Nugget Shooter Forums

ores of all sorts

Hello, I am new to all of this. My husband and I are digging a pond in our back yard. We have found topaz garnet quartz granite a few pieces of coal and in the rocks are gold streaks. The dirt just sparkles all over. Also alot of ores with clear stones, some tiny some nice size which I'm not sure what these are yet.. But I do not know where we are to take these to, to have them checked out and to find out who would want them? Oh, we have silver ores also. Every web site seems to take me somewhere else other than answering my questions so if ANYONE CAN HELP :thumbsupanim I WOULD SOOOO APPRECIATE IT! THANK YOU! One more thing, we have little gold nuggets and flakes, but how can we tell the difference between gold and pirite? Alot of questions, I know... Thanks!

TM sure wish I had your problem with all those minerals...stones...gold streaks...nuggets...

First do you have a metal detector?...how do you know the streaks are gold?...and how big

are the streaks(length and width)?....

If you have a hard surface like a anvil put what you think might be gold or pyrite and hit it

with a hammer....if it's gold it will just flatten out a little...if it's pyrite it will shatter

into little pieces....of course if it is gold you've just ruined a nugget....you don't say where

you live....if your close to a miners supply they might have acid for a acid test on gold...that

would be a better test than the hammer.....

If you live close to the Phoenix,AZ area you could contact Professor Southern and ask him for a

on-the-spot evaluation of your pond....he can be contacted at any of these sub-forums since he's

also the owner of this great site....

Good luck....I hope your going strike it rich!!!!

TM sure wish I had your problem with all those minerals...stones...gold streaks...nuggets...

First do you have a metal detector?...how do you know the streaks are gold?...and how big

are the streaks(length and width)?....

If you have a hard surface like a anvil put what you think might be gold or pyrite and hit it

with a hammer....if it's gold it will just flatten out a little...if it's pyrite it will shatter

into little pieces....of course if it is gold you've just ruined a nugget....you don't say where

you live....if your close to a miners supply they might have acid for a acid test on gold...that

would be a better test than the hammer.....

If you live close to the Phoenix,AZ area you could contact Professor Southern and ask him for a

on-the-spot evaluation of your pond....he can be contacted at any of these sub-forums since he's

also the owner of this great site....

Good luck....I hope your going strike it rich!!!!

Thanks. We are in Orange county Va. near Lake Anna. Before it was Lake Anna there were 5 mines there. We are about 5 miles away from there. some of what we thought looked like gold crumbled. Then there is what we think is real gold and Alot of it is in Quartz. We are still digging our pond and all of a sudden have come across a layer of nothing but dirt so maybe there is more under that. the streaks are about 3-5 inches long in some. Then there is a silver rock with dark purple spots in it and all over. I will try to take pics. I just don't know what to do with it!? :hmmmmm:

Tanya you could try to contact "Reno Chris" he's one of the moderators here and he has a wealth of

information on the very things your talking about...just bring up reno Chris and give him a PM

message...good luck...

Tanyamichelle,

I have numerous friends that are in your area and prospect several times a week, year round on a private lease on Contrary Creek which empties into western portion of Lake Anna, and Contrary Creek has a long rich history of gold mines from the late 1800s and into the early to mid 1900s and Contrary Creek is still producing good gold today, these historic mines maybe the ones you're referring too.

I can contact them and I'm very sure they would be happy to come to your property and they can answer all of your questions on if you have gold and what the other gemstones and minerals are.

My guess without seeing what you have found is that it's a very good chance that you do have gold in your samples, and on your property, and there's a good chance you have a little to lot of gold on your property based on the general location of where your property is.

If you would like me to put you into contact with some reputable and respectable gold prospectors in your area to check your samples and have them do some testing on your property or whatever testing you desire, send me a PM with some basic contact info and your name so they can contact you and then ya'll can work out any details between them and yourself.

A word of warning though, if you indeed have gold on your property, you might want to dig a BIG pond, gold fever can do that to you!!! :grin:

Skip