Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Desertsunburn

Trilby Wash Meteorite

You guys figure out a weekend you want to do it and I'll be sure to have the time to take you into the area, not sure if I'll be hunting but will if I can. The terrain is not that difficult to hunt except for trying to "eyeball" or use a cane since there are rocks of all colors scattered about as well as vegetation.

I will look at land status today and see what is up these days out there as I have not been there in many years. Much is previously placered State land that was part of a land deal 30 years ago that is now used by recreational beepers, quad and bike riders, hunters, and nare do wells of all types, the rest is BLM.

You guys figure out a weekend you want to do it and I'll be sure to have the time to take you into the area, not sure if I'll be hunting but will if I can. The terrain is not that difficult to hunt except for trying to "eyeball" or use a cane since there are rocks of all colors scattered about as well as vegetation.

I will look at land status today and see what is up these days out there as I have not been there in many years. Much is previously placered State land that was part of a land deal 30 years ago that is now used by recreational beepers, quad and bike riders, hunters, and nare do wells of all types, the rest is BLM.

Thanks Bill!

All: I am hunting Holbrook on the 11th and 12th give or take a day or two....other than that....I am open on weekends!

Jim

Wow, sounds like a gret trip, wish I could make it out with you guys when ya go but whith gas still so hi well you know. just a bit far from here. But we will see you never know when I get a hair up my-- you know. anyway would be nice to get out and meet up with some of the other lister.

good hunting

Bryan

Hi all!

While playing "Name That Meteorite", Johnno posted a nice pick of a Tribly Wash specimen.

While I was researching the winning answer to naming the meteorite, I came across some information by our very own Bill Southern saying that ASU classified it as an L5-S1-W3.

Now, it's classified as an L4 and I am interesting in hearing about the history around that as I find this stuff really interesting.

Any info??:)

Jim

Wonder if there's story behind the naming of "Trilby wash".

Steve

Wonder if there's story behind the naming of "Trilby wash".

Steve

I suggested the name at ASU when submitting location information since it was the closest named landmark to my find. Trilby Wash is actually a mile or more to the NE....