Nugget Shooter Forums

First, Happy Mothers Day to all you Muthers out therehappy0193[1].gif.

Anyone want to take advantage of probably the last cool weekend, we'll be heading for one of our favorite spots on Sunday and plan to be in the field hiking at or a little before sun-up.

Jim

Nope. I'm taking MY Wendy to breakfast at Havasu Springs that morning. (great chow)

Much cooler.

Good luck to all that do make the hunt tho......

Patrick.....

HI Jim...

Good luck at Franconia, let us know how it is. Headed out tomorrow with Stan, will let you know how it goes.

Dave

Jim, good luck out there, be safe and save me some irons :ph34r2: ... I have class tomorrow, and Sunday would waaaaaaaaaaaay out of the question :nutty: . Plus, I'm still trying to recover from the camera incident :hahaha: . Jason ;)

Jim, good luck out there, be safe and save me some irons :ph34r2: ... I have class tomorrow, and Sunday would waaaaaaaaaaaay out of the question :nutty: . Plus, I'm still trying to recover from the camera incident :hahaha: . Jason ;)

Thanks all!

While I say this now, it may be subject to change....but the heat and the gas prices are going to limit my meteorite hunting this summer and this may be the last trip out there for a while....at least until it cools off or the gas price go back down. So I am hoping Wendy scores. Looks like local treasure hunting and short cold hunts will be my fix for the time being!!! Found 37 cents at a local park yesterday...but had a lot of fun detecting!

Dave and Stan....good luck on your venture....hope it proves successful!

Jim

You're right Jim the abbreviation "CTH" Close To Home is going to become popular with these gas prices fer sure. Good luck Sunday an Happy Mudders Day !!!

Jim, that's where a second or third hobby comes in handy...The solar cycle is supposed to be pretty good, but haven't had the radio on in a few months. Astronomy is the next best thing, here on the balmy nights in Vegas...Jason ;)

Jim, that's where a second or third hobby comes in handy...The solar cycle is supposed to be pretty good, but haven't had the radio on in a few months. Astronomy is the next best thing, here on the balmy nights in Vegas...Jason ;)

check out http://spaceweatherradio.com/ they have an awesome meteor scatter 216 Mhz receiver listening to the AF 200Mhz sky radar. I've heard 7 meteors so far...just listening on and off. It's real time and pretty cool stuff.

Jim

Nope. I'm taking MY Wendy to breakfast at Havasu Springs that morning. (great chow)

Much cooler.

Good luck to all that do make the hunt tho......

Patrick.....

Hunt changed to Monday....better hunting weather....and It took two hours to get those darned handcuffs off.:wub:

Jim

Can't wait to come and have a go at Franconia. And get to see :arrowheadsmiley: you guys up close. Pull a thousand grammer!!!!!!!!!! :D Oh maybe a 1000 milligrammer then!

What's the weather like at this time of year?

Happy Mother's Day for the women of this forum.

BD

One word can say it all. "HOT"

Although if you hunt in the mornings it will be ok, just make sure you have plenty of water...!

I'm sure there is one out there with your name on it, you just need to put in the time, and maybe get one of the guys to show you where to hunt...!

Rick

Today's hunt was Awesome :thumbsupanim 8 hours on the ground!!

Weather was darn near perfect and here is the score:

Wendy: 175.5g OC (puzzle) and a 1.2g OC (she whoop my arse and darn near made it into the 200 club!)

Jim: 40.3g and 26.1g OC's, 0.8g, 0.5g and 0.3g Irons

Pictures can be seen under Recent Finds at http://desertsunburn.no-ip.org

Jim

Wendy, Congrats on the biggie.. :whoope: :thumbsupanim .Puzzle pieces are fun, especially when you can ind them and put them together. Jim, great finds too. That area looks like a good spot :inocent: ...

Jason ;)

Wendy, Congrats on the biggie.. :whoope: :thumbsupanim .Puzzle pieces are fun, especially when you can ind them and put them together. Jim, great finds too. That area looks like a good spot :inocent: ...

Jason ;)

Wendy says thank's and wondered if all the pics we were sending Team Hershey today were giving you guys withdrawals, etc??

I did some recon today as well. I have a few new spots.....and if I told you we walked right by the one Wendy found, you would probably fall over...so i won't tell you that! :arrowheadsmiley:happy0193[1].gif

Jim

Big congatulations to Wendy at 175.5 grams, puzzle or not that's Great!!! :thumbsupanim Jim you did nice as well, and way nice pics you have there on your site. Jim I'd be getting worried or Wendy will get a 500 grammer first. Better to call it the Wendy-Jim team now, it may help saving face later. Very Nice fines the both of you!!! Clifton

Aloha Team Hershey,

Well Jim, it looks like sending Wendys' unit in for repair paid off for her. now we are all going to have to keep her distracted so we can hunt without her grabbing all the big ones. Great job Wendy and from I heard you actually saw it before you ran your coil over it. Hmmmm, getting them eyes tuned in to them meteorites I see!

Aloha and keep em coming.

Stan aka Kaimi

Wendy and Jim

Great job, this was the first time I saw your web-site way to go, looking good site.

Just goes to show you what you can do if you put the time in the field..!

We still have a few weeks before the weather gets way to hot to be out all day.

It's just tough with the price of gas, to make trips down to Franconia for the day...!

Rick