Nugget Shooter Forums

Yuma area

Hot Feet

Hi all im new to the forum and new to the yuma az area. Im wondering if anyone knows when the heat is gunna let up, it gets a little rough nugget hunting out in this sun. Im not finding much and sweating alot doing more internet prospecting than out in the field rite now.

Hi all im new to the forum and new to the yuma az area. Im wondering if anyone knows when the heat is gunna let up, it gets a little rough nugget hunting out in this sun. Im not finding much and sweating alot doing more internet prospecting than out in the field rite now.

The heat will let up down there about 2020 when the next ice age comes. Until then crawl in the oven and turn it on to about 350 to keep cool. :yuk-yuk:

It must be hotter than the hubs of hell in Yuma. I have 99 degrees at 7000 feet today so I figure the pavement in Yuma would cook a chicken in about 45 minutes. It is hot everywhere but Yuma has got to be the worst? What to you Arizona boys say? Is there a hotter place on average anywhere in the USA? If'n I was guessing I think my pick right out of the blue would be Yuma Az.

Phoenix Az. It was 90 degrees this morning at 6am. It's 8pm now and it's 101 in the shade. My large in ground pool is 90 degrees tonight. It's just ______ing HOT!!! mad0229[1].gif The temp in the truck reaches 170 degrees after sitting all day.We use oven mitts to touch the steering wheel. I don't detect around here until it cools down in Sept/ Oct. Then on Dec. 30 last year I had to de-ice my RV slides in order to close them. happy0193[1].gif Wierd place to live.confused0067[1].gif Dave

Forecast near here... LAKE MEAD: Scattered showers, light wind, 107 DEGREES :*&$*(:

Hotfeet:

Bad time of the year to be in the lowlands of Az.

Heat doesnt let up until around late sept to mid Oct. The fall, winter, spring are fantastic for going out. Az has about 3 crappy months and 9 good ones.

Lay low for a few months...or go up around prescott. Its about 10-15 deg cooler there.

Tom

It must be hotter than the hubs of hell in Yuma. I have 99 degrees at 7000 feet today so I figure the pavement in Yuma would cook a chicken in about 45 minutes. It is hot everywhere but Yuma has got to be the worst? What to you Arizona boys say? Is there a hotter place on average anywhere in the USA? If'n I was guessing I think my pick right out of the blue would be Yuma Az.

I think death valley is 1 Deg hotter usually> :)

Tom

I avoid Phoenix weather this time of year except for funerals or maybe a wedding. Jill says Yuma is ten times worse [from her memory of it during her misspent biker days]. My eyes always feel like sand-sprinkled raisins when I wake up there in the morning. What the heck would happen to those people if there were a major power failure? Yikes, I thought it was uncomfortable here in So Cal at a measly 90 degrees. And why am I going out detecting in the Dale Gold District tomorrow? I must have the fever bad...

Here in the Chihuahuan desert the temps are hot but not as hot as Arizona and California. And even if it does get to 110 for a week in the summer the temperature profile is different. It is only deathly hot for a few hours. Lower down on the Mojave and Sonoran desert it STAYS hot for a longer duration. Here in the foothills of the rockies at 7000 feet 99 degrees feels like a blowtorch but it isn't hot like the low deserts to the west. Hell, I dont even have an AC and I am not uncomfortable as long as I am in the shade. And the breeze in the evening sends it into the 60s or even 50s at night so most of the day is very pleasant even if it does get up above 100 on occasion.

Hottest I have ever been was 128 degrees near Hermosillo, Mexico. You had to remember to breathe. We were in an old pickup with no AC driving to San Carlos. Just freaking killer hot. I loved it then but it would kill me today I think.

heard it was so hot in yuma today someone saw two chickens on the side of the road and they were pulling each others feathers out

Well I was going to complain about San Diego being a muggy 85 today but...suddenly I'm feeling better. :rasberry:

Rained all morning, and topped out at 68º today, but we're hoping for 75º tomorrow.

Hottest I've ever been was 123º in Searchlight Nev. back about '84. We were camping

upriver from Cottonwood Cove, and it was so hot we broke camp and headed off to the

Searchlight Nugget. Back then it was about the only place to go with air conditioning and

where we could stay for awhile, but it was a drive up from Cottonwood.

Mike

A few days ago it was 115 in the shade, here at the house, [Quartzsite] I have seen it a lot hotter.

We had a power outage a couple days ago. The storm took out 17 power polls between here and Parker.

Power went off in the evening, was off all night, all the next day and came back on at 3:00 AM in the morning.

The house was starting to heat up just a wee bit.

Bob T.

Hot Feet,

If you are going to be out in the desert in the heat be sure to take LOTS and LOTS of water. If you can freeze it the night before and make it ice water, all the better. There are very real medical emergencies you could suddenly face out there so you need to prepare ahead of time.

Take breaks and get into the shade regularly. Go with a buddy. Carry a cell phone (and know where you can get a signal at)

There are too many other things to mention here, and I'm sure you're smart and have taken all the precautions, but it never hurts to be reminded just how dangerous it can be out there. Every year somebody passes out from the heat and gets found a few days later when they didn't come home as expected.

Best bet is to wait until the weather cools down or go at night with the snakes and scopions.

Paul

Thanks for all the good advice its well taken and looks like im gunna be melting the bottoms off my boots for a little while yet.. and im looking forward to that ice age in 2020 makes some good snow cones. It looks lit another scorcher out there today im going to work on the tan in the ac..

Forcast for TEXAS for the next two months, HOTTER THAN 40 acre's of burning stumps !!!!

113 in North texas yesterday, 107 in the south, 100 in the east 105 in the West and

a mix of all of it in the center. Houston is more than 19" behind so far in rain and

staying 98 to 100 every day. With all the flooding and killer storms they had up in

middle of the country this year, no spring to speak of in the Northwest, Snow, Rains,

Wind in the East, can't help but wonder what the hell is going on or going to happen

next!

Easiest way to tell when the heat will let up is to turn on your cold water and test its temperature. Right now mine is about 105 degrees. I usually turn mine on about the first of June and let it run until October. Along about September it starts to cool down below about 100 then I know the heat spell is broken. Also, if you are new to this area, when you see the natives start to wear jackets and coats you will know the temp is down to about 75.

-- MV

Easiest way to tell when the heat will let up is to turn on your cold water and test its temperature. Right now mine is about 105 degrees. I usually turn mine on about the first of June and let it run until October. Along about September it starts to cool down below about 100 then I know the heat spell is broken. Also, if you are new to this area, when you see the natives start to wear jackets and coats you will know the temp is down to about 75.

-- MV

Wow. Had to start a fire in the wood stove this morning. Of course by noon it was up to 80 degrees. :)

Archived