Nugget Shooter Forums

To all 29ers friends and acquaintances

Bob spoke so highly of you all, he considered you family...and now i understand. I can't begin to express my gratitude for your thoughts and prayers and generous gifts. As you can imagine this time has been unbelievably difficult but you all have carried me through what would have been even more devastating. I'm sure he'll take a moment away from prospecting the universe to tap you on the shoulder and cause you to look in an unusual spot to beep or a crazy rock to overturn to bless you all for your kindness with a weird nugget or... (who knows?) the mother load! He loved being out in the desert with everybody. You all made his last years some of his happiest in spite of his disablities and pain. I can't find the words to tell you how much i miss him and always will. I feel lost without him. Our kids have been a tremendous comfort to me and each other, and our four grandkids will miss the funny stories he loved to tell them. I guess we all will miss his stories.

I want to thank you all again for helping our family get through this huge loss. You're the best, sincerely dani

Dani

Bob's friendship was a great treasure

in itself. Non of us has done anything

that he wouldn't have done for us.

Gold comes and goes,but a good friend

will always be in your heart and mind.

Bob was that kind of friend,to a lot of

people.

Greg

Dani,

Bob was a rare man among men, and I'm very sorry for your loss. I will treasure the times we spent together and the drywasher we built out on your back patio. I still remember how surprized we were to find more gold in the final clean up than we had put in to test it with! Now that's a great drywasher!!

And Bob was a great man, and those were the kinds of surprizes you got when you were with him. It always seemed to be better with him around.

I will be keeping both of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Paul

Dani,

Though I never met Bob in person I got to know him a little via this forum, I feel the lost of Bob not being here more than I though was possible, I can only imagine your lost, you are in my prayers and thoughts.

Please if you ever feel at a lost or need some people to talk too come and visit with us again, I know it not as good as having someone there for you to lean on or a shoulder to cry on, but we'll be here if you ever need us.

Skip

I hope the best for your family. I only came out to meet Bob once but I remember thinking when I talked to him on the phone that he was a silly old guy. The truth is we all need to get as excited about the little things as he did. I went out there to learn about prospecting stuff from him. He spent most of the time talking to my daughters about the rocks in his yard. There interest was the fuel for his fire. He was a good man and I am truly sorry I didn't keep in better touch with him.

Hi Dani: As I said in our card, let us know if there is anything more we can do to help you out. Need help with the pool filter, etc? PM or call me, as I have not been able to get you on the phone [bad number?], nor has Lucky Joe. During the last year or so of Bob's life it became apparent to me that continued forays into the field were dangerously risky for his deteriorating conditions. I did not want to contribute to his undoing -- it was a touchy subject that Bob refused to recognize, seriously discuss or deal with. Beyond the sadness of his passing I, of course, valued highly all the times spent together with him in the field and with both of you at your home. Jill and I would like to visit when you are ready again for company. The widow [of Long Beach Dave] also would like to get in touch with you regarding some things Bob borrowed. Hope to hear from you.

Dani glad to help it sad to see some were in to his gold more than the personal gold of his personality he was a he'll of a carectere and rare indeed we all miss his wild vision and happy personality he shared a lot of experiance to anyone who would ask Godspeed mr dunkin

Hi Dani,

Bob was a Great man a legend in his own time !

We all will miss his funny stories, I never laughed so hard. He was a good friend and will be greatly missed. If there is anything that I can do to help please let me know.

God Bless you.

Jon K.

Dani,

There will always be a sense of something missing when I think of how much Bob meant to me. One could not help but like the man! His enthusiasm was infectious, his storytelling was epic and he always took the time necessary(sometimes more than necessary) to impart a little prospecting wisdom. My every conversation with him was enjoyable and I know he was always planning projects for the future right up to the last. There is no one I would rather have had teach me about desert prospecting and to be there when I found my first Dale nugget! Take care and know that Bob will be greatly missed.

Joe