Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SGTFDA

Prospecting vehicle

Gar by the looks of those pictures you...good sir...are livin' in heaven. Makes me ponder the thought of leaving the motherland for good!! You sure can pack a truck, that one photo looks like a shot of the beverly hill billy's its stacked so high with gear, now if I may take a minute to put in a request I would like to see some of the native women over there and that just might seal the deal for me!!!! Thats too funny...I just noticed you got "Truck Nutz" on the yota..way too cool Truck nutz was started by a guy here in Santee Ca where I live, now that they are bigtime they probably moved to a lower taxed state who knows they might still be here.

Hey Denny I had an 84 F150 and those twin I-beam front ends were brutal on alignments, I had to have mine done every year, I guess you just cant beat a good ol' straight axle.Yeah six hunski's for tires AND rims, you cant beat that. The swampers, as you can guess have never even rolled over some spit much less a mud puddle out this way but they do real good in sand and rocks but best of all they do good on the paved road...not too much noise or vibration so they aren't knocking my fillings loose for four hrs of highway driving and not loud at all in the cab, I like to hear the truckers talking to each other on my CB,there were two mexican truckers in riverside that were positive I was one of those "Minutemen" border watchers, they were on their CB radio's running smack with no clue I can hear em or that I'm just a prospector.

The ranger that was stacking rocks was stacking the ones we blasted over while enroute to our hotspot...I didn't know (and still don't) that stacked rocks meant don't go there, to me it just meant...time to put it in four wheel drive. I would think a sign would be more appropriate, although that's what grill-gaurds are for :inocent: What part of the country are you in Denny thats still 60 degrees outside cause its hotter than hell here in San Diego.

Bucket... If you saw the women down there you would probably give up prospecting for gold and just try to catch them instead.... Don and I sat and drank many gallons of beer watching the scenery!

I know...I read the posts and saw the pics when you guys got back and....I WANT MORE!!! That place is beautiful !! Everytime Gar posts pictures its like dessert!! Gallons of beer while women watching?? And prospecting the next day?? Yer killin me El D !!!

I bought a 99 taco from my Son in lawfor $500. Had a bad 5sp tranny and he didn't have the bucks to fix it. Put in a junkyard tranny with 27k on it for $600. 2.7 four banger. Figured I would use it for prospecting and hunting. Get good MPGs but is so stiff you would swear the axle's are welded to the frame!!!Drove it from Ferndale to Everett a few times and it about killed my back. OK I'm old but it runs good with 150k on the clock. May trade it for a Jeep XJ so I can still tow behind the Motorhome. Taco has 31s on it, And I got a set of stock 225s with it that are like new.

Denny ya mite want to put the front lic. back on. they are required here and just give the cops a reason to stop you! Found out the hard way!!LOL

I've never been without a 4x4 since I was 18, and have had 5 Chevy's, a '91 4x4 Ford Ranger, 2 Dodges and one Toyota.

The Tundra beats them all, hands down. Better ride, better handling and unquestionable dependability.

tree12031001777.jpg

Mike

Good looking PU Dizzy but no diesel there huh?

Here's one of several bridges I had to cross getting into the dredge river...post-300-0-58945000-1310146358_thumb.jpg

some of the rivers (actually many) don't have bridges...just jump in and

take your chances....

Here's the lower end of the stream I was dredging...this one is looking

Eastpost-300-0-08493700-1310146214_thumb.jpgand about two hundred yards

to my right is a "country chicken ranch"....now let's look to the West

post-300-0-70085200-1310146307_thumb.jpg

I've never been without a 4x4 since I was 18, and have had 5 Chevy's, a '91 4x4 Ford Ranger, 2 Dodges and one Toyota.

The Tundra beats them all, hands down. Better ride, better handling and unquestionable dependability.

tree12031001777.jpg

Mike

Dizzy way back when you were 18 wasn't a 4x4 called a horse??? :hahaha: I

need help :evil1: he made me say it!!!

Dizzy way back when you were 18 wasn't a 4x4 called a horse??? :hahaha: I

need help :evil1: he made me say it!!!

Ouch..

Not quite, but close. I'll be a whopping 52 effective this weekend. :olddude:

My horse was reserved for the places the trucks wouldn't/couldn't go. No diesel Tundra's

here in the US (that I know of). The little 4.7 V8 does a righteous job though, and has

never once let me down. It's an '03, and just barely has 115k on her now, so the motor's

just barely broken in.

BTW, that bridge top looks passable, but did you get a good look at the pilings and

framework before you got brave and crossed it? (that sweet looking stream got me to

slobbering all over the keyboard...need a fix, so it's a good thing I'm going sluicing

tomorrow with Denny!)

Mike

Denny ya mite want to put the front lic. back on. they are required here and just give the cops a reason to stop you! Found out the hard way!!LOL

Thanks Wa-au-nut. The front bumper still needs quite a bit of work actually. I'm still debating on where to put the plate..... The truck is hardly street legal as it is, so I don't need any other reasons to get pulled over! Ha ha. Luckily it's just the project truck, and not my daily driver :inocent:

Ouch..

Not quite, but close. I'll be a whopping 52 effective this weekend. :olddude:

(that sweet looking stream got me slobbering all over the keyboard...need a fix, so it's a good thing I'm going sluicing

tomorrow with Denny!)

Mike

Happy 52nd Mike! I'm really looking forward to this saturday. Thanks again for inviting us. My fiance is really looking forward to it as well! Hopefully you get yourself some B-day Au!

Guess the B. day for you Dizzy will be tomorrow so hope you have a happy one....even better hope it's

a golden one....me being 68 means my first three 4x4's were horses....they certainly have their place

but I got enough of them on a daily basics....

That's a gnarly looking fish ya caught there! What's the species? Nice looking nugget too, good work :thumbsupanim

The fish is a "long toothed Payara", they are said to be relatively harmless. With a face like that everything would split the scene so there would nothing to harm.

Gramps

The fish is a "long toothed Payara", they are said to be relatively harmless. With a face like that everything would split the scene so there would nothing to harm.

Gramps

Ha ha! Yeah, they certainly do look like the cerial killer of the fish kingdom! I wouldn't mess with it, if I were a guppy!

Gramps

Ha ha! Yeah, I wouldn't mess with it!! I looks like the serial killer of the fish kingdom :whaaaa:

Guess the B. day for you Dizzy will be tomorrow so hope you have a happy one....even better hope it's

a golden one....me being 68 means my first three 4x4's were horses....they certainly have their place

but I got enough of them on a daily basics....

I'll be putting #68 on the board the 28th of this month and thanks to some of my meds i'm losing some hair a thing that is not normal in my family.

Speaking of front ends I was up a logging road in my S10 2wd day before yesterday checking out a creek when I decided to turn around well as luck would have it (my luck anyway) I got over the lip and didn;'t get to the brake fast enough and thumped the hillside. I bent up bumper busted the grill, not much else at least it's still driveable. Now I have to whip up some kind of bumper for the time being until i can come up with the bread for some replacements. I guess you could call it a senior moment. :olddude:

gramps

:tisk-tisk: 68??? :whaaaa: ya say 68 Garimpo??? :shhhhh: not horses sir :wacko: DINOSAURS :nutty: BUT PUSHING 62 MYSELF NOW :pukes: and where did them last 35 years go as all I remember is :ROFL: GGGGGOOOOOLLLLLDDDD FFFEEEVVVVEEERRRR-tons a au 2 all you youngns-John :WOW:

Yea gramps and HJ don't know how I got so old so darn fast...I don't think old or act old but the

bathroom mirror never lies in the morning and just before bedtime....

I keep seeing old people here with walkers....walking sticks....or just sitting on the porch

starring into space in different stages of rot and I'm determined not to just sit and join

that club....

So again this morning at 0500 it was time to get dressed....feed the dog...make a big thermos

of coffee and head for the hills...in the hills by 0700 at the top of the mountain where I

could see for at least 50 miles in a 270° arc....about 65°....just a whisper of a breeze...

a perfect morning to be glad to be alive and a prospector....even if it requires me to be old...

Got'cha covered on that Garimpo, my wife (6 yrs. younger) thinks I'm slipping my moorings but the way I look at it you're only youg once and I ain't letting go without a fight. There's a time to be serious and then there's the time to kick up ones heels and have a little fun. Although I do seem to be having more of those darn senior moments lately, gotta get a better grip on my child like mind or i won't just be thumping a hillside but driving off a cliff.

Gramps