Nugget Shooter Forums

Tuolumne, Sullivan River nugget shooting

qcmac

I plan to Nugget Shoot in the Sullivan river area in a few weeks. (Also, Chili Gorge) Will I shot? How can I find out if there are claims on this river?

Thanks, I'm green.

Mac

Thanks, I'm green.///I'll forgive yah.

If you have Google Earth go to "goldmapsonline.com" for $15 bucks a state they have little sub routine that show you both open and closed claims.

They do not claim to be totaly accurate but it is a good place to start.

Gramps

That's a great start. Thanks, Mac

You should learn to use the BLM LR2000 system on there web site. There is everything you need to know

there about how to use it, but it will take a little effort on your part.If you just can't master it

on your own send me a PM and i'll try to help you. If you are going to prospect you REALLY NEED to

learn how to use it!

The blm LR2000 is almost totally worthless but you can get the township and quadrant you are thinking of prospecting at off of it and then with that information call the head office in Sacramento and they will give up to date claim information over the phone or they will send you zerox copies in the mail for a little fee.

The LR2000 system is the only way someone that is 100's or 1000's of miles away from any of the BLM offices

can get any useful information for a area they are interested in. True there may be some very new information

that is not posted on it yet, but just because you go to the BLM office will not guarantee that even they

will have it at that time. You always try to opperate with the newest and best information you can. The LR2000

system can and will save you a lot of time and effort and trouble if you use it right.

This is greatly appreciated. Thank you all. I've been lurking for a couple of weeks trying to get familiar with the "Shooters Culure". This is a great site. Joining was a good move for a greenie.

I hope for more opinions, Links, and advice on this topic.

Mac

xt18000 is right, I should'nt have said the site is almost worthless. There is alot of very good information on the LR2000 site and it is a good resource to have, I use it alot. The problem I ran into last year though was that it listed a few old mines along the section of river I wanted to prospect but said they were all either abandoned or closed. This was great news to me thinking I had a chance to stake a claim. Unfortunatley this information caused me to have a "chat" one day with a claim owner while I was unknowingly panning his claim. Confused, I called the head blm office in Sacramento and found out that there were actually mining claims on ever section of the river and all were uptodate on their yearly payments and operational. I would say this aspect of the LR2000 website is broke and it is better to check with the main office in Sacramento to get mining claim information.

WRONG AND WRONG AGAIN. Just call the BLM office community room and get a printout for 10 cent a page shipped directly to you in a couple a days. Pick a section or whatever and instant best ya can get info as Lr2000 is 'purt near useless. See a claim ?? Copy down any/all info as you can also use it to find by claim name,claimant name,location general or absolute--ez 2 do and no driving,heat,gas or bs-John :miner:

That souncs easy enough. Thank you.

WRONG AND WRONG AGAIN. Just call the BLM office community room and get a printout for 10 cent a page shipped directly to you in a couple a days. Pick a section or whatever and instant best ya can get info as Lr2000 is 'purt near useless. See a claim ?? Copy down any/all info as you can also use it to find by claim name,claimant name,location general or absolute--ez 2 do and no driving,heat,gas or bs-John :miner:

John, What makes you think the LR2000 system is "purt near usless"? If you take the time to learn how to use it

you can find out anything about a mining claim and that information is as current as the previous workday and a

lot more user friendly than some snot nose in some office that would'ed go out of there way to give you the time

of day! People keep putting that system down but they never say what the problem is. What has been your problem

with it? The BLM even states on ther introduction page for the LR2000 system that " the LR2000 is NOT SIMPLE but

it is very powerful. Maybe thats the problem "its not simple". I cussed it when I first started useing it but

after I took the time to learn how to use it I found it to be a very good system that can provide me with more

information than I really need. Tell me the truth John have you really leared how to use it?

I agree with John on finding current mining information by just calling the main office. The LR2000 current mining information was not current at least not when I used it last year. I guess it could be better now, I haven't checked recently.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with John on finding current mining information by just calling the main office. The LR2000 current mining information was not current at least not when I used it last year. I guess it could be better now, I haven't checked recently.

Thanks for the help guys.

I am on track now.

I have gotten the web sites up and have contacted BLM.

Mine cache is good, but doesn't tell you much.

The green is still shining but I should add some gold (or dirt) to cover it soon.

Mac