Nugget Shooter Forums

Hunting Micro-Meteorites

I did not make it to Franconia today....that's for tomorrow...but lookie what I found while hunting for micro-meteorites.

It's that beautiful iron blue and this one has wings! How cool is that :thumbsupanim

This thing is the size of a pin point. The pics are not so good going through a 20x loupe....but you can see it.

micro1t.jpg

I watched a video about micro-meteorites and decided to give it a try. Total hunt time was 10 minutes.

Jim

Looks like Geoffs Logo abit

I did not make it to Franconia today....that's for tomorrow...but lookie what I found while hunting for micro-meteorites.

It's that beautiful iron blue and this one has wings! How cool is that :thumbsupanim

This thing is the size of a pin point. The pics are not so good going through a 20x loupe....but you can see it.

micro1t.jpg

I watched a video about micro-meteorites and decided to give it a try. Total hunt time was 10 minutes.

Jim

Hey Jim that's pretty neat! It does look like wings. How did you collect it? Clifton

Hello Clifton!

It's fairly entertaining! To think one can find meteorites in ones own back yard.

The video that led me to give it a try is this one:

I followed their procedure but with better magnets. It worked. It's FM!

My garage has a white coated roof and a rain gutter. I climbed up on a ladder and slowly ran the bag of magnets through the gutter, being careful not to touch anything about 2 or 3 feet on each side of the ladder.

There are other videos on Youtube about this. My finds pretty much match the others on the various videos! I have several. Darn...now I need a microscope!

Jim