Nugget Shooter Forums

Meteorite and Gold today at the Basin

Had the day off from work, so I got out to Gold Basin today. Found a 50 gram meteorite, and a 2.6 gram gold nugget. While gridding and searching for the other half of the meteorite, about 25 feet away, I found the gold nugget about 6 inches down inbetween some caliche, it almost blew my ears off using the Commander 12x15 mono coil... man that coil rocks, its so quiet, and responds great to meteorites and gold. Its gonna get hot soon, trying to get out as much as I can before it does.

Dave

post-1046-0-62073800-1306212193_thumb.jp

post-1046-0-75039400-1306212212_thumb.jp

Had the day off from work, so I got out to Gold Basin today. Found a 50 gram meteorite, and a 2.6 gram gold nugget. While gridding and searching for the other half of the meteorite, about 25 feet away, I found the gold nugget about 6 inches down inbetween some caliche, it almost blew my ears off using the Commander 12x15 mono coil... man that coil rocks, its so quiet, and responds great to meteorites and gold. Its gonna get hot soon, trying to get out as much as I can before it does.

Dave

Dave - A Two-For! Way to go! :thumbsupanim Not a bad day off at all - Wow! Thank's for the pics, you made my day (well, at least I stopped crying from watching Allen's Marine Vid!). :D

Dave

Awesome! The best of both worlds!!

Jim

Aloha Dave,

Nice finds out at Gold Basin and a twofer to boot!:thumbsupanim

I am having withdrawals not having my GMT but should be getting it back sometime this week from Whites. Yep the coil had a loose wire and they were surprised I was able to find anything with it. I guess persistence and stubborness pays off sometimes.

Aloha and see you out there soon.

Stan aka Kaimi

Pretty good day off from work.Congrats :thumbsupanim

Great job Dave, nice nugget to top off your day. Hard work does pay off, when you are out in the fields...!

Not to take anything away from your finds, but I think we all better watch out when Stan gets the GMT back, if he had a broken wire.

Thanks everyone !!!

Your right Rick, (seas3to5) when Stan does get his GMT back from Whites he will be taking over making up for lost time. He will be impressed with Whites work I am sure. I recently sent my dads whites xlt in 2 months ago and just got it back, and Whites made it like new, and even with new coil, they may take a little while to get the work done, but its worth the wait. It would be great to have a meteorite outing sometime.

Dave

Nice Finds Dave!!! I'd love to get a gold nugget that size out there! Yea I ditched work last Friday went to Franconia; got couple a little ones, which is Ok, but it sure was a great day. I'll post the little guys soon. Just walking and beeping out at Gold Basin or Franconia this time of year is great, and to make finds like you got is the icing on the cake, sweet!! Good Hunting! Clifton