Nugget Shooter Forums

Addicted to Meteorite Hunting

You know you are a meteorite hunter when...

Everyone you meet appears to have tentacles growing out of places that you wouldn't expect tentacles to be growing from.

You start out each morning with a 30-minute jog around the bathroom looking down at the floor expecting to find a meteorite.

You write to your mother in Germany every week, even though she sends you mail from Iowa asking why you never write.

Every time you see a street sign, you have a tremendous urge to relieve yourself on it.

You wear your boxers on your head because you heard it will ward of evil dandruff spirits.

You're always having to apologize to your next door neighbour for digging holes in his lawn.

Every commercial you hear on the radio reminds you of Gold Basin.

People stay away from you whenever they hear you howl.

Your breath smells more and more like rabbit turds each passing day.

Nobody listens to you anymore, because they can't understand you through that scuba mask.

You begin to stop and consider all of the rocks you've stepped overn, and worry that they were actually meteorites.

You have meaningful conversations with your metal detector.

Your father pretends you don't exist, just to play along with your little illusion.

You collect hot rocks.

Every time the phone rings, you shout, "Hey! An angel just got its wings!"

You like cats.

You cry at the end of every episode of the Meteorite Men.

You put tennis balls in the microwave to see if they'll hatch.

You have a predominant fear of fabric softener.

Your dentist asks you why each individual tooth has your name etched on it, and you tell him it's for security reasons.

Fruit cake excites you because it reminds you of a pallesite.

When the waiter asks for your order, you ask to go into another room to tell him because "the napkins have ears."

You tend to agree with everything your mother's dead uncle tells you.

You argue with yourself about which is better, to be eaten by a koala or to be loved by an infectious disease.

You like to sit in cornfields for prolonged periods of time, and pretend that you're a stalk.

You try to make a list of the Warning Signs of meteorite hunting addiction. (cough)

People offer you help, but you unfortunately interpret this as a violation of your rights.

You despise the voices in your head, especially the one that speaks only Hindi.

You see migrating flocks of ducks in the fall and only your attachment to the toaster keeps you from joining them.

The person you always talk to is invisible to everyone but you.

You like reading lists like this.

raspberry[1].gifhappy0193[1].gif

More tests to see if one is addicted to meteorites:

1) Do you watch the road shoulder for suspicious looking rocks as you drive on the highway and you nearly cause an accident?

2) Do you browse the internet for meteorites more than paying attention to what your wife is saying?

3) Do you think you found a meteorite with glassy fusion crust and you shout for joy but wake up to find you were dreaming?

4) Do you think they should censor the internet for the word "meteorite"?

5) Are you turning your child into a meteorite collector when all he likes is Lego?

6) Do meteorites detract you from having normal relations?

7) Have you lost weight due to meteorite craving?

8) Do you think it's a sin to be so obsessed with those space rocks?

9) Do you believe meteorites are God's best creation?

10) You wonder whatever got you to love women when there were meteorites instead?

If you answered yes to any of the above questions you are a crazy..........like me and are very obsessed and addicted with those space............

Signed,

A hopeless meteorite addict.

You know you are a meteorite hunter when...

Everyone you meet appears to have tentacles growing out of places that you wouldn't expect tentacles to be growing from.

You start out each morning with a 30-minute jog around the bathroom looking down at the floor expecting to find a meteorite.

You write to your mother in Germany every week, even though she sends you mail from Iowa asking why you never write.

Every time you see a street sign, you have a tremendous urge to relieve yourself on it.

You wear your boxers on your head because you heard it will ward of evil dandruff spirits.

You're always having to apologize to your next door neighbour for digging holes in his lawn.

Every commercial you hear on the radio reminds you of Gold Basin.

People stay away from you whenever they hear you howl.

Your breath smells more and more like rabbit turds each passing day.

Nobody listens to you anymore, because they can't understand you through that scuba mask.

You begin to stop and consider all of the rocks you've stepped overn, and worry that they were actually meteorites.

You have meaningful conversations with your metal detector.

Your father pretends you don't exist, just to play along with your little illusion.

You collect hot rocks.

Every time the phone rings, you shout, "Hey! An angel just got its wings!"

You like cats.

You cry at the end of every episode of the Meteorite Men.

You put tennis balls in the microwave to see if they'll hatch.

You have a predominant fear of fabric softener.

Your dentist asks you why each individual tooth has your name etched on it, and you tell him it's for security reasons.

Fruit cake excites you because it reminds you of a pallesite.

When the waiter asks for your order, you ask to go into another room to tell him because "the napkins have ears."

You tend to agree with everything your mother's dead uncle tells you.

You argue with yourself about which is better, to be eaten by a koala or to be loved by an infectious disease.

You like to sit in cornfields for prolonged periods of time, and pretend that you're a stalk.

You try to make a list of the Warning Signs of meteorite hunting addiction. (cough)

People offer you help, but you unfortunately interpret this as a violation of your rights.

You despise the voices in your head, especially the one that speaks only Hindi.

You see migrating flocks of ducks in the fall and only your attachment to the toaster keeps you from joining them.

The person you always talk to is invisible to everyone but you.

You like reading lists like this.

raspberry[1].gifhappy0193[1].gif

Here are my symptoms:

• Whenever you see a "suspicious black rock" on the median or the side of the road, you pull over to investigate.... just incase it's a fresh fall.

• Your wife's "dream vacation" is somewhere tropical that has a fancy hotel and room service. Your dream vacation is wandering around some part of a god forsaken desert and camping in a tent or staying at a cheap motel.

• 98% of your friends are also meteorite hunters.

• You have already planned your meteorite hunting trips for the next 6 months.

• You pray every day...... that a bolide will come blazing out of the sky.... within a 100 miles of your location.

• You would rather be researching meteorite locations on Google Earth than watch TV.

• Meteorites you have found out number the pictures of your family on display on your fireplace mantle.

• The Met-List is the first thing you check in the morning, and the last thing you check before you go to bed.

Anybody else "guilty" of these? ;)

Dale Romero

www.findameteorite.com

Hi Dale,

Oh yeah! I'm definately there. When I can't go to one of the strewnfields, I hunt for coldfinds in the desert near town. Or read meteorite books, or go through my found meteorites, or my collected meteorites, or look at them with my digital microscope, or photograph them, or go to all the meteorite forums, or research other areas to hunt meteorites. It's a serious case of meteorite-itis, and getting sicker all the time.

Ben

It's hilarious how all meteorite hunters share some of the same symptoms!

Here are my symptoms:

• Whenever you see a "suspicious black rock" on the median or the side of the road, you pull over to investigate.... just incase it's a fresh fall.

• Your wife's "dream vacation" is somewhere tropical that has a fancy hotel and room service. Your dream vacation is wandering around some part of a god forsaken desert and camping in a tent or staying at a cheap motel.

• 98% of your friends are also meteorite hunters.

• You have already planned your meteorite hunting trips for the next 6 months.

• You pray every day...... that a bolide will come blazing out of the sky.... within a 100 miles of your location.

• You would rather be researching meteorite locations on Google Earth than watch TV.

• Meteorites you have found out number the pictures of your family on display on your fireplace mantle.

• The Met-List is the first thing you check in the morning, and the last thing you check before you go to bed.

Anybody else "guilty" of these? ;)

Dale Romero

www.findameteorite.com

• 2 weeks later...

OMG! I haven't even found one yet and I'm already suffering from these conditions. That must mean it only gets worse!!!!!!

My friends at work are always asking me "why are you always looking at the ground!" And the side of the road thing..... I catch myself doing it all the time!!!! LOL

Congratulations, you are now suffering from "meteoritis"! :ROFL:

OMG! I haven't even found one yet and I'm already suffering from these conditions. That must mean it only gets worse!!!!!!

My friends at work are always asking me "why are you always looking at the ground!" And the side of the road thing..... I catch myself doing it all the time!!!! LOL

Congratulations, you are now suffering from "meteoritis"! :ROFL:

Maybe I'll get lucky on the Holbrook trip next month. Then I will really have METEORITIS ! :zapped:

Well ya'll, I live in the middle of the desert here about 30 miles SW of Tucson.No city,nobody lives within a half mile of me and thats my mother.So just about everyday I can't walk to my truck,car or any out buildings without looking at the ground and still picking up every rock for the 1,000,000 th time.It takes me half an hour to take the trash 20 feet to the trailer and back to the deck to check my whatevers.

• 2 weeks later...

And oh don't forget two meteowrongs don't make a meteorite.

Just injecting some more meteorite addiction and raving mad sayings. :ROFL:

If someone meteowronged you, you don't have to meteowrong him back, just meteorite him....... :arrowheadsmiley: