Bill

If you aren't on a water system and have your own well get yourself a car radiator and plumb it for your water hose in and out. Set it in your window and put a box fan on the inside next to radiator to suck in the air. you can use the outlet water to water the garden or lawn etc. It does a great job of cooling things off and works good. Might not look like uptown but the idea is to stay cool.

Allen in MT

Never have heard that one before, but sounds like it would work.....

12:30 PM and here in E. Idaho it's 76* at the house.

They've finally started turning the flow down on the Snake river, and a few nice Browns were on the prowl. Caught two!

One about 15", and one about 18" in an hour's time.

A lady on the Klamath called two nights ago and said the Klamath has hardly started to drop at all yet.

Guess I'll have to stick with fishing, if I can't get to the gold.