Nugget Shooter Forums

Prospecting Nor. Cal.

christopher

I was wondering if there was anyone out there that pans in clear creek, near Redding,CA. If so i wanted to try the clear creek below Whiskey town lake. I'm not sure if the lake effects the gold being that the creek runs into the lake then comes out the other end at a darn. If you have been in the area let me know so that maybe we can get together and do some prospecting sluicing/panning/detecting. If not below the lake i would be glad to go above the creek but have no idea where to start. I have only been prospecting 2 times and could use some help and any advice. i know all the rules and what to do before i go out prospecting, i just need advice on finding a good area, and any other advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

GO TO JAIL-DO NOT PASS GO-COSTS MORE THAN $200- whiskey to placer street bridge is 100% private and yes the ol'rancher does shoot. From there down past cattle canyon bridge and throughout the horsetown preserve you can do NOTHING. Around the observation deck is a tiny open area. Go to BLM office(hemstead( off Cypress and get maps and info. Lots of trouble area--John :twocents: after you leave the whiskeytown properties-permit required,$5 A DAY) and NO TOOLS,SIEVES,TWEEZERS,BLASTERS bs) THEN YOU'LL BE ON MY CLAIMS. EVERY SQUARE INCH UNDER CLAIM SO JUST TURN AROUND AND BY :eee:

I'm not trying to make money at this, i would just like to take my sons down somewhere and catch a few flakes in our pans, without braking the law somehow. I could drive too the feather river but that area is so confusing.. after tons of research and getting maps, i still managed to jump a claim. I was lucky the guy was nice and let me pan on his claim. I guess im gunna just join one of these gold panning clubs, i didnt want to do this because i just wanna go out maybe 3 times a year. Well thanks for the info and advice that's why i post and do a lot of research before i do anything, you miners seem like angry people.. :(

Christopher--The best way to stay off of others claims is by joining a club. Work the club claims, where you can get some guidance and Friendly Miners that will show you where it's safe to pan. So many claim owners don't have the time or inclination to educate 2-3 people a month they catch on their claims. Your sons will also find kids their age in the club that know what to do. confused0085[1].gif Keep panning and the flakes will show up. Another great way to perfect your technique is buy a Paydirt bag and pan it over and over into a tub until your speed and technique keep the gold in the pan. Dave

EZ to do in 10000000000000000000000000000 places up here. Simply go north past lakehead and all along the sacramento river is millions of open areas. McCardle flats and dog creek(1st road/creek on the right is the open area) same exit offa I-5. Slate creek 2 miles up off at lamoine exit. Eagle roost road next exit up,hang a left 100' to road to river with crapper,benches and such. Up about 6 miles cross river by Castle craigs to a righteous gold producer and on and on and on----John

Christopher, I live in Redding, Ca. I do not belong to many clubs as I have been detecting for almost 30 years and tent to travel alone. We have one very good club that I would suggest. Nor-Cal Prospectors. The next meeting is August 4th at 1900 hours. The meeting will be held in the Moose Lodge that is located on Lake Blvd just north of the AM/PM Gas Mart. This is a family oriented club and there are lots of other kids in the club. A few of the members have some pretty nice areas under claim and make them available to club members. There is no cost/fee to join. Hope this helps, TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

for some reason i didnt think of the sac. river at all. Because here it's a big river with no bedrock, ill head up there and check it out.