Nugget Shooter Forums

drywashing

balma

Hey everybody my name is Joseph Balma. I just started this yesterday. I have a question about my drywasher. I have a small vibra light small goldbuddy drywasher. I can't find anywhere that tell me how often to empty the riffle tray. I have seen people with a bigger drywasher then mine and they do not even go through that much material before they empty their riffle tray. On the other hand, I have seen people with the same size drywasher as mine just shoveling loads and loads of dirt through the drywasher without unloading the riffle tray for quite some time. So I have no clue how much stuff to put through my drywasher before emptying my riflle tray. I would really appreciate it if someone would tell me how much stuff I should put through the drywasher before I empty it. Thanks!

Hey everybody my name is Joseph Balma. I just started this yesterday. I have a question about my drywasher. I have a small vibra light small goldbuddy drywasher. I can't find anywhere that tell me how often to empty the riffle tray. I have seen people with a bigger drywasher then mine and they do not even go through that much material before they empty their riffle tray. On the other hand, I have seen people with the same size drywasher as mine just shoveling loads and loads of dirt through the drywasher without unloading the riffle tray for quite some time. So I have no clue how much stuff to put through my drywasher before emptying my riflle tray. I would really appreciate it if someone would tell me how much stuff I should put through the drywasher before I empty it. Thanks!

i have a keane 151 and so does a mate of mine , lately we have only managed to be getting very fine flour gold mostly and we find we seem to do better if we clean out the riffle tray about every half hour. i find it a good thing to see if one is still getting some gold and its a kind of mental boost to see a little colour. if your starting to go off the gold youll know after about 2 washes when it starts fading away. i have a small sluice i run the concentrates through so i see roughly what i get. layely i have been doing bad and fuel costs and keeping cool are making it not worth while for me. im hopeing to get out this week but i will be trying new areas, and hopefully i can get some chunkier gold.

The amount of black sands and gold predicate how soon to clean. As all mining equipment your experience level and confidence in your equipment runs the show. When the riffles are full for 2 minutes of run time after you stop shoveling is a pretty good general rule a thumb. When in doubt re-run to prove it to yourself and build that much needed confidence-John :thumbsupanim

• 5 weeks later...

Has anyone have any ideas on ways to build or buy a vibrator fan or otherwise for my dry washer. Gasoline powered air blower.

NOTE: I found a fan and vibrator on ebay Been searching for said items for some time and since I posted on this forum both items showed up on ebay.. Dont know how you guys did it but your great!! ha ha

Like John said "the amount of Black sand in your riffle"

I'll clean it out every 15-20 minutes if there is a lot of black sand.

If your new. You Want to Take Samples of each Run, Pan it out to see if it worth digging. If not move on. You Don't want to spend All day digging Worthless material.

Re; Vibrator Fan. You can buy it at almost any prospecting store. They might have to order it for you. It's a fan with a counter weight attached to it. Or where you thinking of running a 12 volt vibrator on you machine.

Jon

NOTE: I found a vibrator fan and 12volt vibrator on ebay Been searching for said items for some time and since I posted on this forum both items showed up on ebay.. Dont know how you guys did it but your great!! ha ha

(using fan on my dry washer and 12V vibrator on my highbanker)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello my name is brandon and iam from Yuma,AZ iam looking for sumone to go panning with or sumone just to point me in the right direction.Is panning the washes a good idea or is it a waste of time? What should i look for while looking for a good place to pan in the wash. thanks

Brandon, I'm on my way to Yuma for the winter. I prospect arouind the Gila City area. Send me a email and maybe we can get together this fall. I have had some luck in the Yuma area.

Rick-SAR