Nugget Shooter Forums

Road Nugget

south fork

I checked out some other roads in that area and found some much smaller nuggets. Dang, thats a beauty! Wish I had kept on looking.

Paul

Really a nice hunk--probably drove over that or others like it--just never took the time

stop and smell the ROSES-- :rolleyes: Great work

:whoope: Righteous color and shape and a great addition to any collection. Funny thing is the Hand of Faith monster on exhibit at the Nugget in Vegas was also found in the road. Kinda reminds me of Edgar Allen Poes Purloined Letter--goodies hidden always in the most ez to find obvious place :brows: thanx much for the gold fix- :zapped: John

That is one nice slug of gold there! I have found my fair share in the roads over the years, but nothing like that one..... Yet.

Man that is one sweet looking hunk!! :thumbsupanim

Congratulations to the finder. Just another reminder that gold is where you find it.

Happy hunting,

Bob

Well, I tried to work out how many times I drove over that one. It wasn't that many. But an absolute fantastic find and it just shows you not to discount anything. If it smells like gold, check it out...

Cheers

Johnno

I've seen a few come from the roads in the past but none like that one.Kudo's to the LUCKY finder :thumbsupanim Mike C...:ninja:

YEAH, I'm gonna quit climbing those dam hills an walkin endlessly thru the desert an just detect roads from now on. But I think I'll need something better than my hermit pick to get thru some of those ashphalt ones :arrowheadsmiley:

Frank,

All I can say is the old timers used to use dynamite... Maybe that's why there are so many pot holes in the roads today?

Paul

Gorgeous find. I'll have to write up the story one day of the one-pound patch found on a road--detected at that patch myself! Many people overlook or simply ignore roads. But, if roads and trails are in gold country, I know I certainly don't. I've seen too much gold come from roads.

All the best,

Lanny

YEAH, I'm gonna quit climbing those dam hills an walkin endlessly thru the desert an just detect roads from now on. But I think I'll need something better than my hermit pick to get thru some of those ashphalt ones :arrowheadsmiley:

Frank do they make a 12V jack-hammer?

The one and only virgin patch that I have ever found was in a road!

Are you still following Randy around.

SF I have no idea what makes you believe I've followed Randy around. I don't have follow anybody around because I find my own gold spots! .

I've hunted with Randy several times and he is a friend of mine (he refers to me as his "competition"). Frankly I'm a little surprised he's been showing people his gold because he's always came across to me as the type of person that prefers to keep his finds hush hush. Does he know your posting pics of his gold on online forums?

Funny thing is, I know he lurks on these forums and he's probably reading this right now.

Nice nugget SF. It would make for a nice necklace if you are into that. Like that of your son hangtown's that was posted on AZO.

BTW, on that AZO forum, did you ever find out why your knee was triggering off metal detectors and airport security, just wondering.

SF I have no idea what makes you believe I've followed Randy around. I don't have follow anybody around because I find my own gold spots! .

I've hunted with Randy several times and he is a friend of mine (he refers to me as his "competition"). Frankly I'm a little surprised he's been showing people his gold because he's always came across to me as the type of person that prefers to keep his finds hush hush. Does he know your posting pics of his gold on online forums?

Funny thing is, I know he lurks on these forums and he's probably reading this right now.

That's not randy's nugget the owner asked me to post the photo's and ask the Question.

I am finding the roads to be a boon as well. Found this piece about 60" from the asphalt and 6" down. About 12 grams with specific gravity test prior to the acid wash.

Found three more nearby.

post-25522-0-07256200-1308836866_thumb.j

Archived