Nugget Shooter Forums

Sometimes the most common rocks are the best. This one is one of my favorite rocks. There is not another one like it in the world. Once upon a time I met a lady at a waterfall. She gave me her lithograph. Not too many girls are willing to put it in stone on the first date.

She is still a rock.

Sometimes the most common rocks are the best. This one is one of my favorite rocks. There is not another one like it in the world. Once upon a time I met a lady at a waterfall. She gave me her lithograph. Not too many girls are willing to put it in stone on the first date.

She is still a rock.

Hey man! Was this an actual gift from someone, or did you just find it?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man! Was this an actual gift from someone, or did you just find it?

I didn't see your question! Sorry.

Yes, it was a gift from a lady I met at a waterfall. She is now a very successful artist.

I came upon her in the nude while hiking. She was as pretty and natural as you could imagine a woman being and not a bit ashamed. In conversation she told me she was an artist. I asked what medium she worked in. She replied, "Right now I am into lithography. I will give you a self portrait!" She whipped out a magic marker from her backpack and drew her self portrait on a stone.

We have been friends for 30 years. That rock is one of my favorites.

I collect rocks but for completely different reasons as most people. Mine generally are natural sculptures, odd crap (sometimes literally), rocks that look like Elvis... Take for instance these recent finds. An eyeball and another petrified ass hole. I have found petrified ass holes all my life and have quite a collection. I have found some very rich deposits. There are often some fine specimens here on Nuggetshooter!

I see you are into very old rocks! Now there is a breath of fresh air. I have only heard a couple of sentences on another thread about that. Why would there be a market for super old rocks? Collectors? Science?

I didn't see your question! Sorry.

Yes, it was a gift from a lady I met at a waterfall. She is now a very successful artist.

I came upon her in the nude while hiking. She was as pretty and natural as you could imagine a woman being and not a bit ashamed. In conversation she told me she was an artist. I asked what medium she worked in. She replied, "Right now I am into lithography. I will give you a self portrait!" She whipped out a magic marker from her backpack and drew her self portrait on a stone.

We have been friends for 30 years. That rock is one of my favorites.

I collect rocks but for completely different reasons as most people. Mine generally are natural sculptures, odd crap (sometimes literally), rocks that look like Elvis... Take for instance these recent finds. An eyeball and another petrified ass hole. I have found petrified ass holes all my life and have quite a collection. I have found some very rich deposits. There are often some fine specimens here on Nuggetshooter!

I see you are into very old rocks! Now there is a breath of fresh air. I have only heard a couple of sentences on another thread about that. Why would there be a market for super old rocks? Collectors? Science?

Why would there be a market for super old rocks? There isn't really. They only have geologic scientific value and some do look really cool. The oldest earth born rocks a man can find and recover are various schists, and gneisses, (metamorphic rocks),concidering there are entire mntn. ranges composed of these rock types, I could never recover my costs + my time spent gathering the few specimens I have, only the meteorites I find have value enough to recover costs and make a little profit, and Manistique, yer in the U.P., thats at least a 6+ hr. drive for me.I live bout 20 miles from the Ohio border, on the Huron River about 6 miles from where it dumps into Lake Erie But ya Bob, your "asshole&eyeball" natural sculptures are totaly cool, all rocks are cool, cept the one that, that gravel hauler tire tread flung up and cracked my windshield last yr, that rock was not cool. Oh, and a really cool story on the "magic sex stone", it's rare to be able to keep friends fer 30yrs. Thanx fer answering back and yer Q's and Happy, Good Luck huntin to ya. Frank.