Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bunk

Detector Help

Would anyone that is new to detecting be interested in little mini outings on Wednesdays at Lynx Creek? I would be glad to show up with some test nuggets and advice for the new folks if there was some interest. I am no expert but I do like to share what I have learned and I like to talk about prospecting in general. The weather is nice here in the Prescott area this time of year so it might be a nice break for the folks that live in the hotter country. Send me a PM or post here.

Bunk

Great idea Bunk. I'm sure you'll get some takers.I wish I had a chance like that when I started, I couldn't get advice without paying cash for it. Davethumbsupsmileyanim.gif

HELL-OV-AN-OFFER OF YOUR TIME.

Your'e a good man Charlie Brown. It will come back to you.

Generous offer Bunk, PM sent.

Rick

Hey Bunk

I had a great time today and learned a lot. After you left, I worked that rock outcropping and found another pile of bullets and fragments that was about the same size as the one that you saw. I even found a single pellet of (about) #7 birdshot 2 inches deep. The birdshot sounded about the same as that small nugget that you had on the poker chip. I'm confident now that my Sovereign will find gold, I just have to put the coil over gold instead of lead.

I detected for about another 2 hours after you left and then did some panning. Not only did I get skunked panning, but a darn crayfish found my ingrown toenail and just about sent me into orbit. Still, it's always a good day when I learn something new.

Rick

I just want to say that there are very few people in this world that are like Bunk! You are always helping out anyone that needs help or wants to learn about prospecting! When most wont give you the time of day, you are there to help out.

A true prospector and an incredible asset to us! Thank you!

Hi Rick, Glad I was able to help you out! If you can find bird shot, you can find a nugget. I was impressed with your machine being able to hear those small targets. When it cools off a bit we will try a little desert hunting.

YF, Thanks for the kind words! I do enjoy helping folks out.

Bunk