Nugget Shooter Forums

Colorado Amazonite

Hello. Can anyone suggest the safest way to periodically clean Colorado amazonie crystals? I like to leave them out and I get alot of pollen and dust over them. Is hard water ok to rinse over them or is there a safer way? I am mainly worried about the color fading from improper cleaning. Thank you for any help :)

Mike

Mike-

I know you can safely clean amazonite specimens with water and a very mild soap but I would prefer to use distilled water instead of hard water. No sense taking any chances on those specimens. I'd like to see a photo of it if you can post it.

Steve

Mike-

I know you can safely clean amazonite specimens with water and a very mild soap but I would prefer to use distilled water instead of hard water. No sense taking any chances on those specimens. I'd like to see a photo of it if you can post it.

Steve

Thanks so much Steve. This pic is my best piece. Nice lines and excellent color. Amazonite is one of my favorite minerals due to the feldspar microline and color. This piece is around 3.5 inches long

post-16908-0-23978800-1305460941_thumb.j

As the Aussies say, "That's a beauty!" Perfect color and nice crystal.

That is a very nice specimen. I have cut up a bit of Amazonite but sure would not touch that one. My best Amazonite is from Brazil but it is still just a cutting rock and not anything worthy of display like yours.

5340438282_9602442f22_z.jpg

By the way- did you find that some where around Pikes Peak? :inocent::rolleyes:

Steve

I do believe it is pikes peak. I need to check my paperwork. I am a collector. I haven't had the great opportunity to go on any digs yet. I have been collecting for about 20 years now. I am obsessed with minerals. Have a true love . Here is another photo I just snapped quickly of some nice colorado amazonite. The color is not nearly as intense, but nice crystal structure.

By the way Steve....my wife picked me up 2 gallons of distilled water. thank you much

post-16908-0-11622100-1305570823_thumb.j