Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold placers in Pioneertown?

Hello my name is Bill, I have been finding lots of pyrite in Pioneertown, there is a lot of dormant volcanos in region and it seems like a great spot, but I have never found gold anywhere in the Morongo Basin.....YET! I am on the hunt have been to Dale Mining District and placer eludes me still. I have heard of Pinto placers, never been .Help I would love to find ...GOLD...I have a whites goldmaster 4/b great machine.....Holcomb is next any local suggestions for placers??? Yuccagold

• Like 1

yuccagold... Well Bill I recommend looking up the "The First Class Miner's." They are very active and involved in the areas you have mentioned. Their mailing address is Jon Carlson PO BOX 561 Yucca Valley CA 92286.

• Like 1

hey there Yucca(bill),

i cant say much for pioneertown,...never spent the time nor have i heard any of the FirstClassMiners finding any color there. i only cruise through there (pioneertown) on the way to rattlesnake canyon...its about 15miles north/west of pioneertown. Some nice color there if you know where to look. As far as Dale District,.. at one time this place was very rich in placers but has been pounded hard over time. My partner and i have a claim in the southern dale District that has done well, but the placers are deep... FCM have 2 claims in the Dale area,... i personally have found some nice nuggs on there claims. You might consider joining if you live in the area. There a great/fun group with a wealth of knowledge. Dont give in, keep that chin up, ur bound to find the motherLode.

YelloSn0w

• Like 1

• 7 years later...

BILL FROM OLD WOMAN COMING FROM HEROS MAKE A RIGHT ON PIPES CANYON RD OR WHATEVER ITS CALLED, MAKE A RIGHT WHEN IT DEADEND DONT GO LEFT PIONEER TOWN

GO RIGHT THEN IT WILL DEAD END AGAIN THEN GO LEFT, THE PAVMENT WILL END AND BECOME DIRT. WHEN YOU SEE A WASH TO THE RIGHT THATS IT. 

SORRY FOR THE GRAMER   CALL ME FOR BETTER DIRECTIONS  949-402-7003  

I've also heard Rattlesnake Canyon was a good place to go. I've been out there a few times when I used to live in Banning but didn't find anything. More than likely I was not hitting the right spots as I ventured out there alone not knowing the area.

Edit: Yikes, I guess I should look at the post dates before responding! lol

Edited by Ray in CA

Bill, the closest gold-bearing area near YV is the Rattlesnake Canyon west of Pioneertown. The gold is well scattered over a wide area. My friends and I have taken thousands of small nuggets from the area, but it is not known for big gold. Largest nugget I know of was 6.3 oz. The FCM have a claim in the area. The Dale District produces bigger gold, but the gold is well scattered over a very large area, and tends to be deep. The Pinto Placers are well-known, but heavily hunted, and under claim by the Western States Prospectors Association, of which I, and several others on this Forum, are members. Once the snow melts, Holcomb Valley and Gold Mountain in Big Bear can produce lots of small bits. Farther afield from YV are various areas north of Barstow. Hope this helps; HH Jim

16 hours ago, JIM FEDERATED said:

BILL FROM OLD WOMAN COMING FROM HEROS MAKE A RIGHT ON PIPES CANYON RD OR WHATEVER ITS CALLED, MAKE A RIGHT WHEN IT DEADEND DONT GO LEFT PIONEER TOWN

GO RIGHT THEN IT WILL DEAD END AGAIN THEN GO LEFT, THE PAVMENT WILL END AND BECOME DIRT. WHEN YOU SEE A WASH TO THE RIGHT THATS IT. 

SORRY FOR THE GRAMER   CALL ME FOR BETTER DIRECTIONS  949-402-7003  

7 hours ago, Jimmy M said:

Bill, the closest gold-bearing area near YV is the Rattlesnake Canyon west of Pioneertown. The gold is well scattered over a wide area. My friends and I have taken thousands of small nuggets from the area, but it is not known for big gold. Largest nugget I know of was 6.3 oz. The FCM have a claim in the area. The Dale District produces bigger gold, but the gold is well scattered over a very large area, and tends to be deep. The Pinto Placers are well-known, but heavily hunted, and under claim by the Western States Prospectors Association, of which I, and several others on this Forum, are members. Once the snow melts, Holcomb Valley and Gold Mountain in Big Bear can produce lots of small bits. Farther afield from YV are various areas north of Barstow. Hope this helps; HH Jim

While I'm sure this info will possibly help someone in the future, I will say Bill started this topic and posted his question in 2011 but hasn't visited the forum since December 2013.