Nugget Shooter Forums
frank c

NOTICE for ALL OLD POOPS

There's a product called SnakeAway that I tried without much success...Our old cat, Jose Cuervo, got offed a couple years ago when he stuck his head down in a hole where the mohave greens were burrowed in...We brought in some hard working young guys and really cleaned up the property eliminating every hiding place we could...We still have rattler problems, though...Usually encounter two to four each year, usually in early spring and mid fall ... Just comes with the territory in the big AZ ... Cheers, Unc

Have seen but never had to kill a buzztail in the hills; on the homefront- killed 3. The cat idea may sound good, but ours brings her trophies in to show us- mice, birds and even rats and some are still kicking. Not sure I'd get along with sharing my chair with a rattler?

Shep

I believe the best snake medicine is large poultry. The Guinea is the best darn watch bird and snake medicine there is. All the viejos in New Mexico have guineas on the roof to keep the home zone snake free. Turkeys will do the trick too. I bet a peacock would be a rattlesnake's worst nightmare. These birds are as good as a terrier for home defense. If the wife does not like the Emu get her a goose. The eggs make a bright orange omelette too.

Goats will kill and eat a rattlesnake. So will hogs. Any animal trained to alert on snakes is a very handy tool. Birds would be my guess. I bet a pair of red tailed hawks on the property could turn a rattlesnake problem into a bunch of bony birdshit in a couple of months.

I believe the best snake medicine is large poultry. The Guinea is the best darn watch bird and snake medicine there is. All the viejos in New Mexico have guineas on the roof to keep the home zone snake free. Turkeys will do the trick too. I bet a peacock would be a rattlesnake's worst nightmare. These birds are as good as a terrier for home defense. If the wife does not like the Emu get her a goose. The eggs make a bright orange omelette too.

Goats will kill and eat a rattlesnake. So will hogs. Any animal trained to alert on snakes is a very handy tool. Birds would be my guess. I bet a pair of red tailed hawks on the property could turn a rattlesnake problem into a bunch of bony birdshit in a couple of months.

All great ideas BB....like you say the Guinea is a fantastic watch dog...if you can live with the

racket...

Was out exploring Searchlight, NV. and almost stepped on this guy... scared the heck out of me....post-1046-0-19032400-1311907015_thumb.jp

Boy that guy sure has a nice green hue to his color nice pic Dave, but you shoulda got CLOSER to take the picture then I could have seen the coloration so much better :hahaha:

Frank- I've about worn my snake guards out, the straps were falling off. I took them to a shoe repair shop to get new straps sewn on.Cost less than $10 now they are good as new. They're used as much for the cactus as snakes here in Arizona. Dave