Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold was fluctuating in the 1500's for awhile then back down into the 1400's today its 1583.00 when I checked will she go thru the 1600.00 mark now ?????

I've been thinking at selling some at the 15+ stage and wondering iF that was the END of it at 15 + . But also thinking are these people right that preach 2-3 thousand ???? Who's gonna buy if it hits these figures ??? Really takes some thought for sure.

The people that know paper money is worthless.

An interest in owning gold is becoming increasingly popular all over the world.

As someone said on the radio the other day "the trend is your friend."

...and what Homefire said...

Flak

Paper money has no worth and gold cant be spent as currency. Pick your poison. Just like the last depression we are damned if we do and damned if we don't. Things are peachy with the rich though. Nothing like a rapidly fluctuating market to make money (If'n you have some).

Wait until gold is $2000 an ounce and you have a closet full of it but no food to eat. Just like in the depression people will be selling that gold for pennies on the dollar to get a loaf of bread. And who will wind up with the gold? Well, the wealthy of course. Not the frugal investor who worked hard for a living and invested wisely in gold.

In the future crime will pay even better than it does today and lead will be the most precious metal. Politicians will be the mastodons of the future and "Clovis Man" will hunt them from the back of a pickup truck. I am learning to knap a knife from a beer bottle to skin 'em out with. I can almost smell the BBQ already. Can't you?

Gold was fluctuating in the 1500's for awhile then back down into the 1400's today its 1583.00 when I checked will she go thru the 1600.00 mark now ?????

I've been thinking at selling some at the 15+ stage and wondering it that was the END of it at 15 + . But also thinking are these people right that preach 2-3 thousand ???? Who's gonna buy if it hits these figures ??? Really takes some thought for sure.

When OB was put in office 2 years ago I knew where we was heading. So I put every penny I had in gold which gold was at about $800oz. Now some are saying gold will be hitting $2500oz in 2 years. If you look at the last 2 years I believe this will be true. Now you got OB pawn Bernanke looking to begin QE3. As the dollar falls everything else goes up. It doesn't take a rocket science to see OB is trying to destroy America with in. No drilling No Coal No Nuclear. Back to the dark ages we go.

When OB was put in office 2 years ago I knew where we was heading. So I put every penny I had in gold which gold was at about $800oz. Now some are saying gold will be hitting $2500oz in 2 years. If you look at the last 2 years I believe this will be true. Now you got OB pawn Bernanke looking to begin QE3. As the dollar falls everything else goes up. It doesn't take a rocket science to see OB is trying to destroy America with in. No drilling No Coal No Nuclear. Back to the dark ages we go.

Lemme see...Gold was $282 per ounce when Bush took office and after his first term it was over $600. When he left office it was $980. So in 8 years we saw gold triple in price under Bush. Then along came Obama and it has not quite doubled. So from looking at the charts it seems that gold rose much more under Bush does it not?

If the rise in gold prices are attributed to Obama, what made them go up so much under Bush? Surely the same dynamics were in play then as now? Obama is really going to have to go to work to raise the price of gold as much as Bush did. Relatively speaking gold would HAVE to go to $2800 per ounce to keep up with the rate of increase under the Bush amin.

Lemme see...Gold was $282 per ounce when Bush took office and after his first term it was over $600. When he left office it was $980. So in 8 years we saw gold triple in price under Bush. Then along came Obama and it has not quite doubled. So from looking at the charts it seems that gold rose much more under Bush does it not?

If the rise in gold prices are attributed to Obama, what made them go up so much under Bush? Surely the same dynamics were in play then as now? Obama is really going to have to go to work to raise the price of gold as much as Bush did. Relatively speaking gold would HAVE to go to $2800 per ounce to keep up with the rate of increase under the Bush amin.

Hey Bob

If I recall gold when up because gas shot up, after years of the Dems killing our ability to drill and I don't recall Bush printing funny money.

No matter how you look at it gold has been going up. If you believe what the good word says and I do: in the last days a lb. of gold will buy a loaf of bread. Looks as if we are headed in that direction with the shape the world is in today.

Hey Bob

If I recall gold when up because gas shot up, after years of the Dems killing our ability to drill and I don't recall Bush printing funny money.

And all this time I thought it was because the government was artificially holding the price of gold low. I should have known it would all be the Dems fault regardless of who was elected! :yuk-yuk:

So the Dems play the Enviros and then take money in the back room to allow oil companies to drill and coal plants ot be built. Then the Repubs play the oil and power companies and take back room money to allow the enviro laws to exist. Tell me whch ones are the "bad guys" :hahaha: :hahaha:

Gas was CHEAP when gold was $265. Gas was CHEAP when gold was $800. Gas is CHEAP when it was $5 a gallon and gas is CHEAP today. It is the value of our MONEY that causes gold to rise and no one did more to devalue the dollar than Bush....No one. Obama will run a close second. It has nothing to do with Democrat or Republican and everything to do with poor governace and greed in my humble opinion.

http://money.cnn.com/pf/features/lists/global_gasprices/

It is funny how people think the Dems "killed the ability to drill". Here we have the PIT rule and conservatives say that they have "killed drilling in New Mexico while Texas goes great guns". But the fact is that they are drilling today, yesterday, and throughout the period we are speaking about. If anyone has "killed drilling" they had better tell it to the oilfield guys because there have been rigs boring holes non stop for many years. And yes regulation has made it more expensive by a few hundred thousand a well. It has made drilling a lot safer, cleaner and more environmentally friendly. The well sites show it! And although the oil companies gripe a bunch about it it is business as usual. As a matter of fact the cost of drilling a well even with the regulations has not kept up with the rate of inflation since 1980. No one has "killed our ability to drill". They have simply forced the oil companies to spend more on safety and the environment. Petroleum is as profitable as it has ever been, the oilfields are going great guns (especially in the boom of 2008)and the right still sells propoganda that the oil fields are dead as a result of the Dems.

The price of a barrel of oil is the main determining factor of how many rigs are operating. Regulation makes very little difference unless big oil wants it to and that is a POLITICAL statement and NOT AN ECONOMIC ONE.

Here's the facts Jul 05 oil was about $60 barrel gold in jul 05 was about $420. In Jul 07 oil was $85 barrel and gold $700oz. Early 08 oil was at $110+ barrel and gold was $1000oz. And why in the gulf they have to drill in sea a mile down? Not to say all the jobs lose because OB stopped all drilling in the gulf. From what I here they still haven't been able to drill. Just think how low gas would be now if OB didn't stop all drilling in the Gulf. Just before the Reps lost congress they reopen many places that was closed by the Dems. And guess what happen when the Dems took power they closed those place again. Will just have to agree to disagee. Take care Bob and don't sale your gold.

Here's the facts Jul 05 oil was about $60 barrel gold in jul 05 was about $420. In Jul 07 oil was $85 barrel and gold $700oz. Early 08 oil was at $110+ barrel and gold was $1000oz. And why in the gulf they have to drill in sea a mile down? Not to say all the jobs lose because OB stopped all drilling in the gulf. From what I here they still haven't been able to drill. Just think how low gas would be now if OB didn't stop all drilling in the Gulf. Just before the Reps lost congress they reopen many places that was closed by the Dems. And guess what happen when the Dems took power they closed those place again. Will just have to agree to disagee. Take care Bob and don't sale your gold.

No drillinmg in the gulf?

http://www.rigzone.com/news/region.asp?r_id=1

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on that one because there are plenty of rigs there. You must have misunderstood some key info. And if you want to believe the price of gold is predicated on the price of oil then you certainly can. Take care and I hope that your gold can carry you through in times of no food. I honestly dont worry about money as it is only good in the prosperous times. I am a lot more worried about reliance on the supermarket than I am about not having any money. Money is only good to pay bills and buy what you need. If we are all reliant on supply lines and not self sufficient it really does not matter if we are filthy rich. The first thing that will happen is the supply lines will be interrupted and unless we can eat our money we will be without. And what good is a million bucks worth of gold when a loaf of bread is a hundred dollars?

I have traded in most of my gold at a very good profit. That is what I collected it for. What I have sold has served its purpose and what I have saved I will never sell. With that money I have insured that I can survive in any economy for quite some time. That brings me a lot more piece of mind than the metal did. I hope we all can find a strategy for survival in the coming days. So far I have had it very easy and I hope that continues. If it does not I beleive I am as prepared as I can be and I thank my shovel and a strong back for providing the means to get here.

On one hand I hope gold goes to $3000 an ounce for the sake of fellows like you. But I am afraid tha tthe higher it goes the farther in the hole we go and things will be relatively worse. It is a double edged sword.

Take care my friend!

Dont sell your gold to a business, taxes will kill you :*&$*(: and talking about high prices of oil, I have noticed tons of people now riding those little 50cc scooters. I guess 70mpg, and no licensing, and no insurance those things will get you around town.

Nobody knows where the price of gold will end up,..... but who would have thought it would be knocking on the $1600 threshold today?dry.gifconfused0083[1].gifrolleye0012[1].gif Dave

No drillinmg in the gulf?

http://www.rigzone.com/news/region.asp?r_id=1

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on that one because there are plenty of rigs there. You must have misunderstood some key info. And if you want to believe the price of gold is predicated on the price of oil then you certainly can. Take care and I hope that your gold can carry you through in times of no food. I honestly dont worry about money as it is only good in the prosperous times. I am a lot more worried about reliance on the supermarket than I am about not having any money. Money is only good to pay bills and buy what you need. If we are all reliant on supply lines and not self sufficient it really does not matter if we are filthy rich. The first thing that will happen is the supply lines will be interrupted and unless we can eat our money we will be without. And what good is a million bucks worth of gold when a loaf of bread is a hundred dollars?

I have traded in most of my gold at a very good profit. That is what I collected it for. What I have sold has served its purpose and what I have saved I will never sell. With that money I have insured that I can survive in any economy for quite some time. That brings me a lot more piece of mind than the metal did. I hope we all can find a strategy for survival in the coming days. So far I have had it very easy and I hope that continues. If it does not I beleive I am as prepared as I can be and I thank my shovel and a strong back for providing the means to get here.

On one hand I hope gold goes to $3000 an ounce for the sake of fellows like you. But I am afraid tha tthe higher it goes the farther in the hole we go and things will be relatively worse. It is a double edged sword.

Take care my friend!

Hey

Gold will go down if oil goes down or if it goes up more it will go up more. Now with the printing of money and if things keep tanking gold will go up. As far as food goes I've said here a few times you all better work on getting a year supply of food which I have. In the end food will be the only thing worth any thing. And as far as putting your money in gold is to keep it from devaluing. Until we can turn this ship around. Our oil production is only half of what it was 20 years. We have a 100 year supply of natural gas and we need to start changing our big rigs to natural gas and go from there. OB could shot oil down in one day just by telling the world we are going to up production to 20 years ago. But why is he doing everything he can to keep as from drilling? As OB would say drill baby drill as long as it's in Belize. :yuk-yuk: Take care!

Inflation seems to be rearing it's ugly head at least in the food store. IF you have enough gold to bypass some of the middle dudes then it might make sense to sell. THAT IS provided you can make just as good a deal for something that YOU or someone else might need or want at some time in the future. Put in a super greenhouse. Buy long term storage food, buy good quality hand tools. There are many things that will be better than gold. Think of it this way. In order for gold to be worth something there are 2 scenarios. ONE: The person taking the gold believes that the economy will at some point in the NEAR future will return to the "pre problem" days. TWO: There must be a good economy near enough to supply things that we need. Suffice it to say, gold is worth what it's worth to someone that has something that you want/need.

Inflation seems to be rearing it's ugly head at least in the food store. IF you have enough gold to bypass some of the middle dudes then it might make sense to sell. THAT IS provided you can make just as good a deal for something that YOU or someone else might need or want at some time in the future. Put in a super greenhouse. Buy long term storage food, buy good quality hand tools. There are many things that will be better than gold. Think of it this way. In order for gold to be worth something there are 2 scenarios. ONE: The person taking the gold believes that the economy will at some point in the NEAR future will return to the "pre problem" days. TWO: There must be a good economy near enough to supply things that we need. Suffice it to say, gold is worth what it's worth to someone that has something that you want/need.

You got that right!

My family survived the great depression by knowing how to fix a car and grow a garden. They sewed their blankets and butchered hogs and poached deer. They had the skills to get it done. If you didnt have it and couldnt make it you had to do without. Tools were as important as good health. You were screwed if you were lacking either. So self sufficiency is the key. And debt is your greatest enemy. When they lost the house after a few years they had no place to be self sufficient and were basically transient workers.

For me, the clear title to a couple of fenced acres with a well seemed a lot better survival tool than a jar of nuggets and dust. I miss that jar like an old lover but I am always going to have a place to dig in when the going gets rough. And if things get better, and I hope they do, I am light years ahead and I cashed in at $1465 per ounce. If it goes to $3000 I won't lament it a bit because I won't be facing foreclosure. So I am good with selling when I did.

Now, I DO regret the many ounces back on the late 1980's that we sold for $250-300 an ounce. I felt raped every time I sold a couple of ounces to survive. I worked my tail off for every vial I filled. Now that I have the luxury of not having to sell what I find I dont feel quite as bad about it I guess.

A couple of problems here. 1st is things are not the same! Under Bush, the Fed and all other banks were handing out money for nothing to people who couldnt really afford it and dumb enough to use adjustables. People in the know saw the printing presses workin 24/7 churning out paper and repositioned into precious metals to hedge against inflation. In no time the demand on PMs and general buzz about fiat paper currency drove prices up. Its old news to be in PMs as of late. So PMs will just keep steadily climbing with an occasional peak and valley. Obama has nothin to do with the cost of gold nor did Bush. Both are puppets anyway. Inflation, dollar power and fuel costs for mining dictate prices on PM's (many other factors too but those are the main ones).

It might not be a bad idea to watch out for when, where, and how you cash out your gold in the future.

HR4646. A 1% tax hike on all bank transactions to be in effect after Nov. 2012 elections. Snope it. If your paycheck,social security, IRS refund checks are deposited, or even transferred to ANY financial institution (bank, credit union, savings and loans,ect), within your account, a 1% tax transaction awaits you.

Some will say, oh well, it's just 1%. Are you kidding me? It's a 1% tax increase across the board. Remember, once the tax is there, they can also raise it at will. And if anyone protests, they will just say, "oh, that's not really a tax, it's a user fee"! Just go back and look at the transactions you've made from last year's banking statements. Then add the total of all those transactions and deduct 1%. I wonder when that got snuck in?

Billygoat

It might not be a bad idea to watch out for when, where, and how you cash out your gold in the future.

HR4646. A 1% tax hike on all bank transactions to be in effect after Nov. 2012 elections. Snope it. If your paycheck,social security, IRS refund checks are deposited, or even transferred to ANY financial institution (bank, credit union, savings and loans,ect), within your account, a 1% tax transaction awaits you.

Some will say, oh well, it's just 1%. Are you kidding me? It's a 1% tax increase across the board. Remember, once the tax is there, they can also raise it at will. And if anyone protests, they will just say, "oh, that's not really a tax, it's a user fee"! Just go back and look at the transactions you've made from last year's banking statements. Then add the total of all those transactions and deduct 1%. I wonder when that got snuck in?

Billygoat

This bill was never passed into law and it was introduced to do away with income tax, and it would of been applied to all transactions, i.e. cash, checks, debit card, credit card, etc. not just bank transactions.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-4646

http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/debtfree.asp

If this bill had passed what would keep them from raising the 1% later to 5%, 10%. 20%, or higher!!

Related bills.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-4646&tab=related

That being said you have to keep your eyes opened and watch these politicians you never know when they will introduce or sneak some bill in to get more of our money to cover what they spend foolishly!!!

Skip

As that is true, and during a time of debt ceiling solving critera taking place, this is what I really wanted many here to see. The names of those projecting the proposal. I wouldn't assume that any of these guys are anti socialist, and or serious.

Quote:If this bill had passed what would keep them from raising the 1% later to 5%, 10%. 20%, or higher!!

Like our debt ceiling, I believe there is a high probability this tin can will most likely be kicked down the road for a later, and more painful arrival. Also during the debt ceiling trial run, the votes in the house for raising the ceiling was voted against. I bet that don't happen on this next time around. I feel the same will be true for another shot on HR-4646, or a similar form of proposal in the near future.

The bill is HR-4646 introduced by US Rep Peter deFazio D-Oregon and US Senator Tom Harkin D-Iowa.

Their plan is to sneak it in after the......moved beyond proposing studies and submitted the Debt Free America Act (H.R. 4646) , a bill calling for the implementation of a scheme to pay down the.......[2010] by Rep.

Chaka Fattah (D-Pa.). His "Debt Free America Act" (H.R. 4646) would impose a 1 percent "transaction tax" on every financial transaction...

Tue, 12 Oct 2010 11:26:37 GMThttp://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/debtfree.asp

Only sell for cash, no record, no tax. Grubstake

Spot price is now over $1600. Are people so worried about the economy that the US Dollar is now headed for the Critical Care ward?

Mike