Nugget Shooter Forums

Father's Day fines...

Took the drywasher out Sunday and worked about 4 hours in a spot where with some furious dirt moving a feller can get a little gold most times. I am just scraping off the top layer of soil as well as a couple inches of the rotten bedrock so it is pretty easy digging... Tested each layer and the pay streak is right on and just into the rotted bedrock that can be shoveled without picking first it is so decomposed as is the case in many of the small hillside placer deposits at LSD.

2011-06-18_10-07-42_350.jpg

Not gonna get rich and my little area is just about worked out now, but still a little color (0.7g) is nice...

2011-06-20_06-12-23_445.jpg

Got hot real fast and spent the rest of the day watching the ballgame and hanging out with family.

Just wondering? What made you pick that spot? Was there course Rock of the right stuff?

Howdy homefire, found a patch of small nuggets there years back and there were some old drywasher header piles still visible down stream on the main wash when I found the spot. At LSD I have done well on hillsides above washes worked long ago in some areas. Many of these areas just wasn't rich enough for the "old timers" to keep working it at 20.00 an ounce, but today they sometimes pay a little!