Nugget Shooter Forums

hardrock mining

We have a small hard rock mine in Golden Valley, AZ - assayed at between 3/4 to 1 1/4 ounces to the ton. It is free milling gold. We have a gas fired oven, crushers, an impact mill, a shaker table, a blue bowl, a retort, etc., that we use for recovery. It has been a long slow road to recovery for us. Contact me if you are interested in information exchange and I will talk to my partner.

Thanks for the reply, glad to get in touch with other hardrocker,s....The mine i have been working is near Coulterville Ca....she is a pocket mine....Right now she gives me over two ounces per ton.....When my father was on this earth we used to clean up old abandoned mines for the government and collected many pieces of equipment....Right now i work with, Impact (hammer) mill, ball mill, shaker and amalgam tables....i get some free gold and chloride gold in iron sulfides.....would be glad to share info etc..............

Miner Matt used to frequent these forums and when it comes to hardrock he IS the man. He is EXTREMELY well versed on your particuliar area also-MATT YA HOME??? John

The iron sulfides are getting to be the size of small nuggets that has gold that i can see around the outsides of them....can anyone tell me if that is an indication of what is ahead? Some of these small peaces are shape like nuggets....any info. on this kind of mine would be greatly appreciated.......thanks from Goldpacker

• 2 weeks later...

Hard rock mining has interested me in the past few years. I have poked around many ore dumps and brought home some decent gold ore.

Does anyone offer to mill and process ore? Just getting it milled would be great. I only have 8-10 five gallon buckets to process.

Nuggetshooter, since you're in my neighborhood, would you be able to process some ore for a fee or a split?

• 4 months later...

Nuggetshooter : Sounds like you have a good mine, at 1 oz. average per ton of free gold. If it were me, I would crush, then classify to get -50 mesh and -100 mesh caught in separate containers, sending the oversize back through the crusher. Table the 2 sizes separate so the table is at maximum efficiency. A good table with a good operator should be able to get the free gold separated good enough to smelt or use mercury. After taking the free gold out you could save the rest of the concentrate and pile it up and wait and see if it will bio-degrade the sulfides over a period of time, if not you could fine grind, or roast and table gain. You could not run a lot of tonnage this way, but it should be efficient with low costs. Paul, in Wickenburg.

The iron sulfides are getting to be the size of small nuggets that has gold that i can see around the outsides of them....can anyone tell me if that is an indication of what is ahead?

"Some of these small pieces are shape like nuggets"...

So you're in a drift on the channel? Or is it a Quartz filled Hardrock pocket mine? The bigger the iron deposites and the more water worn they are will show you that this was a faster part or closer to the center of the stream at one time. The question also is, are the gold nuggets appearing or disapearing along with the increase in the heavier iron. It sounds like you have a great set up and it's easily paying for itself if you are in channel. But once again I am easily confused, haha. Is it truly a quartz pocket hardrock mine like the 16 to 1, or is it a drift on the channel? If it's channel then you are looking good. But if you are running out of quartz and into more iron mixed with country rock in your true hardrock mine, then it's time to blast your way to the next pocket..