Nugget Shooter Forums

GPAA Gold Rim #1 La Paz County, AZ

Hi all,

Heading to the somewhat new GPAA claim Gold Rim #1 this coming Friday (really early) until I am cooked well done on both sides.

Plan on just poking around and sampling.

Has anyone been there? Any luck? I never heard of anyone pulling gold out of this area. Not that "not hearing" means anything, but I've lived here a long time.

Anyone bored welcome to come along!

Jim

Aloha Jim,

You should be medium well done if you stay till noon. The heat here in Vegas has taken its toll on a lot of people this year. It seems that Mother Nature has gone ballistic and is now starting to play catch up with the Heat since she gave us such a nice spring.

Good luck my friend and remember to stay hydrated. Let us know how you do out there.

Aloha and stay safe.

Stan aka Kaimi

Hey Jim...Studying the map on that claim it sure looks like an interesting area...Let us know what you find and what you think about the claim and the area in general ...Looks like it's nearly in your back yard...Cheers, Unc

Hey Jim...Studying the map on that claim it sure looks like an interesting area...Let us know what you find and what you think about the claim and the area in general ...Looks like it's nearly in your back yard...Cheers, Unc

Hi!

Yes...in my backyard and know the area pretty good. I know many minerals have been taken from this area, but I have a few long time buddies that have been detecting (got me into it in the 80's) and I never hear any of them pulling gold out of this whole area. That includes the other newer GPAA claims in the area. So, don't know what to expect in regards to gold. Those newer claims have a few folks around here scratching their head! I'll poke around and dig some samples,classify some samples, hit the bigger stones with the detectors and run the cons back here at the house. I'll take come pictures too! Patrick might be coming too, so we'll both look like hamburger by noon time, I am sure. It's currently 4 pm and it is 111.6 degrees here. Darn near warm enough to consider taking off the sweaters.

Jim

Hi!

Yes...in my backyard and know the area pretty good. I know many minerals have been taken from this area, but I have a few long time buddies that have been detecting (got me into it in the 80's) and I never hear any of them pulling gold out of this whole area. That includes the other newer GPAA claims in the area. So, don't know what to expect in regards to gold. Those newer claims have a few folks around here scratching their head! I'll poke around and dig some samples,classify some samples, hit the bigger stones with the detectors and run the cons back here at the house. I'll take come pictures too! Patrick might be coming too, so we'll both look like hamburger by noon time, I am sure. It's currently 4 pm and it is 111.6 degrees here. Darn near warm enough to consider taking off the sweaters.

Jim

We have a couple of GPAA claims here that are nowhere near gold. But they have been in that claims guide for 20 years with the same comments since day one. One is an old silver mine near Kingston with no reported gold production at all. I dont know how many guys have driven several hundred miles to get there. There are holes dug all over the place by GPAA folks "placering". But there never has been a single color panned within 30 miles of the spot.

I hope the area you are looking at has more color than the GPAA "claims" near Kingston.

Hi all!

We are back from out trip to the GPAA Gold Rim #1 claim.

My report, with pictures is in my ScrapBook at Http://desertsunburn.no-ip.org

Enjoy the pics!

Water! I need Water....

Jim