Nugget Shooter Forums

Got some gold this weekend!

Mike (Dizzy)took my fiance and I out to the Nooksack river in Norther Wa. this Saturday. Here are the results! It's not enough to retire on, but it sure was a great time. :D

Gold.jpg

Thanks Mike :thumbsupanim That was extremely cool of you to help us out, and show us a good time. It was truly a pleasure to meet up with you! Your generosity is greatly appreciated.

More pics to come, as soon as my fiance sends them to me.

-Denny

Like you say Denny not enough to retire on but certainly enough to give you the "fever"....your

hooked now....just being in the outdoors with good folks is the greatest part....glad you

had fun....

Ya got that right! The good company, experience, beautiful river, and weather was by far the best part. It's not so much having the gold, it's the getting it, that's the real pleasure. Thanks!

Nice gold and sounds like a fun time, blazing hot here right now so not getting out much. Good to see someone is getting some gold!

Thanks Bill. I'm certainly glad I don't have your heat!! Ha ha. I'm sure we'll be seeing some success pics from you here soon!

Ya got that right! The good company, experience, beautiful river, and weather was by far the best part. It's not so much having the gold, it's the getting it, that's the real pleasure. Thanks!

"There's gold, and it's haunting and haunting;

It's luring me on as of old;

Yet it isn't the gold that I'm wanting

so much as just finding the gold.

It's the forests where silence has lease;

It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder,

It's the stillness that fills me with peace."

— Robert W. Service

Did someone say GOLD??? Nice to find some anywhere, anyday. Looks like fun!

Paul

It was a pleasure meeting you both. We all had a killer breakfast, and then had a great day on the river...beer.gif

Was that the gold from your EZ sluice? Some of those chunks look pretty big for

Nooksack flood gold, so we were definitely in the paysteak on that bar. That last

spot we were working looked like it had some promise, and we should spend a day working

that after your vacation.. :miner:

Give my best to your fiancee; it's easy to see that you two are going to have some

great prospecting adventures in the future.

Mike

Looks like a nice start on a bragging bottle there Denny! And it is great to meet folks with the same interests. Nugget Shooter has been responsible for a lot of folks getting together and sharing knowledge. Bill deserves a big thanks for that!

Thanks Bob. Bill does deserve a big thanks! His efforts, time and thought, have help a lot of people out! Cheers to Bill :wubu:

It was a pleasure meeting you both. We all had a killer breakfast, and then had a great day on the river...beer.gif

Was that the gold from your EZ sluice? Some of those chunks look pretty big for

Nooksack flood gold, so we were definitely in the paysteak on that bar. That last

spot we were working looked like it had some promise, and we should spend a day working

that after your vacation.. :miner:

Give my best to your fiancee; it's easy to see that you two are going to have some

great prospecting adventures in the future.

Mike

Thanks Mike! She is a pretty amazing person. She says thanks again by the way! Some of that gold was from mine, but a lot of it was from the stuff you gave us to pan. I like your sluice a lot! I think I'm going to spring for something a little bigger, after seeing the difference between the two. You're a wonderful guy Mike, and we look forward to meeting back up with you soon!

Thats a real fine lookin pan of the good stuff Denny!! Glad you and Diz had a blast.

Yeah...not bad for the sate of Wa, eh? Most of the stuff around here is pretty minuscule, so we were pretty impressed with the amount we came up with. Good times, and thanks!

Thanks Mike! She is a pretty amazing person. She says thanks again by the way! Some of that gold was from mine, but a lot of it was from the stuff you gave us to pan. I like your sluice a lot! I think I'm going to spring for something a little bigger, after seeing the difference between the two. ...

Next time you come up I'll bring both the A51 and modified A52. I believe the larger one does

a better job with capturing fine stuff, but either one will certainly suffice. If it's not too

hot, I'm heading back there on Saturday to check out those areas on the lower part of the bar.

:miner:

Mike

Nice! Sounds like a deal Mike. I wish you the best of luck on Sunday. It should be fairly mild heat for you up there. Happy digging!

Andrea sprained her ankle pretty bad, in our Ju-Jitsu class the other day, but if she heals up okay, we'll be hitting up the American River in California next week! There should be some Au to be had there for sure!