Nugget Shooter Forums

Getting the itch

ringer

Biz crashed with the economy so I sold my GPX4000 a year ago. If I can get a new in box 2200v2 or a Gold Bug 2 what would you recommend? The GB2 is half the cost but if the 2200 will work better I will get that one. Thanks for your help. I am missing the sweaty hikes in the bradshaws. I figure I can upgrade when things pick up at work.

Went up to Prescott and bought the 2200V2 from a nice lady whose hubby bought it then died from a heart attack. Around $1000 and never even taken out of the box. New headphones in there too. It has the round coil so need to know the best coil for this machine. It will be nice to get out again. Sucks that the guy died before he could use it even once. He was only 63.

I liked the Joey coil on my 4000. I hunt the Bradshaws and west of Rye with my grandson. Just a good all around coil for this machine for pickers is good. I am going to try the round coil for a bit and see how I like it. Thanks.

Any coil made for a Minelab Pi will work on the 2200...that stock dd coil is underrated by many...for a mono consider one of the commander coils...however the coiltek and Nugget Finder coils are also effective...there is no best...

an enhancer is likely your best choice of add-ons for that model...

fred

FredMason has it right. The Enhancer or signal amplifier is an absolute must. Also very important is the headphones you use. The ones that came with my 2200v2 were crap. Koss UR30 or ones designed for detecting like Grey Ghost or Nuggetbusters and the like are what you want. That detector will find a lot of gold if you get over it and dig. Dig all TARGETS.

Gary The Oldone

Specimen: 14.5oz 6oz of gold 30" deep

post-435-0-10431800-1305594999_thumb.jpg

ASK ADAM on this forum he is a nugget killer with his 2200V2 he'll give you some good advise for the machine and coils. :twocents:

Ha Ha...Thanks Frank , but I sure faced the skunk this Sunday past :shrug: :head: However I did manage some good drywashed gold ..the days before :brows:

Ringer...Keep that stock coil ....They give you that coil so you can use the discriminator on the machine. I wouldnt mess with discriminating just yet , maybe try it later when you have used the machine for a while. The Joey is a good small coil for the 2200 as well. I really think that 3 coils are a good stock to have for the 2200 ...A small one like the 8" Minelab mono or the Joey, but I favor the Minelab. A medium sized coil like the 11" minelab mono or a 14 inch eliptical, and a large one like a 14" round or larger like an 18" minelab mono for deep areas.

The Gold Screamer amp is a good product to have for audio amplification, and an aftermarket battery/regulator system like the Pocket Rocket set up.

Keep the faith with the 2200V2 ..it finds gold :thumbsupanim

Ringer,

The above posts all have great advice for you about the coils to choose from. I agree with others that a signal enhancer is a must. The last post by Adam is solid gold. Just remember to go slow, and scrub the ground with that coil when you're in proven nugget ground. Investigate even the tiniest variation in the threshold.

All the best,

Lanny

UT OH, I'm in deep doo doo now. Yesterday we picked up a 2200v2 for my other half. Shes probably gonna show me up now with it cause my hearing is so bad.

Oh well it will be interesting to see her find her 1st nugget an do the WHOOPIE NUGGET DANCE she wants to very badly.