Nugget Shooter Forums

AB 129 SIGNED-DREDGING DEAD IN KALIF

Hoser John

:*&$*(: :angry-smiley-010[1]: PLEASE BE SURE TO THANK MOONBEAM,STOPHER,MC CRACKEN AND PLP FOR KILLING A INDUSTRY-f/m/ GOING RECLAIMANATING-John :*&$*(:

C Denny Run,

I think it's more a step forward, for the government, a step towards complete control.

Yesterday it dawned on me what EPA really stands for; Employment Prevention Agency.

C Denny Run,

I think it's more a step forward, for the government, a step towards complete control.

Yesterday it dawned on me what EPA really stands for; Employment Prevention Agency.

Isn't that the truth!!

Kalifornia is just dieing from 1000 self inflicted cuts from their own stupity. Wonder what their going to drink, eat or do for work ! DUMB A**'s ! !

wonderer

The politics in this State sure are tough to swallow, but I still love living here in the Motherlode! I know there will be many like Nocureforthefever...... the State is so broke I don't think it will be possible for them to enforce this ban as long as a bit of stealth reclamating is used. Just no in your face stuff!

It is a sad day when a stupid law forces good law abiding folks to become criminals!

I second that on what eldorado said. This just make law abiding citizens criminals is all.

Maybe this state will have deep cuts in DFG department. Then what? Not enough people to get poachers let along gold miners.

If this sticks i will make it my mission in life to keep DFG from raising water levels on the American River just for the purpose of rafters coming down everyday. I hear the water can go up to 6 feet a day in water level. This practice seems destructable IMO for the environment. i want a 5 year study to determine the damage caused by these flows.

i also want to make sure there is no dredging by the DFG for Salmon egg habitat i keep hearing they do every year to loosen up the gravel. This is the same practice I do using my dredge.

Fish and game did absolutely nothing for the gold miner period. Gold at an all time high? 1600 plus? Ya , its going to hard to enforce this IMO. They might as well got a permit fee and had regulations. If anybody is going to dredge anyway they sure wont care about the designated season to dredge let alone closed areas for dredging.

• 4 weeks later...

Obviously, the Governor has not done his homework. History tends to repeat itself.

It is a question whether the United States could have stood the shock of the great rebellion of 1861 had the California gold discovery not been made. Bankers and business men of New York in 1864 did not hesitate to admit that but for the gold of California, which monthly poured its five or six millions into the financial center, the bottom would have dropped out of everything. These timely arrivals so strengthened the nerves of trade and stimulated business as to enable the government to sell its bonds at a time when its credit was its life-blood and the main reliance by which to feed, clothe, and maintain its armies. Once our bonds went down to thirty-eight cents on the dollar. California gold averted a total collapse and enabled a preserved Union to come forth from the great conflict (McPhee, John: 1993).

Who in the government can we send our complaints about this to? The governor? Senate? Does anyone have email & mailing addresses. I feel like getting involved, at least to the point of giving somebody a piece of my mind.

Thanks.

Paul

All one has to do is look at the Great Seal of the once Golden State......HeII, if it were not for the gold in California, the Union could not have afforded the Civil War! That Gold Rush changed the country and now California Politicians have totally ruined our Heritage. At least many nuggets can still be legally recovered electronically.....

Jerico, hate to say this but you wanting to help now is a day late and a dollar short, but the fight was actually over long before the first battle.....

post-1252-0-31199100-1314324044_thumb.jp

Hey El dorado, yes the fight may be over but still is irritating to say the least. Maybe the next voting season people will finally wise up and vote these clowns out. Its not just dredging its the whole state`s issues here in Cali. , always penalizing the law abiding citizen but welcoming the worthless to come here who do nothing for society IMO.

First dredging and next MAYBE metal detecting. They dont want you out there period no matter what your doing. Just give them your wallet and they will give you what they feel you " NEED" to live on.

I here in Butte county the DFG is brutal towards gold miners period. People are getting harrassed by these guys and they are not dredging , just sluicing and power sluicing is all. I cant confirm this but this is what I here from fellow miners up there.

They do seem to forget Gold mining is what made this country and brought people from all over the world in hopes of striking it rich. Its just sad!

Jerry