Nugget Shooter Forums

I have worn out the neoprene on the handle and for the life of me cannot figure out how to replace it without the use of force? Anyone got an answer ?

How about a couple of pics of the project? Not being a GPX owner, I'm not sure what your dilemma is.

You might try some very hot water to soften the material?

Patrick.....

OK a bit more of an explanation. The handle with the ground balance button is covered with a neoprene foam kind of like a handle bar grip. I have torn it and worn part out. I do have a replacement but to get it on, I would have to pry off the thingamajigs that hold the strap, there must be a better way. I don't want to just cut off the old one without a good plan to replace it.

The top strap retainer will come off by slowly working it back and forth over the flange around the GB button. It's a tight fit but it'll come off. Once you have the top of the strap off, pull the side of the foam out away from the inner plastic handle and spray a little water/liquid soap mixture to the inside of the foam. Rotate the foam and it should lubricate it enough to slide off easily. Spray a little lube on the new foam and slide it over the handle. Work the strap retainer back over the flange aorund the button and you're done. Let the foam dry and it'll stay in place.

BTW, no tools are required to do this repair. Use your thumb. Hold the grip with the coil pointing away from you. Place the tip of your thumb under the strap retainer and push up, like you're trying to pop the top off a beer bottle.

The top strap retainer will come off by slowly working it back and forth over the flange around the GB button. It's a tight fit but it'll come off. Once you have the top of the strap off, pull the side of the foam out away from the inner plastic handle and spray a little water/liquid soap mixture to the inside of the foam. Rotate the foam and it should lubricate it enough to slide off easily. Spray a little lube on the new foam and slide it over the handle. Work the strap retainer back over the flange aorund the button and you're done. Let the foam dry and it'll stay in place.

BTW, no tools are required to do this repair. Use your thumb. Hold the grip with the coil pointing away from you. Place the tip of your thumb under the strap retainer and push up, like you're trying to pop the top off a beer bottle.

Yup that's how ya do it Steve....

Thanks for the help.....

Thanks for the help.....

It worked perfect, no lubing required! It's like brand new......Now I'm really gonna find some nuggets!