Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dizzy

Don't be a lurker!

Phew ... glad that you have come to your senses Mike! :inocent: Nice try and I do give you an A+ for effort. :thumbsupanim

Mike F

Guilty…I have been a member for about two months and been ghosting this site for another 6. I have all of one post to show for it. I have learned a lot from the members here, which is why I visit this site almost daily.

My first outing, with a gold pan and a Keene A52, was in Feb., 09. I've been going at it since. I correct people when they claim that I got the “gold fever”. My simple explanation to them is that I used to hunt big game. Some of the best hunts I had did not include getting an animal, but the 10 to 14 days out in the hills, seeing what you see, no phone, no t.v. and no people other than the ones you invited. Prospecting allows me to do that every weekend, without having to draw tags. I think I speak for most here when I say we enjoy the hard work, with that reward at the end of the day of a little, some days more, yellow in the bottom of the pan. Those weekends we do get skunked, we just determine to hit it harder the next time.

Since Feb. of 09 the collection has grown to a Keene 151 drywasher, Proline 2 ½” combo, Proline 3” dredge, RDH mini-highbanker , Royal drywasher, Gold Bug II, Harbor Freight 1 ¼ cu. ft. electric mixer, Honda generator and lights for the summer night digging. Ohhhh and about a gram of gold… :inocent:. Just got the Royal and took it out for the first time, last weekend. I was very happy with it. Come next water season, here in AZ, I am going to have to hit a couple of the Proline experts on the site for getting my 3” set up correctly.

Well, anyway, nice to meet you all,

-Joe

Guilty…I have been a member for about two months and been ghosting this site for another 6. I have all of one post to show for it. I have learned a lot from the members here, which is why I visit this site almost daily.

My first outing, with a gold pan and a Keene A52, was in Feb., 09. I've been going at it since. I correct people when they claim that I got the “gold fever”. My simple explanation to them is that I used to hunt big game. Some of the best hunts I had did not include getting an animal, but the 10 to 14 days out in the hills, seeing what you see, no phone, no t.v. and no people other than the ones you invited. Prospecting allows me to do that every weekend, without having to draw tags. I think I speak for most here when I say we enjoy the hard work, with that reward at the end of the day of a little, some days more, yellow in the bottom of the pan. Those weekends we do get skunked, we just determine to hit it harder the next time.

Since Feb. of 09 the collection has grown to a Keene 151 drywasher, Proline 2 ½” combo, Proline 3” dredge, RDH mini-highbanker , Royal drywasher, Gold Bug II, Harbor Freight 1 ¼ cu. ft. electric mixer, Honda generator and lights for the summer night digging. Ohhhh and about a gram of gold… :inocent:. Just got the Royal and took it out for the first time, last weekend. I was very happy with it. Come next water season, here in AZ, I am going to have to hit a couple of the Proline experts on the site for getting my 3” set up correctly.

Well, anyway, nice to meet you all,

-Joe

Good to have ya aboard Joe!

Hi Joe...hate to tell you this but you either have a bad case of "gold fever" or your going to start

your own gold equipment business....welcome!!

5200+ members, 37 views and not a single response. Guess I got my answer. :grr01:

DIZZY

I have made posts,had well over 100 lookey loos and 1 or 2 if any replys at all

I don't say it is but it seems that if you are not in with the groupies ya all

don't get much responce!!

We should all thank Bill for this great sight..

Rodd

Howdy Joe...welcome! howdy.gif

DIZZY I have made posts,had well over 100 lookey loos and 1 or 2 if any replys at all

I don't say it is but it seems that if you are not in with the groupies ya all

don't get much response!!

We should all thank Bill for this great sight..

Rodd

Bill knows he has a great site, and probably doesn't want or need us blowing sunshine in his

ear all the time (gives him a big coil..LOL). Still, this is a great place, and we appreciate all you do Bill! beer.gif

Any forum site is only as good as the content the members (cumulative) post, so anything new

is always good. Yes, there are clique's here, just like on any site, but us "non-cliquers"

shouldn't feel a bit intimidated by the "Old Boys Club". The site is for everyone, not just a select few. elitistssuck.jpg

Mike

I just joined this site today and am posting this. I am brand new to gold prospecting but know a lot about many things. Some sites suggest that someone lurk for awhile to get a feel of how the forum works, but I just like to jump right in.

At some forums I ask a question and many are upset that they do not know the answer. Even though I am new to gold prospecting, I do have a lot of experience with chemistry so I like that this site has subscripts and superscripts unlike most forums that I have been to. That way people can write things like the chemical formula for water is H2O or that ozone is O3. Or they can write that 5 x 5 is 52.

So I guess that I should avoid asking the question that upsets people. But since this makes people curious I will tell you the question in case you are curious. The question is why is a an ounce of gold heavier than an ounce of blueberries. :)

If someone lurks then they can never be wrong or make a mistake. The saying about this is "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to be speak out and remove all doubt." But with a computer you can instantly check on anything that you want to say and give a source for it. I guess that by joining this forum through Twitter, I did not have to wait for approval.

Howdy Chuck, and welcome to the site...howdy.gif

People got upset at such a simple question?

Now, I believe you have a rather scientific mind, therefore the odds are quite high

that you already know the answer to your question.. :inocent:

So I guess that I should avoid asking the question that upsets people. But since this makes

people curious I will tell you the question in case you are curious. The question is why is

a an ounce of gold heavier than an ounce of blueberries. :)

Gold, Silver and other precious metals are measured in Troy Ounces, and Blueberries

are measured in Avoirdupois

1 Avoirdupois ounce equals 28.350 grams, and 1 Troy ounce equals 31.103 grams.

Could it be that, considering your experience in chemistry and science, and already

knew the answer, that perhaps they did not understand your reason for asking the

question? BTW, why did you ask? :eee:

Most scientific characters are available in the Character Map that is included with most

Windows operating systems. Comes in handy when discussing ore in m³

Mike

Thanks again guys, cliques? They will not let me in either :yuk-yuk: Don't think we have that do we? You mean like a frat party where everyone is in small groups in all the rooms and you are alone in the hall trying to be cool? Not that I would know :inocent:

Howdy Chuck, and welcome to the site...howdy.gif

People got upset at such a simple question?

Now, I believe you have a rather scientific mind, therefore the odds are quite high

that you already know the answer to your question.. :inocent:

Gold, Silver and other precious metals are measured in Troy Ounces, and Blueberries

are measured in Avoirdupois

1 Avoirdupois ounce equals 28.350 grams, and 1 Troy ounce equals 31.103 grams.

Could it be that, considering your experience in chemistry and science, and already

knew the answer, that perhaps they did not understand your reason for asking the

question? BTW, why did you ask? :eee:

Most scientific characters are available in the Character Map that is included with most

Windows operating systems. Comes in handy when discussing ore in m³

Mike

@whizkid7

They are upset with the answer, not the question. I make it clear that I am asking the question to see what people know like a poll. People are upset since they are sure they weigh the same. They are absolutely sure so when they learn that it is wrong, it destroys their reality. For example you know something your whole life and find out it was wrong.

Also there is ego. I know someone that when he is right, he is happy. When he is wrong, he is very, very upset. Also when someone is wrong or makes a mistake, they think that they are stupid. I see this all of the time.

I do not know anyone that has never made a mistake. To be wrong can hurt self-esteem since self-esteem in the U.S. is not very good. I have never heard of the charactor map. I have Windows 7. Where is the charactor map located? In other words I need a map to get to the charactor map.

I like to learn about others and what they know and how they think. For example I have learned that if you ask people if a quote (that is in both places) is in this part of the bible (I use it since it has chapter and verse) or another part, giving chapter and verse, they do not consider that it could be in both places. So most will say that it is in the first one (since they checked) and not in the second one (since they did not check).

How you would think that people (Americans) would feel about a young super genius, especially geniuses? If you guessed that they would hate him and want to kill him, then you are right! Can you guess the reason?

Gregory Smith is a super genius. His IQ is too high to be measured (off the charts). http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?pagename=article&contentId=A16604-2002Jan8&notFound=true

The first death threat, veiled in a poem, came when he was 8 years old. This is a song for the genius child. Sing it softly, for the song is wild, it began. Gregory Smith recognized the Langston Hughes verse from his honors high school English class; the sender was almost certainly a classmate. The gifted students were the worst, seething with jealousy over the little boy who had suddenly infiltrated their elite ranks, merrily hopscotching from second grade to ninth in a single year. Teachers took Greg off the grading curve to quell the resentment.

My 887 page book on Windows 7, has info on charactor map on page 291. To get to it (Start->All Programs->Accessories->System Tools). I do have a book by a Harvard psychologist about flaws in the human brain. For example which is a better deal-- an item for $20 or the same item elsewhere for $20. If the first one was $15 and they raised the price to $20 and the same item elsewhere was $25 and they lowered it to $20, experiments showed that people thought the 2nd one was a better deal.

Chuck,

I don't have Windows 7, but on my version of Windows, you would find the Character Map by "All Programs", "Accessories", "System Tools" and "Character Map" would be there.

Skip

And thanks All for your support. Trying to be biggest or most active in the forum world has never been the goal. Comradeship and education have and I think we are getting it done here at Nugget Shooter.

As a noob myself, albeit studious, the site works great. The pro's and oldtimers that chime in on my questions have nearly flattened my learning curve. I think its not surprising to see most people lurk. Good prospectors seem to be good observers (particularly noobs). More time observing means less time putting in your own 2 cents.

Chuck,

I don't have Windows 7, but on my version of Windows, you would find the Character Map by "All Programs", "Accessories", "System Tools" and "Character Map" would be there.

Skip

Dito for W7!!!!

I often wonder how a great site such as NuggetShooter can have over 5200 registered members,

but there are maybe 50 members that are the regular posters. That is about 1% of the total

registered members, meaning that there are hundreds of people that visit the site daily, and take

advantage of the information that is there, but do not submit any of their own.

What makes this site great is the shared information, and while I am sure folks are always

welcome to browse, the site could be even better if those of you that are "lurkers" would also

contribute some of your wisdom to the site. Bill has put a lot of time and his own energy into

the site, so if you are a lurker then let him know you appreciate it by sharing some of your

own experiences.

No need to make a million posts, but if a site is to have great info then it needs input

from the whole of the membership, not from just a select few!

Just my :twocents:

Mike

p.s.: If there's a reason you don't post, let Bill know and maybe he can fix the

problem for you.

Hi Mike and all

I'm new to this forum and nuggetshooting so that i have much more to learn than to say for the moment. I've joint the forum hoping to learn and tell you about nuggetshooting in Africa someday but i feel like beeing part of another world, like if i could never be a normal forumer just like you or should i say, just like a developped country citizen. I wonder why used detectors sellers don't want to deal with me if not because i'm from Africa. I've been looking for a SD2100/2200 machine for a while on e-Bay and other forums uncessesfully not because of lack of opportunities but the owners either don't answer my messages and calls or very kindly tell me they don't ship to Africa. Please let them know that i can pay for it and its shipping, i can pay with credit card or Pay Pal, what else do they want to allow me deal with them? Hope it's not my last post.

Leroy

I lurk around the sites because being in Wisconsin the only big gold is the blocks of cheese and cheese don't beep

We were going to Nugget Lake in WI(5 hours away) in June it has really fine gold and not much but it's fun to get any gold this was going to be 1st time there

but end of May sister in law fell shattered both bone in low leg going to be living with us all summer

there goes to trip

But the last 2 years we have been coming out to AZ and staying at Congress North Ranch camp ground

Been poking around with MD's and recirculater found a little fines

Question being would anyone be willing to show us around if we come this next winter I have found that anyone at the camp will not share with anyone else

I am a gpaa and weaver member but cann't seem to find locals that work the area and willing to teach not asking for anyones gold haven just some place that you went and found a nugget or 2 so I know at least I have a chance and in the right area

I'll keep lurking around and learning if I have any story I surely will share them

THE GOOD THING; the sister in laws leg beeps HAHAHA

Roger

Welcome Roger R

I know what you mean,I don't know what's up with people it's not like they have just made

a major gold strike or something and don't want anybody to find out!!!! I've seen people

at Quartzite work a day and a half,seen how much they recovered drywashing,not much I have

panned more in one pan where I live then their 1-1/2 days.

I am usually up around Stanton in February if you are I would be more than happy to help

you..Do you have a quad or meqns of getting around off road so to speak?

Rodd

Rod

I have a 4x4 pick up that think it is a atv

cactus racing stripes all the way down on both sides

if I get to AZ this year I'll give you a beep

thanks

Roger

ps. still not asking for their honey holes just everyone tells everyone to go under the power lines on weavers claim they are finding gold there

seen lots of people under those wires and alot of junk

but thats the best info I got

It would also be nice to go with someone to talk and keep me pumped up that there really is some nuggets out there or at least see someone else find one would be fun

Roger

OK, so not sure where to post this and really not sure if it needs it own thread so i will drop it here and see what happens.

anyone here associated with or use the mapping program from GoldMapsOnline????

Picked up the Montana map and it seems to be a very nice layout on Google Earth. It's nice to see whats active, owner, how long its been claimed ect... Oldest active i have found in Montana is 1901.

anyone else use it, wondering if California, Arizona are as good.

Anyone else got at Favorite they use?

I have the AZ one and use it sometimes...

Dizzy and all

The forum has many moods.

You happen to have dropped into one of the quieter ones.

I think you would get a laugh at how the forum goes nuts with posts when, for instance, a new detector comes out..

There are some people on here who lurk that you wouldn't want posting too often, they are short tempered, stubborn, mean

and hilarious (ha ha ha), but the last thing they want is to be "called out" for lurking.

Many times these folks' rare posts are well worth waiting for.

I have learned most of what I know about detecting from this forum and its members - some of whom are friends now.

The hallmark of this hobby is patience; you'll be rewarded, with posts and perhaps even gold.

All the best,

Flak