Nugget Shooter Forums

Saturday morning nuggetshooting

frank c

Been waiting to get out on a hunt and had the opportunity today. Snagged these 2 dinks which were down pretty darn deep with a 16"Nuggetfinder SL mono.

First time out with the coil this morning and whispers are what I got using an amp. These 2 pieces were down 10-12 inches at least.

I'm lovin this coil almost as much as the 20 SL I've been using. We started out before sunrise an quit about noon it was getting pretty warm by then.

Beats the skunk fer sure BUT the BIG ONE still eludes me. :inocent:

AAAHHH Maybe this year I'll hear the infamous LOW-HIGH Signal while swingin. :rolleyes:

P.S. Trash to gold ratio was unbelievable this morning I only hit 7 pieces of trash out of 9 targets.

post-562-0-88798300-1308451487_thumb.jpg

I hope you find the big one this year Frank. In the meantime those are a couple nice additions to your dink collection.

Paul

Been waiting to get out on a hunt and had the opportunity today. Snagged these 2 dinks which were down pretty darn deep with a 16"Nuggetfinder SL mono.

First time out with the coil this morning and whispers are what I got using an amp. These 2 pieces were down 10-12 inches at least.

I'm lovin this coil almost as much as the 20 SL I've been using. We started out before sunrise an quit about noon it was getting pretty warm by then.

Beats the skunk fer sure BUT the BIG ONE still eludes me. :inocent:

AAAHHH Maybe this year I'll hear the infamous LOW-HIGH Signal while swingin. :rolleyes:

P.S. Trash to gold ratio was unbelievable this morning I only hit 7 pieces of trash out of 9 targets.

Way to go Frank. That is GOOD hunting! :thumbsupanim

Garimpo, it would make sense to get a 20 if you were thinking about an 18.

This 16 will get into places the 20 won't. Its a bit easier for prolonged use, (I believe) extremely sensitive, and capable of great depth detection.

The 16 and 20 round SL's sizes are a good combo for the arsenal when wanting some large rounds capable of covering ground.