Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold Basin Hunt 4-30-11

Rob C and I headed for GB on a sunny but very windy Sat. Hit the ground early and headed for a blank spot on our personal strewnfield map. After several hours Rob got a solid signal and the excavation began. It appeared to be decent size after removing the top layer of dirt, and Rob was rewarded with a nice 146 gram stony. Attached is a photo with the top layer of dirt removed and then cleaned up later. Rob was on a roll and ended up scoring another 15 grammer. I got skunked this day, but hey if it was easy everyone would be out there.... 390cdd45.jpg92e46e80.jpg886be5e6.jpg

Sorry you skunked Terry! I don't feel so bad about that place when I hear I am not the only one that skunks.<_< I do that 95% of all my time spent there.

Congrats Rob on the finds! :thumbsupanim What was he using for a beeper?

Jim

Rob got a very nice looking Gold Basin at 146 grams, sweet!!! Yea Terry last time I was out there I got skunked. I need a pointer with great mojo like Uncle Marvin. Good Hunting!! Clifton

Aloha,

Great looking specimen you found. Yep, it is getting harder to find quality size pieces BUT they are still out there for the persistent hunter.

Aloha and stay safe.

Stan aka Kaimi

Very nice find, congrats to Rob. Thanks for the pics.

Dave