Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
highbanker58

Ganes Creek Gold

Ganes Creek is usually only open 5 weeks of the year for Pay-to-mine. They opened it up for 2 more weeks this summer ,clear into the first week of August. Anyone that wanted to go and couldn't get a spot this year, should call them asap. They only have a few spots left. I'm going in June. Pictures to follow. Dave

Ganes Creek is usually only open 5 weeks of the year for Pay-to-mine. They opened it up for 2 more weeks this summer ,clear into the first week of August. Anyone that wanted to go and couldn't get a spot this year, should call them asap. They only have a few spots left. I'm going in June. Pictures to follow. Dave

Sounds like a great time. I'll be looking forward to seeing the pics and reading the prospecting reports ...beer.gif

Mike

I've seen some pics of righteous monsters come from there :twocents: John

I believe John is correct! Not sure, but i heard someone got a several oz chunk last summer! Good luck :D

P.S. I hear if you really want to find good gold, stay away from the pushes and the crowd, and work hard(beep when others are screwing around)That big minelab would be the ticket.(if want to hunt the pushes, they say a vlf detector is better, because of the crosstalk)

I'm envious, should be a fun trip :grin:

The very best of LUCK to you Dave on your trip. :thumbsupanim

Hi Dave

Went there in 2004, had some good luck and

the time of my life. They really know how to

make your visit memorable. Hope you find lots

of gold.

Best Luck!!

Herb

P.S. get into the brush, climb the tailing piles,

edges of the ponds.

Herb- I went to Ganes Creek 3 years ago in 2008, I came back with a total of 4+ oz. Largest was 2.08 oz.. If you Google the largest nuggets ever found in Alaska, Ganes Creek is the place. It is an extremely target rich area, with zero ground mineralization. The 5th largest GOLD nugget EVER found in Alaska was 122 oz found at Ganes Creek. Can you imagine digging that monster up? Dave

Wow! After reading others comments I am definately interested in seeing some pictures of your trip. I hope you find some nice gold and have a great trip!

Paul

Paul- You don't have to wait, you can go to their website www.clark-wiltz.com and you can see pictures of the 5 & 10 lb. nuggets. They also have pictures of the previous years. You will see a black background with groups of nuggets placed on it. Each group of nuggets was collected by one person on that week. I was there in 2008. When they originally drilled the well for the camp they got something like 7 oz of gold from the sludge out of the drill pipe.E.The tailing piles from the floating dredges are HUGE. They said the dredge had a 3/4 minus screen, so ANYTHING larger went out the back into the tailing piles.thumbsupsmileyanim.gif A special thanks to the guy that decided on a 3/4 in screen. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif As soon as I get back I'll post pictures. Dave