Nugget Shooter Forums

Looking at some of these pictures of gold being found. I thought I'd pull out one of my best finds. I posted this before. This one I believe to be what's left of the Wagoner lost rose quartz ledge or Wagoner ledge is in the same area. When the new SD 2100 came on the seen I bought one. One day hunting I was going up a wash after some time I saw a lot Quartz around this hill. After finding a pennyweight nugget in the wash I thought I would check out the Quartz up the hill. Once on top it was a flat top hill. There was a few huge quartz ledges. Detecting all around with no luck thinking where to go next. I looked down on the other side and saw some more quartz all over. Going down detecting just at the edge of the beginning of a wash a signal I looked and a nugget right on top of the ground. With a smile I quickly pick it up. :D Just went down a little more and bingo dug about a foot down I pulled out that big one and a smaller one. If I weight it with the dirt on it I would finally be in the One Ouncer Club. :yuk-yuk: Finding a few more nuggets in the wash I started hunting up where I found the first one. I found a few more nuggets laying right on top of the ground. I thought the gold was coming right above but no gold to be found. What happen the wash uses to run right there, who knows hundreds of years ago and the gold was left high and dry. Back in the wash it start going up the hill. Finding gold all the way up to about 5 feet to the flat part was the last nugget. Somewhere at sometime the Ledge was on the flat part but no gold at all was found on top. My guess is that Wagoner or someone must of already found it and didn't think to check over the edge. I have been there here and there over the years. Some time ago I took one of my sons there and we both had a detectors. Going up the hill at that same place I got a signal so I told my son to try that spot and I let him find has first nugget. :thumbsupanim In all it was a little over 2 oz which I still have. ;)

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2149561/194502-Desert-Magazine-1945-February

post-184-0-58034100-1310879617_thumb.jpg

post-184-0-40766200-1310879491_thumb.jpg

post-184-0-74959300-1310879544_thumb.jpg

post-184-0-67024700-1310879683_thumb.jpg

post-184-0-68747500-1310879717_thumb.jpg

Kim that's some great looking gold....especially the last nugget...it's really unusual looking...

have you been back to that area with one of the newer model detectors and coils???

Last one looks like water worn placer??? Righteous in any mans poke one and all-tons a au 2 u 2-John :whoope:

I think I have read this post a dozen times. This is what it's about to me. GREAT story! Thank you for sharing it with us :thumbsupanim

Looking at some of these pictures of gold being found. I thought I'd pull out one of my best finds. I posted this before. This one I believe to be what's left of the Wagoner lost rose quartz ledge or Wagoner ledge is in the same area. When the new SD 2100 came on the seen I bought one. One day hunting I was going up a wash after some time I saw a lot Quartz around this hill. After finding a pennyweight nugget in the wash I thought I would check out the Quartz up the hill. Once on top it was a flat top hill. There was a few huge quartz ledges. Detecting all around with no luck thinking where to go next. I looked down on the other side and saw some more quartz all over. Going down detecting just at the edge of the beginning of a wash a signal I looked and a nugget right on top of the ground. With a smile I quickly pick it up. :D Just went down a little more and bingo dug about a foot down I pulled out that big one and a smaller one. If I weight it with the dirt on it I would finally be in the One Ouncer Club. :yuk-yuk: Finding a few more nuggets in the wash I started hunting up where I found the first one. I found a few more nuggets laying right on top of the ground. I thought the gold was coming right above but no gold to be found. What happen the wash uses to run right there, who knows hundreds of years ago and the gold was left high and dry. Back in the wash it start going up the hill. Finding gold all the way up to about 5 feet to the flat part was the last nugget. Somewhere at sometime the Ledge was on the flat part but no gold at all was found on top. My guess is that Wagoner or someone must of already found it and didn't think to check over the edge. I have been there here and there over the years. Some time ago I took one of my sons there and we both had a detectors. Going up the hill at that same place I got a signal so I told my son to try that spot and I let him find has first nugget. :thumbsupanim In all it was a little over 2 oz which I still have. ;)

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2149561/194502-Desert-Magazine-1945-February

post-184-0-58034100-1310879617_thumb.jpg

post-184-0-40766200-1310879491_thumb.jpg

post-184-0-74959300-1310879544_thumb.jpg

post-184-0-67024700-1310879683_thumb.jpg

post-184-0-68747500-1310879717_thumb.jpg

Wow, Kim, that's beautiful gold and a great findin' story...Thank you for sharing it with us... Cheers, Unc

Great Story.... hope to be around long enough to hear it again!

Thanks all

What's kind of interesting is from the edge to down where the farthest nugget was found runs maybe 50' 60'. Then from there the wash runs around the hill to the main wash and is about 60 more yards. The whole area is pretty much bedrock to the flat top down the wash. At sometime someone must of found the nuggets that should of been in that wash. In the picture you can see how far the wash had move. The blue line is where the wash runs today and the black line is where some of the nuggets was right on the ground. And right in the middle was the big nugget. Just wonder how many other nuggets made it down the wash. Also kind of funny is all the bull that was add to the story. Like planting a circle of trees. We all know your not going to just grow trees in the desert. :yuk-yuk:

post-184-0-23615100-1310964062_thumb.jpg

Garimpo, That last nugget I hit it with the 4000 with the NF 14".

Hoser John, It couldn't be to water worn. It was about 20' from the edge of the top and from the top it may have travel 5' to 30'. The flat top maybe about a quarter of it drains off to that side. The top is pretty flat so I don't no how any nuggets could move off it. Here's picture before I shine it up. thanks again all

post-184-0-15399600-1310965844_thumb.jpg

Thanx for the explaination and original pic as that cleared it up BUT not used to desert nuggets having that much of a free flowing shiny surface(polish explains that)--unlike your other finds--all righteous too- :whoope: John

Clean or pig pen dirty that is still one beautiful nugget...don't know who the owner of the land

there is but is it possible to do a push to clean off that ridge?....Bet there's more where that

came from if you could get the place cleaned up...and then grid it four different directions....

SLOW.....

Thanx for the explaination and original pic as that cleared it up BUT not used to desert nuggets having that much of a free flowing shiny surface(polish explains that)--unlike your other finds--all righteous too- :whoope: John

The only way I shine gold is I have a bottle with water and different size gold and just shake it for a long time or I'll even carry it for a few weeks. I need to shake that other gold some more.

Clean or pig pen dirty that is still one beautiful nugget...don't know who the owner of the land

there is but is it possible to do a push to clean off that ridge?....Bet there's more where that

came from if you could get the place cleaned up...and then grid it four different directions....

SLOW.....

It's not claimed. I never felt any need to claim it. I'm the only one that knows what might be in that hill and it's about mile hike. I would need to put in a road to get to it. If I could I'd wipe that hill away. Or I would like to tunnel around inside the hill.

I would never want to claim it. All that does is make the location a matter of public record and that's the last thing you want. :twocents:

Steve

I used to feel that way as well, but now one of my absolute best areas in under claim by one of the local claim sellers (There are many these days). I wonder if they have ever even prospected the spot? I hope not and perhaps it will be dropped eventually as these folks have VAST areas under claim all around me and are not working it in any way :shrug:

Bummer is that it is held legally and that means KEEP OFF for me, should have gotten paper on this area though and kicking myself in the butt.... :grr01:

Great story. Thanks for keeping the hope and inspiration alive for those of us who are still pounding ground to find a nice little take like that one there you got. :thumbsupanim

Ya know funny thing is there are still many many spots out there yet to be found or re-found by the "new age" prospector with a metal detector.

Good hunting.

Thanks for sharing the story, it's the kind of story I like to read slowly in order to savor it