Nugget Shooter Forums

Franconia Today 5-16-2011

After of several days of trying to decide if were were going hunting or not, Jason put us over the edge with his coin hunting experience this weekend. He did good!

So we arrived at Fanconia before sun-up and started to hike into an area we wanted to revisit. This time via another route which turned out to be better. So much so, we went twice as far during our hunting!

Weather held in there and it was a beautiful day. We knew Richard was hunting as well but could not raise him on the radio. During lunch, we sat on a hill overlooking where we thought he may be and never saw him.

Anyways, good day. Wendy returned to the spot she found her puzzle last week and found the third and last piece of it! She now has a complete stone!

Here it the totals for the day for Wendy and myself:

Wendy: 23.3g OC, 6.0g OC and a 15.3g OC

Jim: 0.5g Iron, 55.3g OC

I think I heard Richard yelling WaaaaaHooooo in the field during the day....or it could have been the wind blowing but he scored a nice stone!

Recent finds can be seen here: http://desertsunburn.no-ip.org

Jim

Aloha Jim and Wendy,

Well, it looks like both of you have got Franconia dialed in pretty good.

Congratulations Wendy on finding that third piece to make up your puzzle. It has been over three years and I am still looking for my third piece to mine. So, what was the total weight of the puzzle? Just want to know how close I came to my original guess.

Aloha and as usual stay safe out there. I am still waiting for word on my GMT from Whites but should hear something from them tomorrow. Really looking forward to getting out in the desert to make a nice score. But in the meantime my physical therapist says if I just stay away from walking long distances on broken ground my ankles should get better soon. Little does she know! hehehehe

Stan aka Kaimi

Aloha Jim and Wendy,

Well, it looks like both of you have got Franconia dialed in pretty good.

Congratulations Wendy on finding that third piece to make up your puzzle. It has been over three years and I am still looking for my third piece to mine. So, what was the total weight of the puzzle? Just want to know how close I came to my original guess.

Aloha and as usual stay safe out there. I am still waiting for word on my GMT from Whites but should hear something from them tomorrow. Really looking forward to getting out in the desert to make a nice score. But in the meantime my physical therapist says if I just stay away from walking long distances on broken ground my ankles should get better soon. Little does she know! hehehehe

Stan aka Kaimi

Hi Stan,

The complete stone is something like 181g. We were had high hopes she would make the 200 club! Oh well!

The GMT is sure taking it's time getting repaired! Maybe that is a blessing in disguise in that you are being given time to heal those ankles!

During much of the hunting time yesterday we had the detectors off and were hunting by sight only. Except for the iron and Wendy's third puzzle piece, all the others were found by sight only. We have spotted a few places we are going to go back and hunt. It will really depends on the temperature. Gas prices dropped here ($3.66/gal) and we took advantage of that yesterday.

Jim

Way to go guys, Wendy is really doing great. You got to love it when you two come home with something other than a sunburn..!

I think that I can speak for the rest of us, up here in Vegas, It sure will be nice to see the gas price go down..!

Maybe I can talk Stan into an overnight trip, if it doesn't get to hot down there, in the near future. I think this will be the last cool days we get for a few months, to bad.

As always keep up the good work...!

Rick

Hey Jim Nice finds!! I like your pics on you web site. Send my congratulations to Wendy on her last piece of the puzzle, way nice at 181 grams!!! You both are cleaning up at Franconia!!! Good Hunting! Clifton

Aloha Jim and Wendy,

19 grams short of 200!:baaasmiley: Just a little more incentive for her to go out and kick some butt!:tisk-tisk: You go girl!!:thumbsupanim

Hey, with the temps 15-20 degrees ower than normal out here in Vegas i really dont look forward to august. I talked to Whites today and heard that they are swamped with work and I should be getting my GMT shipper out by friday if all goes well.:scare: Man am I really getting withdrawals. I may end up heading out to a dry lake this weekend and try my luck out there for a change.

Aloha and stay safe out there.

Stan aka Kaimi

Great finds Jim and Wendy,especially Wendy's third piece of the puzzle find. :thumbsupanim Wish we could have hooked up, but again maybe not. I wouldn't have made my finds. :D

Thanks again Jim for the advise.

Richard aka kgmrg

P.S.

Can't wait to hook up again with you and Stan. :)