Nugget Shooter Forums

Tesoro Lobo Supertraq Tips.....settings?

Getting ready to head out to northern CA to try to put a few nuggets in the poke. Bought a new Tesoro Lobo ST to take on the ride. Anyone have any suggestions to shorten the learning curve on this particular machine. Good starting point for settings, etc.?

I have had a GB and now have a GBII, but wanted to try the Lobo ST in a side by side, in the gold fields test comparison with the GBII.

Terry, I had sent you a PM......Any ideas to make this thing purrrrrrr??? Northern CA, South Fork of the Salmon region is where I am headed for a few weeks.

Thanks in advance!

Robert

Disc. at the low and Sens. at the high . Good threshold sound and you are good to go . Practically "turn on and go". Now for the difference . GB2 will find smaller gold closer to the surface and the LST will find big gold deeper . Soooo the LST will usually do better in the desert whereas the GB2 will shine working the bedrock cracks along a stream . With that being said the difference is rather small . (I would have said miniscule but I can't spell it). Good luck .

Getting ready to head out to northern CA to try to put a few nuggets in the poke. Bought a new Tesoro Lobo ST to take on the ride. Anyone have any suggestions to shorten the learning curve on this particular machine. Good starting point for settings, etc.?

I have had a GB and now have a GBII, but wanted to try the Lobo ST in a side by side, in the gold fields test comparison with the GBII.

Terry, I had sent you a PM......Any ideas to make this thing purrrrrrr??? Northern CA, South Fork of the Salmon region is where I am headed for a few weeks.

Thanks in advance!

Robert

Hey Robert! Paratrooper pretty much hit it on the head. All Metal mode (discrination does not work in All Metal), Sensitivity around 7. Make sure to ground balance once evey 20-minutes or so - Use a low hum threshold. I don't agree about liitle gold shallow however, as Both the GBII and the LST will fid it - Good Luck!

Thanks guys!!! Can't wait to report back in a few weeks! Hopefully I will have some nug photos to show you!

Since I can't dredge my claims now, this will be strictly a beeping trip. In three full weeks of beeping, I should be able to get a good idea of what both of those detectors would do in a side by side comparison.

Talk to you in a few weeks.............

Robert

I own and luv'm both but must ask a question-what coils do you have,as the smallest coils REALLY rock both machines to a new plan of action and ease of operation. :thumbsupanim John

Hey John,

I have all three coils for the GBII, but only have the stock coil for the LOBO ST. I was thinking small coils for the bedrock cracks, as there is exposed bedrock all along the area I will be detecting.

Does the large coil work well on the GBII???? Any suggestions for that coil's usage?

Thanks,

Robert

Yo Robert...You'll probably find the big (14") GB2 coil too noisy, especially on that serpentine in the area ... I think you'll find the GB2 superior to the LST overall ... It has beat out my MLsd2100 up on that ground... Good luck ... Chances are you'll turn up some nice gold there ... Cheers, Unc

Yo Robert...You'll probably find the big (14") GB2 coil too noisy, especially on that serpentine in the area ... I think you'll find the GB2 superior to the LST overall ... It has beat out my MLsd2100 up on that ground... Good luck ... Chances are you'll turn up some nice gold there ... Cheers, Unc

Thanks Ron! I am gonna PM you.