Nugget Shooter Forums

Absolutely, the Whites GMT for one, and some of the older Goldmaster series. I'm not familiar with the new Fisher Gold bug series but I see they have a digital readout and there is probably a provision for ground composition readouts. Go to their website and investigate the manuals they should familiarize you with the operational capabilities of the new model Gold Bug detectors.

My favorite for the purpose you asked about is the GMT its a snap to learn this machine.

This same question was posted on the AZO forum.... One of the replys was mine.

I will now add, Frank C. is correct about using the White's GMT for this. Also as Frank adds, some the gold masters

Also, Frank is also correct about the Gold Bug Pro... It has the ability to indicate the relative mineralization as expressed by the percentage of Fe3O4 measured in 'micro-ergs" as expressed as bars across the left side of the GB Pros screen.

This trick has been overlooked over the years. Nearly any VLF type VLF can have it's groundbalance off set to "follow the black sand". Some believe in it and successfully use it and put gold in their poke; others just say it is :*&$* :*&$*... :olddude: js

Absolutely, the Whites GMT for one, and some of the older Goldmaster series. I'm not familiar with the new Fisher Gold bug series but I see they have a digital readout and there is probably a provision for ground composition readouts. Go to their website and investigate the manuals they should familiarize you with the operational capabilities of the new model Gold Bug detectors.

My favorite for the purpose you asked about is the GMT its a snap to learn this machine.

Hi

I read a bit about the GMT capabilities but never owned it. I once wanted to buy one but i decided to go for a PI. Are VLF as efficient on black sand as for one to buy it mostly for black sand detecting? Is black sand worth such expenses?

A simple black sand detector is get one of those magnets on a pole that hardware stores sell. Now, put a baggie over the magnet and run it over

the stream bed.

Or,get a big magnet, cover ir with the baggie, and tie it onto some nylon cord & drag it over land, or the stream bed. I also use it for pulling nails and sharp metal objects out of my driveway.

It works!

Then agaim Glenn and i detected a spot where black sand was a foot deep. Solid black sand. My 2000 could pick up targets under the black sand. Glenns GMT just went nuts and could not pick up the targets