Nugget Shooter Forums

Might help if your deaf as a stump...or want to hang you headset on your belt and use if as a

external speaker...

Too bad it doesn't work on pre 4500 batteries...

Dave according to the video it works on any headset or ext. speaker no matter how their wired...

While we're talking batteries does Minelab repair the GPX 4000-5000 batteries?

This product fills an obvious need for owners of GPX batteries with the built in amp and want to use the amp with headphones.

It works great with normal headphones.

Like most of us the volume knob (if you have one) on the headphones is maxed out.

I like using one with my black widows turns them into external speakers.

You can take the headphones off and hang them on the detector when digging and checking the hole.

This product fills an obvious need for owners of GPX batteries with the built in amp and want to use the amp with headphones.

It works great with normal headphones.

Like most of us the volume knob (if you have one) on the headphones is maxed out.

I like using one with my black widows turns them into external speakers.

You can take the headphones off and hang them on the detector when digging and checking the hole.

I agree Chris, I think this little gizmo is a great addition for people who want more volume

from their headphones...which I do. I also have my headphones max'ed out and need more.

It will also let me run my speakers without having to have the additional amp (w battery).

Interesting and innovative.

(added a few minutes later) In fact I just ordered one.

Flak

This is a product that, if I owned a 4500 or 5000 I would take advantage of. Being 100% deaf

in one ear and having limited hearing in the other means that when metal detecting you take

every advantage you can get to increase the sounds of the machine. This might allow some to

use a detector that otherwise would be left out.

:twocents:

This is a product that, if I owned a 4500 or 5000 I would take advantage of. Being 100% deaf

in one ear and having limited hearing in the other means that when metal detecting you take

every advantage you can get to increase the sounds of the machine. This might allow some to

use a detector that otherwise would be left out.

:twocents:

I am also very hard of hearing and I was shocked when I purchased my Minelab. Despite the extreme cost of the machine it did not make a noise! Even after purchasing a headset the volume was so low that it made the unit almost worthless even for a person who could hear well. I purchased an aftermarket amp as well as an aftermarket battery as both features on the machine were far from ideal.

With the amp installed it allows me to hear the sounds well but the insane noise made when you turn the machine on will blow the headphones right off your head. I dont know why the manufacturer could not design the detector so that you could hear the tones and lessen the screaming noise that forces you to remove the headphones or turn down the speakers when switching the machine on.

I have constant ringing in the ears and am hard of hearing as a result, but if I have the volume too high it actually hurts. The stock adjustments on the detector offer more than enough volume for me when paired with any headset (since 4500 and 5000). I run the volume on my SunRay Gold headset at around half or it would blow my head off....

Interesting opinions on this and hey if it works for ya grab it.

Might help if your deaf as a stump...or want to hang you headset on your belt and use if as a

external speaker...

Too bad it doesn't work on pre 4500 batteries...

Dave according to the video it works on any headset or ext. speaker no matter how their wired...

While we're talking batteries does Minelab repair the GPX 4000-5000 batteries?

BILL

Can the batteries be replaced in the 4500 and 5000 instead of buying the whole unit???

it would be a waste of resorces if the batteries can not be replaced...

Rodd

BILL

Can the batteries be replaced in the 4500 and 5000 instead of buying the whole unit???

it would be a waste of resorces if the batteries can not be replaced...

Rodd

I am guessing that someone good with electronics could do this, but have as yet to see anyone do it or post about it. I would think someone has tried or has done it with the cost of a replacement over 500.00 :yikes:

Yes the batteries in the units are replaceable.

Open up your battery and have a look. (6month warranty I think) just a set of 8 (near AA sized) rechargeable Li Ions. (if my memory serves)

Bill and Chris I ask this question somewhere but I haven't seen a reply....don't remember where I

posted the question but does Minelab repair repair these 4500-5000 batteries?

I agree Chris, I think this little gizmo is a great addition for people who want more volume

from their headphones...which I do. I also have my headphones max'ed out and need more.

It will also let me run my speakers without having to have the additional amp (w battery).

Interesting and innovative.

(added a few minutes later) In fact I just ordered one.

Flak

Hey Flak ole buddy....one thing that will help you hear the detector better is to take it out

of the closet.... :hahaha: :hahaha:

Don,

I think most if not all (if any) of the batteries that fail are in the boards and not a dead cell issue.

I'm sure Minelab will repair or replace anything thats covered (and charge for those items that are not).

I'd hate to be detector-less because of a failed battery tho. I'm lucky that the 45 we got came with two (promotion).

Hey BTW how are those hipstick holding up? Haven't worn them out yet?

ouch Don,

You hit the problem dead center...

I hope working this amazing 5000 is like getting back on a bike.

If not I've got some catching up to do.

(now where did I PUT that thing...)

Flak

Wow, you must be pushing 200 decibels with that amp., I wonder if that finishes off the hearing even if you can't hear it well? Conundrum.

I'm with Bill S on this one.IMO there is plenty of volumn on the Gpx series.But what the hell-whats another $20.00 plus shipping added to the money pit :tisk-tisk: Mike C...:ninja: PS has anyone even tested any of the new RB coils yet ? I guess buisness is good.I was interested in them butttt after several attempts to get a deal going with him which all failed because of a comunication problem on his end :wacko: I have plenty of coils anyway :arrowheadsmiley:

Too bad he only has Paypal, I don't do paypal, and won't, if there was other options, I'd like to hear what they are. Grubstake

Yea Chris that hip-stick is going to out last me I'm affraid....if not for it I would be just about

finished beeping....especially with the big coils I swing most of the time....

Hope I never have to depend on just one battery....I have the GP 4000 batt. that came with the

unit and I also have a GP 4500 batt. for backup....

Flak you can read the 5000 manual front to back on the way down here!!!!

Hey guys,

Jason here.. Razorback Coils.....

A heads up for you guys. I built the adapter as my GPX has very very low volume with 150 ohm headphones. Indoors it can be heard but outdoors the GPX is useless. I have the signal at full and the volume at full and the threshold higher than it ever should be. Yet I cannot hear my detector. I have used a bunch of amplifiers and in the proccess of designing a new amplifier and external speaker package I stumbled on this and built one up. it works so well I cannot go without. Then it saves me from buying an amp to the tune of $100.00 and more! I am not making a killing just a good price for a part that works. Saves you guys some money and is easy to use. Now I can set a good threshold, set a proper volume level and signal level in the menu. Perfect!

Mike C,

I got back to you a bunch. You where not sure what coil size you wanted. I cannot decide for you. If you have an idea of what you want then let me know. I am very very easy to get ahold of. If I missed a message and did not respond then I am very sorry about that I get a bunch of e-mail and it happens we all miss some. My computer also got creamed by a virus that left me having to format and start over this happened the morning I left for Rye Patch last month and I lost a load of stuff. Just contact me and I will answer any questions.

Busy...you could say that....Insane would probably better explain things right now. The coils are doing very very well here and over in OZ. I have not put them in my store and I have a tight hold on reviews from the guys till I say when. Other factors business wise are in the works so things are waiting for about 1 more week to work things out. ALL the ducks must be in a row before we can release and talk. Developing the coils has turned out to be the easy part.

Hey grub,

I do take other payments. Money orders are my next best friend to cash. Again, contact me I am very easy to get a hold of.

Hope that answered some questions for you guys that seem to have popped up. I am always around unless I am out detecting.

Just e-mail me:

razorbackcoils@gmail.com

Thanks!

Jason

Hi Jason if getting back to me a couple of times equals a bunch of times I guess your right :tisk-tisk: I am very glad to see a USA made coil come out for the SD-Gp and Gpx line of deeper beepers-its about time :thumbsupanim Butttt more important issssss do they compare or beat the other coils available on the market right now as far as Noise-sensitivity and depth ??? I have'nt heard one peep yet :arrowheadsmiley: and will you keep the prices down as compared to the competitions outrageous prices mad0229[1].gif Thanks-Mike C...:ninja:

Hi Jason,

I received your GPX amp. cable and have tried it out.

It works exactly as you explained in the video.

I highly recommend it; it is inexpensive and it works.

Flak

That is great! The adapters work perfect. I just returned from a nugget trip to Arizona and it was great! I scored a .4 gram piece while there to round my trip off. I am pretty stoked on that and now I am getting caught back up on e-mails and messages.

Mike C,

I swear I talked to you several times on AZO forum and through e-mails at least a couple of times as well. So yes 4 or 5 times is a bunch to me. I guess that the word "bunch" can be anything in the eyes of the beholder. Again I am sorry if we got off track with the messages. Contact me anytime.

I was away for a total of 6 days returning to work yesterday evening after my flight from Arizona. I am just now getting the chance to catch up on my replies.

Talk to you all soon!

Jason