Nugget Shooter Forums

Scorpion Rock

Hi Patrick-

Well - you haven't had too many beers since I see the same thing you do.. :) It sure doesn't look like a petroglyph. I don't think it's a fossil either. Scorpions looked much different millions of years ago then they do today. My guess it's just an image that kind of resembles a scorpion and was created by a random application of iron minerals. That's the reddish color you see.

You've seen or heard of images of Jesus being found on toast,in clouds, on leaves, and other materials,etc. Kind of the same thing... Just a freak occurrence that resembles a scorpion. :twocents:

Steve

Hi Patrick ....Heating up out there is it! :scare:

Unless you can distinguish the anomaly from either minerals versus a coating of something, I would say at this point it is a mineral, and a total coincidence. However , it would be hella cool if it was a petroglyph

The local BLM geologist agree's that it's just a random iron stain.

Hmmm. I wonder if there might be a market for it? Let me know if you have any idea's. I need to buy some gas.

Patrick.....

Sell it on Ebay, there are people out there that will buy anything.

I have seen so many things that have the fuzzy image of Mother Mary or Jesus on them that sold for enough to fill your tank, I'm sure that there are some scorpion fans out there.

Skip

Hey Skip.

Thanks for the idea. But what category would I put it under?

I did a search for "rocks", and saw a lot of very pretty things for sale, but nothing with an image on them.

I guess I'll have to go back to collecting beer cans for gas.

Patrick.....

• 2 weeks later...

I found this yesterday while exploring around Havasu.

Fossil?.....Petroglyph?.....Too many cold one's?

Any idea's?

Patrick.....

Patrick,

Looks like the shape of steel candle holders they used in mines & stuck in the wood support beams, some thing a blacksmith might make & sell to local miners.

If a steel one was layed on the rock and rusted there in the weather, might leave an imprint thats in the pictures.

Just Sayin . . . . . wonderer