Nugget Shooter Forums

The fools rush in!

Here's a few pics for your entertainment.

Packin!!!

102_4188.jpg

A peek at the areas to be sampled this summer. This hairpin turn looks promising. Pic taken looking west.

Jake10Nome525.jpg

The same turn looking east(from the finger of rock)

Jake10Nome495-Copy.jpg

This pic was taken at the same spot as the last, but looking north. If your eyes are ok, you can just make out the top of an old bucket chain dredge. They were headed my way...and never made it. Bad luck for them, hopefully good for me!

Jake10Nome492.jpg

same shot zoomed out

Jake10Nome489-Copy.jpg

Got beat to this hole! Did take some color out of sample right behing the bedrock(top leftish of pic) you can see where i started digging.

Jake10Nome500.jpg

Thats ok cause there is lots more bedrock to check.

Jake10Nome497.jpg

This spot also interests me.

Jake10Nome499.jpg

I'm headed North, i'll update this thread as i can(when we come into Nome on supply runs)with new pics!

Thank you to everyone on this forum, i've managed to learn a thing or two, and even laughed a few times!

Bill S. You've got a good forum here, and i think a good bunch of folks. Thank you and please keep it up!

Everyone have a great summer, and may your pan overflow with gold!

Great pics... especially that one with the deep hole in it. Even though the "other guys" beat

you to that spot, it still would make a great swimmin' hole to jump into when the heat and

black flies get to be unbearable. :inocent:

Gonna miss you around here Dave! Good luck to you this Summer, and be sure to take LOTS of

pics for the rest of us to drool over. Looks like you are well prepared to get 'er done in

fine fashion...beer.gif

Mike

Thanks Dave. I really enjoyed your pics.

I hope you have a great summer dredging.

Think of me in August when it will be 115 - 120 here in Lake Havasu.

Best of luck, and be safe,

Patrick.....

Dave -Have you seen the new SPOT Connect? It works with a smart phone. You can text out via satellite for 10 cents per text, and if you get hurt and need help you can SOS out, with the push of a button and they send in the Calvary to save you. Thanks for the pics, have a great summer. Dave

Man, that looks like the kind of adventure that most of us can only dream about. Be safe and find a lot of gold.

Rick

Dave; I'll look into that spot connect, i get free incoming messages on the sat phone, but outgoing mssgs are .50 a pop. Get my free incoming from Iridium and .10 outgoing through spot...hmmmmmmmm .40 a message is a big savings. thanks for the tip.

I'll keep this thread updated like i promised( probably every couple o weeks or so).

THANK YOU for the best wishes!!! I may not find a giant nugget.... but i'll be happy to procure a bunch of little ones :yuk-yuk:

Well i need to get busy, so we can afford to spend our winter in AZ this year :brows:

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of updates!!!! Its been...hectic, exciting, exhausting, beautiful and miserable!

My partner and I, and all our gear arrived safely in Nome. We then got stopped 10 miles shy of my claims by high water and lingering snow! :angry-smiley-010[1]: Our stuff is tarped up in a fellow miners yard( Thank you very much!)waiting for the rivers to come down. We'll try again in about a week.

Had a bit of good news though! Found the previous owner of the claims, and he was very helpful. He gave me all kinds of useful tidbits and history. The reason why he didn't develop? $380.00 an oz gold. To much overburden for the price. He did say almost all the gold is big and bright, with very little fines. He also mentioned cleaning a patch of bedrock about the size of a toyota p/up bed...in one day... and taking away appox 5 oz :WOW:

In all the time he owned it, he ran a borrowed Minelab over it only once...and got a nugget just a bit bigger than a thumbnail. There is alot of exposed bedrock that is waiting to be worked over with a beeper...if we can get there :grr01:

Here are a few pics of East beach and the Kougarok area.

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

Hey Dave are you taking a beeper in with you? If so what kind? Are you traveling ONLY on ATV's?

Sure is beautiful country without the white stuff and the BLACK FLIES.......oh yea and the

misquotes....be careful about talking about that big chunky yellow gold in the stream...you'll

start a stampede....

GOOD LUCK!!!

Hey Dave are you taking a beeper in with you? If so what kind? Are you traveling ONLY on ATV's?

Sure is beautiful country without the white stuff and the BLACK FLIES.......oh yea and the

misquotes....be careful about talking about that big chunky yellow gold in the stream...you'll

start a stampede....

GOOD LUCK!!!

Yep ATV is the only way to access the area... unless you want to ride in a chopper@ $750.00 an hour.

And definate yes on the beeper, got my trusty GMT for detector duty. My partner also has his GB II. Mineralization is not too bad, so hopefully the vlf's will do the trick. I can send for my TDI if a PI is needed.

As far as a stampede... who knows, but the skeeters would probably run most folks off.

if not that, then the expense will thin the herd even further. Those with enough grit to last... would deserve what their hard work brought them! Even in Alaska, huge as it is, good ground is hard to come by. Mediocre ground is even hard to get! I did a tremendous amount of research, and spent alot of $$$ to get what little I have. Anyone with the same determination and fortitude is welcome to be my neighbor! As far as unfriendly folks? We know how to deal with those.

Dave your sure right about the skeeters....when I was up there I believe I ran into "skeeter

team 6"....

Sure is beautiful country in your photos....how far total are you traveling on the way in on

the ATV's? How many hours would it be getting in by helo? A sling with all your gear(ATV's also)under

a helo might be the way to go if the gold was good.....

Take care....

Love those grand adventures for recovering the yellow metal. Thanks so much for the update. When I spent the summer working in AK at a remote fishing lodge (1990) the owner of the lodge said for us to be a bit frugal because the average price to get anything at all to the lodge was $3.50 a pound. I can only guess how much it cost to get each and every thing to your claim!