Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

highbanker58

Emergency Calls

The Spot Connect is a NEW unit that connects your cell phone for texting, via satellite. No cell phone signal needed. You can Text a message out ,even if you have no cell phone reception. It also has all of the features of the basic SPOT, including the OK checks , so your family can relax when you're out in the field detecting. If you do have an accident ,you can get help FAST, in areas that render a cell phone useless. The unit is $169 and $99 a year. There is an additional cost (.10 ) per message if you text out. Cheap Insurance , since I am out detecting alone most of the time and 15 to 20 miles from camp on my quad !!!!! Dave

The Spot Connect is a NEW unit that connects your cell phone for texting, via satellite. No cell phone signal needed. You can Text a message out ,even if you have no cell phone reception. It also has all of the features of the basic SPOT, including the OK checks , so your family can relax when you're out in the field detecting. If you do have an accident ,you can get help FAST, in areas that render a cell phone useless. The unit is $169 and $99 a year. There is an additional cost (.10 ) per message if you text out. Cheap Insurance , since I am out detecting alone most of the time and 15 to 20 miles from camp on my quad !!!!! Dave

Nice heads-up Dave, thanks for sharing!

:*&$*(: Dang it! i just spent a good deal of money on a sat phone, this probably would have worked for me!

Very good idea... and much cheaper than iridium service

:*&$*(: Dang it! i just spent a good deal of money on a sat phone, this probably would have worked for me!

Very good idea... and much cheaper than iridium service

You're way better off with a sat phone. SPOT is only one-way messaging. You can sent text out, but not receive any text or messaging back. With a sat phone you can either text or talk both ways.

You're way better off with a sat phone. SPOT is only one-way messaging. You can sent text out, but not receive any text or messaging back. With a sat phone you can either text or talk both ways.

cool! dont feel so bad now, looked into it, your right. Could be useful tho