Nugget Shooter Forums

New Minelab Owners

Well, I did it. Yesterday I went to see Philip at Prospectors Depot in Joshua Tree and picked up two new detectors. I got the Eureka Gold for myself and the X-Terra 705 Pro Pack for the lady. So far I am loving them both both. Actually kind of wishing I had got the Pro Pack as well. What a versatile detector that is. In the air test, which I know is very unreliable in comparison to in ground, both units picked up some very small gold pieces. One piece was about the size of a match head, and I'm talking about the ones in the little books of matches. Can't wait to get out and get some time on them. Thanks again for all the input in my previous post.

Chris

Not yet, Denny. We have to go back for them on Friday when my wife is off work. Looking forward to them, though. We will be taking a trip to Quartzsite, Az. this month so I wanna make sure we have every advantage possible.

Ask a lot of questions , be sure you are comfotable ground balancing and do it often, it takes a lot more time but that is a good edge,Listen for faint sound changes that repeat,if you go listening to screamers all day you more than likely will not find gold,, as most of the screamers have been found.Most all the popular gold locations have been beat for years good luck

Chris--I'm thinking about the 705 for my little lady as well. How does yours like it?

All the best,

Lanny

Lanny,

So far she really likes it a lot. Easy to use and surprisingly not too difficult to learn how to operate efficiently. Very light (compared to her MXT) and the Pro Pack she got is great and covers everything she was looking for in a detector package. In a nutshell, get it!! She will NOT be disappointed. :thumbsupanim

Chris