Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
highbanker58

10.6 oz Ganes Creek Whopper

That was 18 " straight down, Tom was probably shooting into the side of the slope, so in all actuality he probably was only going 10-12". But a solid nugget that large would be shouting in that wet ground. happy0045[1].gif Dave

highbanker58

Way to go bet you are a happy camper I had the privilage of knowing one of the people

that worked on that dredge he said he told the boss that they were loosing a lot of gold

because the guy in charge was pushing it ahead too fast so the boss put him in charge

and he said they cleaned up 400 oz in one nights shift,he told me this 25 years ago

I asked him for a map but he died before I could get it from him...

Rodd

Rodd - Did he say which dredge he was on? Dave

Dave

To be honest he may have but I don't remember, just that the operator

was pushing ahead too fast and constantly overloading the system he said

he could see the gold going overboard..

Rodd

Tyrie--The Ganes Creek pile 2 is upstream from the camp up by the beaver dam. I'll bet the sales of MXT's does go up if Whites starts advertising Tom's nugget. Dave

Dave,

Thanks for the update. I will check the area out with the GPX 4000 when I get there. Also I agree, White's Metal Detector will surely run with this story.....Tyrie

How would my friend Tom go about contacting White's to possibly get his 10.6 oz nugget into their advertising ,since he was using an MXT with a stock coil? Dave

man oh man thats gonna get a big friggin WOW!! even from this 90% lurker. what a beautiful hunk of gold, looks like a dam asteroid. congrats to both of you

How would my friend Tom go about contacting White's to possibly get his 10.6 oz nugget into their advertising ,since he was using an MXT with a stock coil? Dave

Aloha,

If you go to the whites website and look under their banner section you will see a spot where you can post a find of the month and get a coupon for merchandise at Whites. I posted my first meteorite find and got me a Goldmax Sierra coil and a bunch of accessories with their coupon.

Go for it and it should be the find of the year as far as I am concerned. totally awesome.

Aloha and looking forward to your entry. BTW,make sure you send pics along with the acticle.

Stan aka Kaimi

Thanks for the info. I will forward the info to him and he can send it in. Dave

There's more where that 10.64 oz nugget came from. There are still a lot of piles that haven't been pushed down yet. Get your name on the list for next year. The weeks fill up quickly when he notifies us that he is going to be open.I'm planning to book 2 weeks next summer. When you book 2 weeks you pay the same rate per week $3,000, but you get to detect an extra day while they are prepping the camp for the next group of detectorists coming in the next day. Dave