Nugget Shooter Forums

You're out Nugget Shooting when..

So, you're out beeping for gold nuggets in a spot that you have researched for months, and taken a lot of time and trouble to get to. You get a signal, just a whisper really, but enough to make you stop and scrape the dirt with the toe of your boot. Yep, its a target! You dig down 11" and this pops out. What would YOU do?

post-22152-0-27050700-1307117909_thumb.j

So, you're out beeping for gold nuggets in a spot that you have researched for months, and taken a lot of time and trouble to get to. You get a signal, just a whisper really, but enough to make you stop and scrape the dirt with the toe of your boot. Yep, its a target! You dig down 11" and this pops out. What would YOU do?

post-22152-0-27050700-1307117909_thumb.j

Secure the area and immediately inform law enforcement and whatever other agencies have

jurisdiction over that patch of ground. It could be some ancient burial ground, or it could

be the remains of a murder victim that a loved one has been searching for.

:twocents:

Mike

That looks to be pretty old, and the gold appears to have been applied to the teeth for adornment, not to fill a cavity. I'd have put it right back in the hole, covered it up, and moved on. Definitely a creepy find, but it really gets the imagination going too.

Rick

Terry, that is a predicament right there.

If there were any more signs of remains, I might feel the need to contact law enforcement. If the remains were found in a water washed area and no more was found, I might figure that it was washed down from wherever. Tough call anyway you look at it.

regards,

Chris

Ok now 99% of you cant say you would look how much gold is in the teeth... :inocent:

After sayin' a prayer I would do the same as Dizzy.When "THE MAN" showed up I would holler DIBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

I would put that nasty grill in my pocket and make sure to cover the hole. It would take a place on my shelf between David Parker Ray's pistol and the knuckle bones I dug up in Skeleton Canyon.

Just another gang banger who lost. Nothing to lose much sleep over.

Fascinating find! An archeologists dream, I imagine.

You might be obligated to turn it in to the authorities now that it has been publicly displayed, unless it was found on private property. Of course, no one at this point can say it wasn't found on private prop.

It's either something for the mantle or something for the museum.

I think I would probably tell the authoritys in the area but then you would probably be a suspect so........ dont know if i would want the third degre why i was out there in the first place. Also if the remains are over 50 years old you could get a ticket for digging them up..... lol

Hi Terry,

Not sure if this helps, but I found an article about the cultural adornment of teeth. Not sure of the age of your find, but I would take it to an anthropologist at ASU or whatever big university you are near (I'm assuming Arizona). Here is the article, go about halfway down to the section "intentional modification of teeth sections IV and V". Typically, Jade, gold, pyrite or other stones would be inset into teeth depending on tribal status. Either you have a museum piece, or as mentioned earlier, a gang banger with a bad dentist.

http://www.uic.edu/classes/osci/osci590/6_1TheCulturalModificationOfTeeth.htm

Great find by the way - creepy doesn't begin to describe it.

Keep us posted on what you find out...

Jeff

What a mess-out havn' a lil' fun and life gets all complicated. I'd call the cops so ya don't have any problems later. Could be a gangbanger, wetback, smuggler gone bad or someones missing kid????? Convaluted mess and I sure hope that pic doesn't have the info imbedded in it as to time,date and where???--Hmmm gonna look--what a double edged sword nowadays--John :twocents:

You are such a trouble maker, Terry...just kidding

take the gold leave the choppers

fred

:inocent: You're right Fred! :rasberry: :hahaha: The photograph is of a find in an ancient grave in the Ukraine. What got me to thinking about this again, was the recent discovery of several bodies that were apparently dumped by different killers, along a stretch of Long Island that I now detect frequently. I was talking to some friends about beach hunting out there and the question came up, "What would you do if you found a gold ring still on a skeleton finger?" Detecting in Germany, this actually happened to a friend of mine. It was a Soviet soldier. The remains were recovered and returned to the Soviet Union. Honestly, I still don't know what I would really do in the scenerio I created. :whaaaa: I just don't know :zapped:

Mr. Garimpo, lets see a pic of your smile. Remember, silence and not smiling anymore for the camera is not a bad idea. :yuk-yuk: Terry might find you some day.

Terry, I had a bad night mare because of this post. :yuk-yuk: :olddude: I'm staying away from that stanton cemetary from now on. :WOW:

Thanks to you, :yuk-yuk:

Billygoat