Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold by the kilo....

Two weeks ago one of the prospectors from here went 400 miles North to an

area where gold had been found before....he found a nice patch and in less

than one hour beeped and dug out 4 1/2 kilos of gold....he called his son

to come up and help and when the son get there he found an additional two

kilos....

Like all the rest here they couldn't keep their mouths shut so now there's

a gold rush going up there....normally around 50 prospector in this town...

now there's only about 5 of us....I heard reports two days ago that a lot

of shooting taking place there....probably by the land owners being

robbed....

The dad of the two man team went back to the house a few days ago and

immediately went to the Toyota dealership in Brazilia and bought two

Toyota Hilux....a mear R$120,000 each...that's about $77,000 USD each...

The Hilux is the top of the line....large Toyota....I think it's about the

same as the Tacoma and their diesel....4x4....four door...manual or

automatic...all the goodies....

6.5 k x 2.2=14lbs x 12 oz/troy lb=171.6 oz. x say just measly spot at 1525=$261,690 NICE DAYS WORK :zapped: but NOT keeping mouth shut is jus' plain ol'STUPID-John :wacko:

Frank I remember what bullets sound like going by...the ONE I don't hear

is what worries me....

hb58 HB down stairs has got it pretty well figured out for us...

El D......I keep hopin and strokin...wish that day would hurry up and get

here...

HJ the boys around here just can't help themselves....braggin rights you

know...a bunchadumbass's.....

That combination of greed & stupidity is something I'm having a hard time getting use to here.

I've learned thats why most landowners are leary to let me poke around their properties.

A few weeks ago my wife suggested a local to go with me as a "partner"---thinking he could help with getting permission for more areas---I said that even if that worked it would back fire. Your post is exhibit one.

Every time I hear a tale like that one I think about what JC said,"Don't throw pearls before swine".

6.5 k x 2.2=14lbs x 12 oz/troy lb=171.6 oz. x say just measly spot at 1525=$261,690 NICE DAYS WORK :zapped: but NOT keeping mouth shut is jus' plain ol'STUPID-John :wacko:

John,

I think the math you used is a little off, 1 kilo is 1000 grams, 1000 X 6.5 = 6500 grams, 6500 divided by 31.1 = 209.00321 ounces round off to 209 X 1544 (as of today)= $322696!!!!! :brows: :brows: :brows:

But I'm sure that they didn't get anywhere near spot for the gold????

Don,

How much do they get down there for an ounce of gold??

Skip

John,

I think the math you used is a little off, 1 kilo is 1000 grams, 1000 X 6.5 = 6500 grams, 6500 divided by 31.1 = 209.00321 ounces round off to 209 X 1544 (as of today)= $322696!!!!! :brows: :brows: :brows:

But I'm sure that they didn't get anywhere near spot for the gold????

Don,

How much do they get down there for an ounce of gold??

Skip

Skip the gold buyer in this town has a cage like a pawn shop does and in the little window where you

pass gold to him he has a steel plate imbedded about 12x12x1 and then he proceedes to pound the

nugget so there not any rock left in it....then he weighs it and normally pays 80% of spot...if

you have a lot (one kilo or more) and it's clean he might go as high as 85%.....

KILO not 1000 GMS--WISH IT WERE BUT no thats 3.2lbs---John :inocent:

John,

A kilogram A.K.A. "kilo" does have 1000 grams.

http://www.asknumbers.com/KilogramsToGrams.aspx

1 kilo is = to 2.20462262 imperial pounds not troy pounds.

http://www.asknumbers.com/KilogramsToPoundsConversion.aspx

1 kilo is = to 32.150746568628 troy ounces (me thinks this number is skewed a little, shouldn't it be 31.1034768) or = 2.6972288 troy pounds

http://www.unitsconversion.com.ar/massunitsconversion/ouncetroy-kilogram.htm

6.5 kilos X 32.150746 = 208.97984 troy ounces.

Here's an online converter just type in 6.5 kilos

http://www.metric-conversions.org/weight/kilograms-to-troy-ounces.htm

Either way it's a lot of gold!!!!

Skip

That table is SKEWED ungodly-sorry no bic today-my calculator needs a replacement too-1000 grams(your kilo) divided by 31.1= 32+ ozs divided by 12(oz to a troy pound) =2.6+ lbs. Never trust a table or a :aw-shucks: stupid mechanical devise to do your thinking for ya :zip-lip: John

31.1 x 12 OZ TROY LB=372 X 2.2 LBS KILO=818.40 TRY AGAIN :yuk-yuk: :rasberry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troy_weight

There is NOT 2.2 troy lbs to a Kilo John. There are 2.679 TROY lbs. in a kilo. There is indeed 1000 grams in a Kilo (Thus the name KILOGRAM, meaning 1000 grams).Your calculations are based on 2.2 lbs to a kilo and those are not TROY POUNDS.

Sit down and figure it out. Your math is right on but your logic is making a jump between Troy and Av. weights in the middle of an equation and then comparing that to a metric measurement. Remember we are dealing with THREE different systems of measurement here.

That is why I dont care about weights. It is a big pile of gold and it weighs what it weighs.

There is NOT 2.2 troy lbs to a Kilo John. There are 2.679 TROY lbs. in a kilo. There is indeed 1000 grams in a Kilo (Thus the name KILOGRAM, meaning 1000 grams).Your calculations are based on 2.2 lbs to a kilo and those are not TROY POUNDS.

Sit down and figure it out. Your math is right on but your logic is making a jump between Troy and Av. weights in the middle of an equation and then comparing that to a metric measurement. Remember we are dealing with THREE different systems of measurement here.

That is why I dont care about weights. It is a big pile of gold and it weighs what it weighs.

:brows: :brows: :brows:

Hey Hoser... :rasberry: Right back at you. :hahaha: Don't take it to heart, My dad used to tell me the older you get the harder it is to admit your wrong cause it means you've been wrong longer.