Nugget Shooter Forums

What About This One ???? New Find ??

Things are a bit slow this time of year so I thought I'd post this today.

Detecting some gold has been rather tough to come by but this turned up on one of my recent hunts.

I was wondering about this one that I bit in half the other day. Its kinda like the "Ol Timers" checkin fer gold way back then. They'd try to dent a piece by biting it.

I just couldn't control myself and bit right thru it.

Came out with a pretty smooth break if I say so myself

:baaasmiley:

I have to admit I used a new blade on it.

This may turn out to be a "cold :thumbsupanim find" or it may become paired :arrowheadsmiley: with another fall somewhere I don't know. But I posted to show an example of chondrite for newcommers

to examine and reference.

I did the best I could with my ol Sanyo camera it was on its last legs :olddude: recently and finally took a dump this week. Time for a new one.

These type stones are the most commonly found types of meteorite.

I sent part of this in to be analyzed and classified recently and probably won't find out till the fall sometime what I've got.

It was found in an area where there are no recorded finds and quite some distance from any other finds I am aware of.

But I have to admit it sure was fun detecting that day and comming up with this baby. :brows:

It has some beautiful details like the radiant flow lines and a rollover lip on the exterior.

I did not use any acid to clean the exterior. But I may in the future to get a good look at it.

After I sliced it you can make out the burnt fusion crust line completely around the perimeter at least thats what I believe I'm seeing and cleaning it more may bring it out to view.

The interior doesn't show many chondruls I have circled one in one of the photos.

But it sure has plenty of reflective nickel in it.

Well wish me luck I hope it turns out to be a new find.

ENJOY and Hapy Huntn Frank C.

post-562-0-84933700-1312494212_thumb.jpg

post-562-0-13604100-1312494313_thumb.jpg

post-562-0-52433500-1312494781_thumb.jpg

post-562-0-46850800-1312495144_thumb.jpg

post-562-0-84005200-1312495186_thumb.jpg

post-562-0-02920300-1312497360_thumb.jpg

Hi Frank

Does not get any better than that. Looks like it may have flow lines. Orientated possibly. Hope you cut it with that in mind. Congrats its a dandy

Wayne

Thanks Wayne , yeah its a dandy of a meteorite, I just wish I could find its mother or father but I'd settle for even some sisters or brothers or cousins, just havent located anymore of them yet.

Frank, looks good to me. Sure pretty with those flow lines and such. If you need help searching the area, let me know and I'll help you out.... :yuk-yuk: :ph34r2: Congrats on the 'new' find. Jason ;)

It's too bad you guys didn't see it in person like I did.

I don't have the knowledge or experience to appreciate it like others would.

But I do know, Frank is really excited about it. I'm sure hoping it turns out to be something spectacular. He deserves it.

Patrick.....

[

Hey Frank...you got a winner there! Where did you send it off to and did they ask for a think slice?

Jim

Looks like a new find to me.Way to go.I'll help you find more :thumbsupanim:ph34r2:shhh[1].gif

Hey Frank...you got a winner there! Where did you send it off to and did they ask for a think slice?

Jim

Jim I'm sending it in to a couple places just to see if these guys are like our doctors we go to, ya know like one dr. tells ya one thing and if ya go to another dr. he tells ya another, :inocent:

Shazam Frank!!! :whoope: Great coldie you have there! The flow lines are wonderful. You can't ask for better. Great Job finding it!!! Good luck finding more!! Maybe you're on the edge of a big field. Lets hope. Congratulations!!! Clifton

What a great looking meteorite! Let's face it, a lot of meteorites have a face only a hunter could love, but that one has cutes! Congratulations! There is no doubt about that one at all is there? The shape and those flow line say it all! You can just see it screaming in for a landing!

Yo Frank, you've got an awesome space rock there...Who did you send it to for testing? ... Looks like you may have a one of a kind ... Good job and congrats ... Cheers, Unc

Cool find Frank.... I think the martian found a new toy.... Congrats..

Dave

Things are a bit slow this time of year so I thought I'd post this today.

Detecting some gold has been rather tough to come by but this turned up on one of my recent hunts.

I was wondering about this one that I bit in half the other day. Its kinda like the "Ol Timers" checkin fer gold way back then. They'd try to dent a piece by biting it.

I just couldn't control myself and bit right thru it.

Came out with a pretty smooth break if I say so myself

:baaasmiley:

I have to admit I used a new blade on it.

This may turn out to be a "cold :thumbsupanim find" or it may become paired :arrowheadsmiley: with another fall somewhere I don't know. But I posted to show an example of chondrite for newcommers

to examine and reference.

I did the best I could with my ol Sanyo camera it was on its last legs :olddude: recently and finally took a dump this week. Time for a new one.

These type stones are the most commonly found types of meteorite.

I sent part of this in to be analyzed and classified recently and probably won't find out till the fall sometime what I've got.

It was found in an area where there are no recorded finds and quite some distance from any other finds I am aware of.

But I have to admit it sure was fun detecting that day and comming up with this baby. :brows:

It has some beautiful details like the radiant flow lines and a rollover lip on the exterior.

I did not use any acid to clean the exterior. But I may in the future to get a good look at it.

After I sliced it you can make out the burnt fusion crust line completely around the perimeter at least thats what I believe I'm seeing and cleaning it more may bring it out to view.

The interior doesn't show many chondruls I have circled one in one of the photos.

But it sure has plenty of reflective nickel in it.

That is sweet ass, absolutley awsome, ain't so cool when you go huntin, and find something soooo UNexpected?

Great find (hope its cold).Where did you send it to?