Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mmalaguitarra

Tesoro Bandito ll

mmalaguitarra,

I doubt you will get any answers as this is not a gold machine & it is a older machine....If you get your coil over a big enough nugget you will get a responce, but the small gold won't be detected with that machine.(which means you will miss alot)

Tesoro makes the Super LOBO for gold & it can handle mineralization better + it will get smaller gold(it has the frequency for it & the right coil).

A specilized gold machine is what you need, if you want depth go PI Minelab but be ready to dig 3 foot holes (& lots of trash),a few VLF specilized machines Super LOBO, Gold Bug (II/or Pro), GMT or GMZ just to name a few are the newest........Older gold machines Goldbug, GM4b, LOBO & older Minelab PI MDers still work well for people on a budget.

A tool or machine designed for the task always works better.

wonderer

Thanks for you GREAT RESPONSE I will follow your advise.

Best

Good Luck............Stay away from the do everything machines (coin-relic-gold & ID machines(they only guess on targets)), they never are as good & sensitive as the specialized MDer for gold. :cigar:

The other advice is dig ALL targets ! or you miss gold. (my two cents)

wonderer

When the Bandido first came out, I tried it for detecting gold and was reasonably successful. No, it won't compete with the gold detectors but it will find gold. The problem is, the detector is very sensitive to hotrocks and they can cause the detector to ignore even large gold if the detector isn't adjusted correctly.

So, if you plan on using this detector, please practice to see what happens. Always use the all metal mode to avoid missing even more gold.

Good luck,

Reg

When the Bandido first came out, I tried it for detecting gold and was reasonably successful. No, it won't compete with the gold detectors but it will find gold. The problem is, the detector is very sensitive to hotrocks and they can cause the detector to ignore even large gold if the detector isn't adjusted correctly.

So, if you plan on using this detector, please practice to see what happens. Always use the all metal mode to avoid missing even more gold.

Good luck,

Reg

I had one as well that I played with at LSD and did manage a couple nuggets with it.... But like Reg said it has a hard time with hot rocks and highly mineralized soils.

Wonderer gave great advice. If you want to hunt nuggets then you really should look for one of the newer detectors made for that purpose. There are a lot of coin detectors that will find gold if that gold is big enough and close enough to the surface, but most gold left to be found is small and few and far between. So, what I was able to do many years ago will be much more difficult if not almost impossible today.

So, if you are serious about finding gold, then what Wonderer mentioned should be followed and that is to pick a specialized detector built for that purpose.

All too often people will take a detector and use it out of character. It may work just like a shoe may work in place of a hammer to pound a nail. However, it won't work as well as the real thing.

Reg

I agree with all your responces here. So many people get discouraged by buying the wrong detector for its intended purpose.